It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband was "forced to resign" today from an NRA call center for being an atheist.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
The reason being blue, is that the constitution was built upon un-alienable rights by god, and the NRA does not want atheist in it's masses,

Can you show me where the Constitution says this??

or the constitution would read, "under governement we trust." fine line that the founding fathers came up with.

Now you're just making things up, aren't you?
"In God We Trust" wasn't adopted until 1956. The founding fathers said no such thing. Why are you manipulating history?

But was only a matter of time that god would be stripped out, and government inserted.

Thus, your husbands delimia

I think the dilemma lies more in freedom of speech and religion
You can not alienate someone for their beliefs. Although I know a lot of religious folk love doing so. Funny isn't it?

edit on 4-3-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Obviously, he should have carried his gun with him into the meeting.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
they must not take kindly to your type.......

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Watch out for old ladies guarding the door....
I hate corporate mentality. To deal with a "boss" or have to be "managed" by someone else is not my cup of tea. I would not have signed anything nor would I have let them detain me. They did you a favor by letting him go. Put the effort into finding a career that your mate will enjoy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

What does a Job have anything to do with a relationship? whether you work at mcdonalds or a high executive position, you're still going to be someones bitch. unless you're your own boss. So don't tell people to leave someone else because of a #ing job. That's so ignorent.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

jesus said, "if some one should strike you on the cheek, turn your head and offer him the other." jesus was a man of peace and non violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Jesus also upturned the tables and took a stick to force the money changers out of the temple yelling at them and chasing them directly out. Not exactly non violent.

He also later told the disciples that before he had sent them out without a sword, but now if they didn't have one to sell their cloak and buy a sword.

I will provide the scriptual referneces later, as I am in a hurry. Just showing he wasn't entirely turn the other cheek. You have to look at context of the conversation and audiance, along with original language.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Later in the day, while they were on break, the old woman asked everyone to say what they did for Easter, and they all when around the room and told their stories. When it came to my husbands turn, he simply said "I didn't really do anything."

I'm confused. Isn't Easter on the 8th of this month? Did they change the date for Easter this year?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This may have been said already, but won't hurt to be repeated.
Any Document that was signed under Duress is invalid.
So don't worry about the fact that he signed.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is a made up deal to make the NRA look bad,Easter hasn't happened yet...After Zimmerman there is an all out attack on the NRA...I call BS on his one

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Later in the day, while they were on break, the old woman asked everyone to say what they did for Easter, and they all when around the room and told their stories. When it came to my husbands turn, he simply said "I didn't really do anything." and the old woman walked up to him, put her face in his face and said "Now, why is that?". My husband replied and said "Well, I am non-religious, and I don't really celebrate religious holidays." The old woman's face turned very red and she stormed out of the room.

Actually, here is where it breaks down rather than 'getting interesting'.

Easter is still five days away (here in the good ol' USA, home of the NRA)

Either you have messed up the tenses (what 'did' you do instead of what 'will' you do), or you are inventing this.
Sorry for your predicament....
I understand it on several levels, but....can you clarify the above please?
(Sorry if redundant....I didn't get past the OP without noticing it)....

ETA: Okay, I see it has been mentioned.

Anyway, I get your frustration. I was offered a counseling job at the Salvation Army...then I looked at the requirements and hierarchy, and said, "No, thanks."

edit on 3-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Did he get a copy of the resignation letter that he signed? I mean, if he finally relented and signed it, did he think to have them give him a copy? I'd like to read exactly what it says before forming an opinion.

So, the NRA leads people in prayer over the phone? Didn't realize they did that, kind of interesting. Has anyone on this board ever been led in prayer by an NRA caller?

So, your husband is held captive by an old woman and her boss...

I would really like to see what he signed...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

Did he get a copy of the resignation letter that he signed? I mean, if he finally relented and signed it, did he think to have them give him a copy? I'd like to read exactly what it says before forming an opinion.

So, the NRA leads people in prayer over the phone? Didn't realize they did that, kind of interesting. Has anyone on this board ever been led in prayer by an NRA caller?

So, your husband is held captive by an old woman and her boss...

I would really like to see what he signed...
I have been a Life Member since 1973 and have never even been asked by them to pray much less participated in nor do I know of any other member who has ... More BS

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think he lied to you...hope he finds suitable employment soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What a rip-off to extort employees of a call center into becoming members in order to work there. So they get hired, join the NRA, and get fired pretty quickly, the job being a high-turnover call center. After they leave, still members. That is an easy way to get members, but it doesn't appear ethical to me.

