It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Dollars At Work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It really is a shame that we can't find away to loosen the power the IRS has on we the people, when you think about the money these people waste in government. I mean not just this one, all though this is the most expensive one yet, they all have wasted our money, but too bad that we can't put a lock on their wallets and purses. Why fire this one? They'll probably just get a more expensive one.

Daily Mail Reporter

'Excessive and wasteful': GSA chief resigns after investigation into $820,000 staff training conference that included a mind reader, a clown and a comedian.

A senior government official resigned Monday after a report concluded her agency improperly paid for an 'over-the-top' training session near Las Vegas that allegedly featured a mind reader, a clown, a comedian, bicycle giveaways and lavish after-hour receptions in resort suites for federal workers.The White House accepted General Services Administration chief Martha Johnson's resignation after she dismissed two deputies and suspended other career federal employees over the $820,000 conference.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xzz1qwiFBR2e

edit on 2-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
....a mindreader, a clown and a comic walk into a bar...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

bartender asks the clown, what will you be having? mind reader answers, he'll be having a red headed slut.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jollyjollyjolly
....a mindreader, a clown and a comic walk into a bar...

...Comic says: "Who put that bar there?"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Speaking of the IRS did you see their recent submission to Congress? They are asking for an additional 300+ millions dollars so they can hire about 4k people to deal with compliance issues for Obama Care.

There are a few sites out there people can use to pinpoint / report waste in hopes of ending it.

Judicial watch
GovTrack - Follow along with Congressional legislation
GAO - General Accounting Office

The best weapon though is the people coupled with an unrelenting drive to get their elected representatives to actually do something.

House of Representatives
Senate

WhiteHouse - We the People program
US House of Representatives - CITIZEN COSPONSOR PROJECT

Time for people to get involved...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've said it for years on this forum: Stop earning/paying tax for anything more than is absolutely necessary for survival. People are freaking out at the idea of austerity. I've been living this way for years - working only as much as is vitally necessary (and that is all under the table, in cash), pay no taxes, take no benefits, see no doctors, have no credit/debit cards, use only cash, use no customer loyalty cards, live quietly, hide in plain sight, fly under the radar.

It's not hard to do once you get used to it. I have no magazine subscriptions. I don't watch tv. I don't listen to radio. I never "shop". I pick up bargains at flea markets but those are only ever *true* bargains. I don't bring in anything that isn't really worthwhile. I have shunned the market economy. I use no pharmaceuticals or cosmetics.

You can find everything you need out there. If you're working hard to pay your bills and taxes, be more clever. Cut back. Cut back a lot. Do it for a few years. It does your soul a world of good and it will do the government a lot of good too.
The kind of good they need done: Right up the backside.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I do some of what you say have no debit/credit cards, (never have made enough money to be taxable) I pay for everything in cash, don't have landline phone service use pay as you go, can't seem to do without the tv, or radio (would dearly love to get rid of Comcast,keep having problems with their x-finity product would have to get U-verse though Satellite dish not allowed at the apartment complex, can't afford an HD tv though and extraneous living conditions leave not having any sound around me unacceptable.
Have always believed in thrift and shopped at thrift stores (you can find some really nice clothes at the boutique section for a fraction of the cost at a department store (name brands too, gently used items). So, I guess I'm part of the way to the level that you're at.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Work on getting rid of that tv addiction! It's really worth doing. I promise you that.

Buy some books from the flea market sometime. Read them. Even if they're boring at first, get some classics and force yourself to digest them. You won't regret it. Well, you might at first, but eventually you'll get there.

And keep yourself humble, my friend. Not having two pennies to rub together is the best place to be at this point in time. Remain in that admirable position. You're a lot better off than those who (think they) have money.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

pay no taxes, take no benefits, see no doctors, have no credit/debit cards, use only cash, use no customer loyalty cards, live quietly, hide in plain sight, fly under the radar.

What happens when you get that severe belly pain that just doesn't go away.
Your neighbors will call the paramedics.
They cart you to the hospital.
They diagnose you with cancer.

All of a sudden your medical bills are paid by my taxes. Which you have never paid a dime towards.
Speaking of you drive on roads you didn't help to pay for. You get all the benifits of our infrastructure you had no part in paying.

So if it were up to me I would deny coverage for any medical treatments you didn't have the cash for.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

No worries for you, dear friend. I wouldn't dream of using medical science to cure what ails me. I have no ailments nor shall I, ever.

As for roads, fear not. Your roads are not my roads. Nor shall they ever be so.

By the way, you own nothing but illusion, like all the other "owners". But you have been pwned and by no small measure! They are rich because there's one of you born every second. I keep them just a little poorer. You do your bit. I'll do mine.

new topics

top topics

join