It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband was "forced to resign" today from an NRA call center for being an atheist.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would have signed the paper as "Signed under threats and duress......."

They I would have stood up and left. If someone had tried to restrain me, I would have gotten physical.

Then I would have headed straight to a lawyers office.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Hate guns, don't like people who carry them. They are either living in fear, or spreading it...both are equally unattractive to me...

I also hate guns.

No, I don't carry it around with me, it is locked up and hidden away but accessible if one night someone breaks into our home and threatens us.

My first option is dialing 911, that would always be my first option.

But, I have been the victim of rape and physical abuse and I will not tolerate either me or my family ever being manhandled again, ever.

I do not watch violent films, do not like violent video games am against war and blood shed in general.

But, again, if someone has the gull to break down our front door and bust into our home, threatening us - that is where I draw the line.

If I had to actually use my gun, even if the jerk deserved it, I would be traumatized.

But, I've had a 45 held to my face twice, raped once and abused physically.

I am not a bully going out looking for a fight. I basically very rarely go out, however I refuse to be anyone's victim ever again.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Alternatively, I might have called 911 and told them where I was located and said that I was being heldH against my will.

He was not in a position to keep his job so he might as well have had some fun.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Have pity on them.

They are all already dead. The only thing keeping them alive is ignorant faith. Like every sandcastle on the shore during low tide.... it will be washed away.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
These responses show the typical braindead programmed response - it was your husbands fault, he should have kept his mouth shut, its at will employment he can be fired for anything, you are lying, employers would never do this, etc.

Employers do this and worse every day. Then they try to do shady things, like try to cover their own asses. You know how I know that this story is real? Because of the resignation papers. Thats what any company does in a situation like this, it limits their exposure, which is just smart, if somewhat shady, business. However since employERS have no problem using these tactics, no employEE should ever feel ashamed for suing and asserting their rights, especially in this day and age when companies definitely know better, and still do it on purpose, willfully breaking state and federal law because they dont like someone. Crazy but true.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Well dump his butt and get a man with a real job unless you like your life, but what do I know. It's not about the NRA it's about working in a call center. Is he working his way through high school. One of you can do better. the best rise to the top. I really don't maen to be rude our company has several hundread people that work in their call center but it's not a career it's extra income when your bored.

Yes I'm a NRA lifer but come on call centers are not carrer paths unless well you have other talents????

edit on 2-4-2012 by mikellmikell because: JUST CRAZY JUST CRAZY

lol maybe at your call center,

im a dialer analyst, i used to collect at an entery level job. i have a career here now.
We have collectors who make close to a 100,000 a year here at our call center.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Atheism is just silly.

That is your opinion - but please do not call anyone that subscribes to a different belief or their belief silly.

That is exactly what I am talking about.

I do not like the I am right, I know it all, I have the answers and you, if you do not believe as I do are "silly".

For all you know, and from my research and knowing a world famous archeologist (who was also a ex priest) - we could have and probably were created and spilled out of a gene splicer.

Our friend, said, and he actually got to see some of the dead sea scrolls, were mistranslated..............many books are also (cough cough)
missing and or removed from "The Holy Bible".

XXXX said, one example was in every single place the word God or Lord was mentioned - one letter, just one letter was removed....................the s.

Gods / Lords.

One simple letter removed or not translated makes for a entire whole new meaning.

Now with books removed, missing, and you can bet there are things down in the Vatican Vault we cannot even imagine - that are hidden away for a reason.

To keep humanity humble, in his/her place.

Sorry, the big white haired man in the clouds, probably doesn't exist.

Again, you have your core beliefs, they will never change because you were indoctrinated from cradle to grave.

If your beliefs give you comfort and make you behave - good.

But again, please do not call anyone that believes differently than you silly.

I am so tired of religious people (both Christians and Muslims) trying to shove their religion down everyone else's throat.

My own belief is Homosapiens were created by possibly another higher technologically developed group of beings and we, each of us is a rain drop and "God" is the ocean.