If it is in the employment contract somewhere, to be a member to have the job, those are the terms. I can't imagine hawking ideas to others through the phone if you don't believe in what you are selling; but for a faceless, nameless, mostly anonymous sales job, what is the big impact, unless your atheist spouse is derailing the company with corporate espionage on the inside or on the outside with, oh, I don't know, telling forums about maltreatment from NRA employees, or something.

Maybe he was compelled to leave for conflict of interest. He doesn't really agree with the NRA's values. I have a hard time believing that it was all because of someone else's bigotry against atheists, unless your husband won't address Mister Saint Claire, and will only say Mister Claire, for example. How religion could enter the scene of a workplace like that so quickly, enough to cause him to leave, it would not make sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

What an experience to have. It's a shame no one here is in a position to sue over it.This woman needs to be the cause of a losing suit...and she'll be the one forced to sign the paper and leave unhappy.

As it is..I'd just say I used to be an NRA member years ago. After some of their behavior in the Chicago and D.C. gun rights cases, I shredded my card and won't entertain calls or anything else from them. They've become heavy handed, power driven and using the 2nd amendment issue as a business tool not a passionate thing to fight for. They made a direct enemy of your Husband and never had to. That never should have happened. Hopefully they'll dump the political hacks running that organization and return to what they used to be. It would be nice.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Maybe a change in title is in order for this organization. NRA --> NO RIFLES ASSOCIATION. It would better suit their said agenda.

Hate guns, don't like people who carry them. They are either living in fear, or spreading it...both are equally unattractive to me...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I don't believe it was religious prejudice, but rather a sociopolitical and/or philosophical issue. If your husband was truly an atheist, then he does not believe in the true philosophical roots of natural rights, which means he is bad for any organization which believes in truth rather than lies.

I wish you the best and believe you and your husband have every right to believe what you want to believe, but he obviously does not believe in natural rights, because if they do not come from God, then where do they come from? Nature? Man is part of nature! So society or government has a right to take them or make them - period, in the deepest recesses of your husband's mind (he don't even have a soul in his opinion - and may even believe his beliefs can be chemically changed). This not only makes him a true non-believer in natural rights (as was originally understood), but extremely vulnerable to manipulation and control. He may disagree, and you may too, but I'd urge you both to really think about it if you do. I mean, who or what is your "objective" outside measure? Would you really try to say "nature" is against clubbing a woman over the head and making her your mate against her will? Such a process essentially is nature. If so, then what is this idea of womens' rights, and if not then how can you support those rights, if nature and not God, is your only measure? Is it a societal agreement? If so, then what if the majority opinion changes? Would you then then not have rights because your husband said so? How are they natural then? By what measure would you say he was not doing what nature intended if he did them?

I don't believe one can be an atheist and believe in natural rights. I don't believe anyone who claims such knows what they are talking about. I don't believe they've really thought it through, or at least they do not understand on what premises society stands.

What measure does an atheist use for natural rights? That is, rights which are not granted by society? Would you tell me that nature alone gives you the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? I'd bet 95% disagree with you and the world shows that to be bogus.

The fact is, in my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, if you do not believe in God then you believe "rights" and "laws" (aside from gravity and physical laws) come from man, which means man can change them and take them away. That means you do not believe in natural rights, but man-given rights.

In my opinion, your husband has no place in an organization which believes in natural rights and which understands the history of philosophical thought.

Nothing against you, your's, or your or their beliefs - it just is what it is. Hate me for it or think me whatever, but if you truly think about it you will see where I am coming from and probably where they were coming from too. It is a huge philosophical division in viewpoints. Maybe the two of you just don't see it?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NonC0nf0rmist

"Liberalism is a disease"...

Came up with slogan all by yourself?

Rush, is that you?

Goodness gracious!

LMFAO

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

?

Don't understand your reply.

I am not religious.

Spiritual but not religious.

While I do now own a registered gun again I hope never to have to use it.

The only time would be in the act of self defense.

I am 59, and very small size.

My husband is 67.

If someone breaks into my home and threatens my family or I - we will be the last family this person threatens.

You need a blanket, some clothes, a warm meal, even a place to crash for the night and a shower - I gladly would share but never threaten me or my family.

The Middle East you mentioned.

We don't belong over there.

911 was a false flag operation designed to manipulate the American People into yet another war.

And war is nothing but terrorism on a bigger budget.

Basically again, I am a nice, get along, live and let live type of person.

But, I draw the line when my family is threatened.

And no I will not surrender my gun, in fact - now that I think of it, I can't remember where I put the darn thing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join