posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

He's a badass.

That's who he is.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

LOL! Thanks! Yeah, the pictures say it all. I show my avatar to friends and family and they still don't get it.

Go figure.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

What document are you talking about? Oh, you must be talking about that myth the constitution thing again, gosh, when you people gonna learn, there is no such thing as the constitution.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
DRUDGE is wondering if the Supreme Court leaked the verdict to the White House.

Judging from Obama's strange comments, I believe it was leaked. Obama is starting damage control, demonizing the Supreme Court, because no matter what Obama is responsible for, it is not his fault.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

There has not been three "distinct" branches of government in a long time.

Yes, it is a dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I really believe that there is nothing we can do, this is all an agenda, they all work for each other and for a power that even controls our president, I use to believe they were looking out for us, now I don't think they care about us what so ever. I think its all in the plans and has been planned for a very long tme, the justices will let this stupid unconstitutional ObamaCare stay put, Like one poster said...he's a little too confident.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's not a dictatorship, we are ruled by the Kings and Queens...the Supreme Court, who is answerable to no one.
The Supreme Court does not have the Constitutional power to strike down laws passed by the Congress and the President. That power resides with you and me, it's called elections. They have been over stepping their power for decades.
"...the candid citizen must confess that if the policy of the Government upon vital questions affecting the whole people is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court, the instant they are made in ordinary litigation between parties in personal actions the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned their Government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
-Lincoln

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

LOL, I love the irony don't you! America will literally break the bank to wage war but try and spend a fraction of that on fixing healthcare? Boy do we have our priorites backward!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's obvious Odumba wants to be a Dicktator! He's such an egotistical ignoramous that thinks his crap doesn't stink I can't stand to either hear his voice or look at him.

I do have to say though that thanks to him I WOKE UP out of my trance and can see the government for what it really is, and having become a FULL BLOWN REBEL now working with the forces of light above, all I can say is I'm ready to stand my ground to break down this "Prison Without Walls" we are living in.. and it IS COMING DOWN!!!

They are running scared and making desperate moves now and in doing so have made so many mistakes they are only invigorating and awakening more and more of the people.

The fear mongoring is NOT real and believe it or not we are moving into a Golden Age, so raise up your vibrations and get ready for 'REAL' Peace and Prosperity all around my friends.. It's Coming!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

0bama is now grasping at straws.
Liberal play book tactics. If you can't get the people to agree, push it through by force (ie back room deals and such).
If that doesn't work, try the lawyer way.
If that doesn't work, call names, threaten.

Alinksy style tactics, nothing more, nothing less.

De Fer is mad, and will stomp his feet even louder.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by muse7

LOL, I love the irony don't you! America will literally break the bank to wage war but try and spend a fraction of that on fixing healthcare? Boy do we have our priorites backward!

Hahahahahaha....government fixing something?

Are you serious?

Government never fixes anything. Government is the problem, not the solution.

I feel sad for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

President Obama, employing his strongest language to date on the Supreme Court review of the federal health care overhaul, cautioned the court Monday against overturning the law -- while repeatedly saying he's "confident" it will be upheld.

Good grief, his arrogance is just astounding. You put it well in the OP when you said there are (supposed to be) THREE branches of government acting as checks and balances against each other. It is not the job of any one of them to tell the other two how to execute their responsibilities.

I think we can all agree that medical costs are out of control, but socialized medicine is not the magic wonder solution to the problem.

edit on 3-4-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
SOURCE

President Obama, employing his strongest language to date on the Supreme Court review of the federal health care overhaul, cautioned the court Monday against overturning the law -- while repeatedly saying he's "confident" it will be upheld.
The president spoke at length about the case at a joint press conference with the leaders of Mexico and Canada. The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.

Really? Who does this guy think he is? He does not hold sway over the Supreme Court. He does not hold sway over Congress. Last I checked there were THREE distinct branches of government, and he is only ONE of them. Sorry, did I learn this wrong in school?

He is sounding more and more like a DICTATOR.

Yes, he can!

He is most certainly heading off in that direction - the dictatorial one - and has been for some time. If there is a single gonad to be found on the entire Supreme Court, they will now strike down the entire thing in general principle at his unabashed challenge of their balancing authority.

In other words, they'll zap it just to show him he ain't the boss o' them.

If they don't, he can try his "warnings" on folks like me - and I think there may be a lot more of me than he realizes. We won't buckle or back down, and we're not about to spend our money just because he says so.

Oh, and this bit:

The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.

"Conservative" my ass! They can do it just the same way as that congress of which he speaks ignored the will of the electorate in the matter and passed what they damn well wanted to. "Elected" or "unelected", it makes no damned difference at all if you're ignoring the very people who elected you. Of what value is being "elected" over being "unelected" if the election part doesn't sway you to work on behalf of the people who put you there? In this case, the "unelected" may be looking out for the interests of the electorate better than the "elected" did.

edit on 2012/4/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

SOURCE

The president spoke at length about the case at a joint press conference with the leaders of Mexico and Canada. The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.