I have read "The Bible" from Genesis

The Book of Genesis (from the Latin Vulgate, in turn borrowed or transliterated from Greek γένεσις, meaning "origin"; Hebrew: בְּרֵאשִׁית‎, Bereʾšyt, "In [the] beginning"), is the first book of the Hebrew Bible (the Tanakh) and the Christian Old Testament.[1]

to the book of Revelation six times.

Also, the Gnostic Bible and the Book of Enoch, each three times.

A really good book I highly suggest if you wish to really broaden your horizons is The Gnostic Bible, edited by Willis Barnstone & Marvin Meyer (834 pages). Published by Shambhala Boston & London 2003.

Humanity has been controlled and manipulated, we have been fooled BIG TIME. We have the potential within us all to greatness.

The Gnostic Bible mentioned above was really a very enlightening read for me, really a mind blowing read.

Know what is in front of your face and what is hidden from you will be disclosed - Gospel of Thomas 5

With each king, queen or victor the history, including our religious history gets rewritten, books added or removed, vital information hidden from us.

And this has been going on for a very long time.

Did you know that according to some African legends, at one time there was no moon - it one day, suddenly appeared????

How do any of us reading this really know what the heck really really happened?

Faith..............that is not denying ignorance.

The average person watches way to much TV, plays their violent video games, drinks, yacks on their cells and is plugged into their ipods and DOES NOT READ OR RESEARCH.

Anyone being forced to resign and I've watched how management does this, it's a "you resign and we play nice with you or you don't resign and we will make your life such a living hell and eventually get you on some mistake because you are only human and all humans do not come "error free" we will then be able to legally fire your dumb hiney and you will then have a really bad mark on your record/resume." Companies have teams of some of the best lawyers and when one sues (good luck) you will need money and prepare to wait and wait and wait and wait..............companies rule the globe, not Presidents, not Prime Ministers - companies and banks and a very select, elite few families that are all interconnected since the beginning of human history.

Big choice and again, if you are a atheist, do not, I repeat, do not antagonize the Christians because I have found them to be almost as intolerant as the Muslims.

This is why it is so very important that we never ever never never mix Church / Religion with State / Government.

Ever.

How about when Henry the VIII changed England over to Protestant because he desperately wanted to bed Anne Boleyn, the Catholics got their heads lobbed off, hung or burned alive. - and all because one simple man wanted to have intimate relations with a woman, in other words, a very dramatic change in English History because a King wanted to ____ a woman that was determined (and smartly manipulative) that require he put the wedding ring on her finger before any nookie could commence.

When Bloody Mary, Henry VIII's first daughter turned England back over to Catholic again, the Protestants got their heads lobbed off, hung or burned alive.

And all Pagans and Earth Religions have, for the most part always been fair game for both the Christians and Muslims to torture and kill - ask the American Indians and Africans that refused to "convert".

Now in any Islamic Country if you do not adhere to Muslim Laws, you run a real risk of meeting a very unpleasant and premature death.

In Africa (and even in many homeless shelters) the deal is no prayer / sermon / God worship - no meal.

Most people here in America of African and American Indian descent have no idea of their true heritage, their Earth Religion which is basically truly spiritual in nature. Most have embraced the Christian religion of the European White Man that either enslaved them or almost wiped them out.

Hundreds of millions of people throughout Human History have been tortured and murdered all in the many names of "God"....................and we never seem to learn.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?” ~ Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)

edit on 5-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
INFOPRISON IN CKB, WV

ring a bell?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I wasn't having a swipe, don't worry, I think you may have misread or misunderstood.

In the post of yours I was replying too, you mentioned how you felt like keeping your beliefs to yourself and keeping your head down is how to deal with it.

I am merely puzzled that in a modern, democratic society which was founded on the very principles of individual freedom that your religion (or lack of) could cause you such a problem.

I honestly thought that episodes of American Dad where Stan goes mental because his mate is an Atheist (or Brian in Family Guy) were just jokes, but from what people are saying here there are parts of America where being an atheist (or any non Christian) is literally dangerous to your health. I find this totally astonishing. In the UK, your religion would never come up, it is your own personal choice and what you believe is up to you. You certainly won't get chased out of town for it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think this is the practice of the NRA everywhere, just an aberration. Still, I'd sue.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join