It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May insists snoopers vital to fight crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
They have probably been doing for years anyway. Even if they have to publicly back down due to pressure, they will continue to do it in secret. The system is well past the point of no return.

They have been able to for a long time, without a doubt. But not on this scale and not with the forced collusion of the ISP's who will have to comply to allow them real time access to their networks.

Before this, GCHQ could track IP's and request information regarding individuals from sites, networks, ISP's etc, but they couldn't latch on to a website and then see all those who come and go, they couldn't build up a database of all the people interested in a site or a subject.

The primary concern is that with this measure, any group wishing to form a new political party in the UK will be open to monitoring and attack by the government. Who decides where the threat is, and can anyone guarantee me that the already vastly corrupt ConDem coalition won't use this to destroy any potential political challenge?

I actually feel sick about this. I have only ever thought about leaving this country a couple of times in my life, but never moreso than right now.

I really hope that we stop this from going through, and that our elected stop this at the earliest opportunity. I genuinely fear for my country and our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There saying that it would have helped catch Huntley in Soham a few years ago,
but surely thoses that use the net for "dubious" activities, will just stop once it's official that monitoring is taking place.

I don't think they will actually be able to get this through even this second time, there's too much resistance already from within the Con's own ranks.

But it will be back, those that want it law will always be behind the scenes. (unless.......
)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Megatronus

Cheers dude..

Signed and Facebooked...

Ironically enough, to sign the petition you have to give over information, then the act of sharing via Pacebook probably gives them even more info....

I too signed the petition - but not happy about having to hand over personal details to do it...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah i wasnt to happy about it too. id still rather have my name down though then not. This is allone step to far.

Originally posted by GeordieLegend

Originally posted by stumason

Cheers dude..

Signed and Facebooked...

Ironically enough, to sign the petition you have to give over information, then the act of sharing via Pacebook probably gives them even more info....

I too signed the petition - but not happy about having to hand over personal details to do it...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"We won't be prying into ordinary citizens' email, facebook etc, the whole thing has been grossly exaggerated." says Cameron. What is a normal or ordinary citizen and when do they become extraordinary? How much does it take to cross the line and for what sort of crime; physical or of thought - political perhaps? Will they tell me if they think I need "supervising"? Somehow I think not! If there ever were a revolution, who would be an ordinary citizen then? They probably do already do it but going public will allow them to boast about it and show how effective it is and what better lives we live.

I suggest that May and Cameron try some other, more crude experiments and succumb to their effects.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Its effectively a blanket wiretap and mail intercept on the entire nation.

Its absurd. I know, why not just lock everybody up?, no crime then for sure. That'll show the baddies.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

All of us who signed the petition have probably gone straight to the top of their lists...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join