It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives. George Carlin said it best...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wow. Every major point, in one paragraph.

Oddly this man never got the chance to run for office, but I tell you what...
He'd be one hell of a lobbier.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed curse words from image.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I love Carlin.

But at the same time, he doesn't speak for me.

I speak for myself.
edit on 3-4-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Carlin was great. This more than likely has already been posted, but it bears repeating.
It doesn't take much to understand what's going in the world.
edit on 3-4-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Double2nd
edit on 3-4-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed Mr. Carlin's pieces. Always insightful and done with intelligence. I don't believe he wanted anything to do with politics aside from exposing how ridiculous it was. He always remained his own man with his own opinions.
edit on 3-4-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Yes, this has been posted a few times, but it's classic and needs to be viewed repeatedly by as many people as possible. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lumping all members of a group into a single mindset and ideology is what groups like the KKK and New Black Panthers do. So Carlin being a classic Bigot is a good thing?

If I might ask? What is the difference between the hate coming from Progressives now and the hate coming from say the KKK or Aryan Nation? I can't see any difference. A Bigot is a Bigot is a Bigot.

You will find the Carlin Card is played here often and in many past threads. Not a new thing, just sour grapes for the sake of hate.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I enjoy Carlin. It's important to be able to laugh at ourselves. But as a conservative I get irritated by people who claim conservatives don't care about people. I don't think it's too much to ask for people to makes choices they can live with. Having said that I'm not against helping people. I'm against the government forcing people into helping others. I'm a student who works part time at a crappy retail job but I still give money to charity and volunteer in my community. I believe the greatest thing we can do on this earth is help others, but I don't think it's the governments job to make us do that. If you believe there are people out there, and there are, that need help than help them. Don't sit around waiting for the government to decide who needs help.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
God I love this man, I saw him live in NJ a year before he died- didn't even matter that I'd seen all the content on HBO already.. haha

I wrote an article for my site a while back, it was a theoretical interview with him about the end of the world using actual quotes by him. Best idea I ever had, his circling the drain material was brilliant. I wish he was alive long enough to finish it!

One of my favorite pieces, The man was a genius and I will forever remain my hero.

Naysayers needn't respond

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I love George Carlin. May he rest in peace.

This quote outlines a few of the reasons why I'm registered Independent. I have conservative views as well as liberal views. If I were to choose one or the other, I'd feel like an extremist as well as a hypocrite.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join