It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theory: a way to track down the ongoing strange sounds.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I live just north of Chicago and have heard in the news that they will be adding these gadgets in the city mounted on the police cameras that are already in place. These gadgets can not only detect the sounds of bullets, but also analyze from which direction they came.

Why not grab one of these and take it out to that town in Wisconsin and other places where these strange sounds r occuring to see if we can track down the source?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I live just north of Chicago and have heard in the news that they will be adding these gadgets in the city mounted on the police cameras that are already in place. These gadgets can not only detect the sounds of bullets, but also analyze from which direction they came.

Why not grab one of these and take it out to that town in Wisconsin and other places where these strange sounds r occuring to see if we can track down the source?

You want to know where the strange noises are originating from?

Start with youtube...

Just like "Nibiru", the "sounds", and every other flavor of the month conspiracy...

If the sounds were real we would have verifiable proof by now. All we ever have is poorly filmed scenes of people looking at a skyline with a sound track added.

Too many of the videos have already been proven hoaxes for me to still believe in any of the "strange noise" stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I'm inclined to agree. Most, if not all YouTube videos of strange sounds have been confirmed hoaxes, and the Tampa Bay Rays game was a lightning strike.

I'm waiting for a news crew or some more reputable source to record these sounds people are supposedly experiencing, rather than relying on YouTube for proof.

It has crossed my mind that perhaps some of the Wisconsin booms could be people playing with dynamite, but it would take several tons to register a 1.5 on the Richter scale. I don't think the dynamite caused the seismic reading, but it could account for some of the audible booms.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Cool idea but I am inclined to believe these sound hearers (huh hearers is a word apparently...) only dial in on gunshots. Otherwise they would be pretty useless. Then again, I think they ARE pretty useless. Say someone gets shot a few blocks away, the sound, umm, hearer, locks in and pinpoints exactly where the gunshot came from. What are the chances the gunman (or I suppose gunwoman) is still mincing about in the same spot? I'd say just about zero.

Again, cool thought, but if the things were rigged up to pick up every sound, the would be useless. Oh wait, they are anyway.

I love cops, but I think a better investment would be on body cameras. Protect the good cops from BS, catch the bad ones being bastards.

Good luck catching the shooter. Harumph.

new topics

top topics

join