It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can now reveal that I won the latest CA lottery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Everyone in my company put in $5 for Quick-Picks in the March 30 drawing. We matched, I think, 3 numbers. So as of today we're each $0.69 richer.

I'm not sure yet what I'll spend my winnings on. I was thinking maybe a pine-tree air-freshener for the car; but then I thought: nahh--that's just ostentatious. If I were wise I'd save it for a rainy day; perhaps I could buy a newspaper to cover my head with as I run through the rain from my car to the front door of the office. Oh, wait... Newspapers cost a dollar now. Damn.

Well, now you see how hard it is for us lottery winners. It just presents us with that many more difficult decisions....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Hope this helps instead of lucky picking,
Link

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have to say that the California Lottery saved my life one time.

My wife and I were working two crappy part time jobs, overdrawn at the bank and no food in the house. I found a dollar walking home from work. On a whim I went into the 7-11, bought a quick pick and crossed my fingers. The drawing was the next day.

I walk into the 7-11 hand over my ticket to be checked by the clerk, expecting the usual "sorry not a winner." Instead he looks and me and says, "you won $127, how would you like that?" I looked at the guy and started crying right then. We bought food, gas for the car, and managed to make it through one of the toughest months of my life.

True Story.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I won the Mega millions... spent 5 bucks

Hit the mega number, and 1 other number... worth a whole 3 dollars... But I lost the ticket today before I could cash it in... now ill never be able to start prepping

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Funny. My wife long ago worked for a boss who was rather well-to-do. It was nothing for him to get in high-stakes professional poker games. He also bought about $500 worth of lottery tickets every week. The ones that weren't big winners worth bothering with he gave to us. We'd check through them and find $2 here, and $17 there, and occasionally a $50 or $60 winner. Got us through some lean times. Heh. I'd forgotten all about that till I read your story....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Donate it to charity or the next homeless person you come across

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Thanks for the link. I had actually thought about such a system years ago. But I'd have had to do it manually.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Bummer....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Yeah. Thing is I feel bad if I give less than $5 anymore....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Thanks for the link. I had actually thought about such a system years ago. But I'd have had to do it manually.

Manually ?

6/42 took me 3 days to get 90% coverage and 1 week to get 99% coverage to generate.
Approx 800k combinations to get 5 guaranteed if 6 selected in 42 numbers if i'm not mistaken...
can calc that easily.
2 x Pentium 5 1.2Ghz churning 24 hours, lol.

Err no, I dont have the money or the intention to buy, just hate to see computers idling.
If you won the first prize, just keep buying lottery, full coverage
easy money.
edit on 3-4-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I won the Mega millions... spent 5 bucks

Hit the mega number, and 1 other number... worth a whole 3 dollars... But I lost the ticket today before I could cash it in... now ill never be able to start prepping

Story of my life..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Hmmm... I *think* I understand that. Truly, though, you'd have to be really committed to follow through on something like that. It'd be like people who cut out hundreds of coupons and then organize a trip to the stores and spend $3 on $150 worth of groceries.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not my cup of meat, as Dylan said....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Hmmmm, 69 cents richer?, the number 69 signifies….well T&C forbids me from saying.

Get with your significant other and celebrate…you may get lucky!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
How about we make a fake lottery thread ?
Each person pick numbers then must stick to it, forever.

Winners can have "my number won the jackpot, if I bought" bragging rights and a broken dream. Well, just that.
Not to propose gambling, just for the lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
My Mom made $14, after deducting her expenses. She seems to be onto something tho because 3/17 of the plays she did won whereas it statistically would take at least 3/120 for that to happen. She did a lot of analysis beforehand. When I see her next I'll ask if she wants another swing at it and I'll chip in. All she does is play with numbers all day and we'll see if it wasn't just a fluke.

Edit: talking about the Mega Millions, of course.
edit on 3-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join