It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Blaming Israel for Rising Fuel Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
U.S. Blaming Israel for Rising Fuel Prices

According to an article in IsraelNationalNews, an article in The World Tribune
claims the Obama administration is blaming Israel for the recent rise in global crude oil prices !!!

Perhaps, but I would be quicker to "blame" worldwide speculation markets
possibly fueled by intense sensationalism and propaganda
most likely generated by the oil speculation cartels to influence the price
as they make millions from the fear of fears.

First Publish: 4/3/2012, 3:16 AM
IsraelNationalNews

The Obama administration is blaming Israel for the recent rise in global crude oil prices, according to a Sunday report in The World Tribune. The rise in fuel prices is deemed as harming the U.S. economy and has also hurt Obama in the polls as he seeks re-election in November.

The report cited a leading U.S. analyst, Robert Satloff, who returned from talks with Israeli officials.

Satloff, executive director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said, according to The World Tribune, that the Israeli leadership saw Washington as attributing the higher gas prices to “Israel’s posturing” on Iran.

Sounds like psychopathic mania to me !!

The World Tribune site
(who are those guys anyway ?)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I always find it funny how prices at the bowser fluctuate due to the price of crude, however the price of engine oil is mostly pretty stable.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
High oil prices mean the dollar is weak.

Obama blaming Israel means that he's not done blaming others for his bad choices that he makes intentionally to hurt others.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Without getting too deeply into my personal beliefs, I agree with the Obama administration. The threat of war cripples trade, and especially cripples the futures market, as uncertainty prevails.

If Israel stopped the war rhetoric and actually partnered with Iran to make sure Iran's nuclear program was not weapons related, I'm sure oil futures wouldn't be so high.

There are literally hundreds of factors that go into pricing oil, but threats of war and/or instability in the region strongly influence it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Prices in Holland just jumped 20%. What currency would you think the EU as a whole (or the UK for that matter) uses to buy oil with? I would hazard a guess that it is not the US dollar.
ETA I could be wrong but the EU is at least as large as far as population and spending power is concerned as the US.
edit on 2/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well your currency may be weak also. But higher gas prices often reflect the opposite of the dollar. It probably is similar with the Euro.

Where is the money going if there is a financial crisis? Probably with the Saudi's or the United Arab Emirates.

ETA: one of the other reasons is because the Federal Government taxes the hell out of oil, they feel as they must have a monopoly with everything as if no other corporation should ever become more wealthy than the government.
edit on 2-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I BLAME ARGENTINA
and TEXAS

disclaimer I am from Texas and love Argentina, just wanted to toss some poo like the media and everyone else

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

A weak currency? In internal borders that argument is moot. Internationally it's at best probably a con.

Petrol (gas) is 9 dollars plus a gallon here. Europe (and the UK) has some of the highest rate of tax duties in the western world. I would imagine that most of the money disappears into the pockets of our governments and companies (who also possibly pay tax if they don't wriggle out of it via loopholes). The government always wins, regardless of all else.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You just said it yourself. TAX, that is the one thing that US has in common with the UK both are getting taxed. As i said before in the edited part of my reply, the government doesn't want you to steal, because they can't stand competition.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think the high taxes on fuels end up in the big oil companies profit margin anyways....
The huge tax breaks and perks that massive corruption buys the oilmen,probably amount to a large portion of our gas tax being promptly refunded right back to big oil in exemptions, tax incentives, etc.
The taxes they end up contributing are pitifully small compared to your or my tax %ages....
The lobbyists own the goverment outright, and its never been more blatant.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Oil companies are taxed more than any other industry. What the government does is tax it because somehow the government thinks that nothing should ever be wealthier than the government.

They did this with the tobacco companies, a pack of smokes costed about $2 before 9/11, now they are taxed both by Fed and State.

However Apple is officially wealthier then the US government, I happen to think they would be better at running the government also.

new topics

top topics

join