Really? Who does this guy think he is? He does not hold sway over the Supreme Court. He does not hold sway over Congress. Last I checked there were THREE distinct branches of government, and he is only ONE of them. Sorry, did I learn this wrong in school?

He is sounding more and more like a DICTATOR.

Rather than use Fox "News" as your source, why not just use the President's own words?

"Ultimately I am confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress, and I just remind conservative commentators that for years what we have heard is that the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint; that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law."

The only thing the President is warning the court about is that the electorate may act in exactly the manner the strongly GOP partisans on the bench do not want, ie more votes for Democrats because people are disgusted by the hypocrisy and partisanship of GOP appointed supremes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

You took the word right from my keyboard
obama fired a warning shot for everyone to see. The only way I see this getting approved by the Supreme Court is if there are some serious threatening going on behind the scenes. If his law gets struck down he will be Po'd beyond belief and I fully expect one of the justices the suffer a "heart attack".
We're deffinately in interesting times.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by memnoch25
The Supreme Court does not have the Constitutional power to strike down laws passed by the Congress and the President. That power resides with you and me, it's called elections. They have been over stepping their power for decades.

Actually, they do have that power. All three branches have equal power. They were created that way for the reasons the Affordable Care Act is in review now: so that one branch doesn't gain complete control over the citizenry. Each branch can check the power of the other two at any time.

It is the President and Congress that have to be reigned in here, not to mention 4 activist justices.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by muse7

Maybe if Obamacare had anything to do with actually fixing anything other than the empty pockets of insurance providers it would be more palatable.

As it stands, Obama and his cronies are only making rich get richer. Big pharma will be swimming in cash, and multinational corporations that decide who lives and dies will see their profits skyrocket.

Hope it's what you wanted.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

tHIS IS YOUR OPINION AFTER LYBIA et al..... now he is great cause we have not went into Iran yet????
Really??? He went to Lybia with absolutly no authorization and assasinated a leader of another country....He is not a president of peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Actually, they do have that power. All three branches have equal power. They were created that way for the reasons the Affordable Care Act is in review now: so that one branch doesn't gain complete control over the citizenry. Each branch can check the power of the other two at any time.

Actually, they don't. Please show me, in the constitution, where it states that. If a piece of legislation makes it through the House and the Senate, then signed by the President and is unconstitutional, it is up the the People to elect a Congress to introduce new legislation.
Also, the Supreme Court, the third among equals, is actually subordinate to the regulations placed upon it by Congress.
(Article 3, section 2)
The situation we are in now is exactly what the authors of the Constitution feared. Read the Federalist Papers or Jefferson's notes on the Convention.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

It's been a dictatorship ever since King George II (Bush) took office.

Are you just now realizing all the powers that the Executive Branch is trying to grab up?

It's like hungry hungry hippos with American freedoms this past decade...

They are just nom-nom-nomming away on that great document we hold so dear...

I realize that, but W didn't have the audacity to brag about it.

I actually hope this kind of behavior from O will wake people up. But it probably won't. Baa.

Really? I thought His Royal Hillbilliness pretty clearly declared himself "The Decider". That's how I remember it all going down, anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Obama Apologist...I just don't think we should make excuses for Boy George either. They are BOTH Constitution-shredding tyrants. The only reason Obama is more bold is simply because the Bush Administration paved the way for him with the War on Terror, Gitmo, The Patriot Act, etc. Without all those wild post 9-11 power grabs it would be categorically IMPOSSIBLE to even BEGIN to truly entertain things like the NDAA, SOPA/PIPA, the NDRP, and yes...mandatory health insurance.

As of right now, the only hope we have is Ron Paul....and I say that as a guy who has NEVER voted for a Republican in my entire lifetime previously.

The thing that blows me away is how all of this national outrage gets channeled into this healthcare issue while everybody just turns a blind eye to the complete and utter subversion of the entire Bill of Rights in the other pieces of legislation.

WHY IN THE HELL ISN'T THE SUPREME COURT DEBATING THE VALIDITY OF THESE ISSUES INSTEAD OF THE LOUSY $80/MONTH HEALTH INSURANCE? Granted...one isn't any more legal, lawful, or Constitutional than the other...BUT CHRIST ALMIGHTY...LET'S PRIORITIZE.

Is it more important to fight yet another form of taxation...or is it more important to fight the legislation which LITERALLY makes it possible for people in your own town to be removed and imprisoned in concentration camps without charges, trials, legal representation, or even a damn phone call? Just yesterday the Supreme Court OK'd strip searching and anal probing for even "minor offenders". The case in question was a guy who was locked up for two weeks and subjected to this treatment twice for unpaid parking tickets. Just exactly what [idid the cops hope to find hidden up this guy's ass anyways...parking validation?

One of these things is worse than the other, right?

What the hell is wrong with us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join