It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Supposed Nibiru Sighting...From Kentucky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been posted. I searched but I did not see anything. I was skimming through my FB and happened to stumble upon this article so I thought I would pass it along. Anxious to hear the usual lens flare and sun dog comments
For the record, I am not a believer, and I think its been shopped.

Link

Melissa Deaton's first photograph of "two suns" in Kentucky first appeared (photo no.30) on coasttocoastam.com this April 2011. The picture came with the blurb: "On Sunday, April 3, 2011, I was taking pictures of the sunrise from my home in Kentucky, and kept getting a weird reflection that looked like two suns. I saw it with and without the camera, so I moved to different positions to reduce the glare or whatever was causing this effect. I am sure it was an optical illusion of some kind, but interesting nonetheless. I also couldn't help but notice that it looked more like a sunset than a sunrise. The sky just doesn't seem natural anymore."

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, it would appear that these photos were taken last year, but I have no idea if they are just now being made public or whatever. If it's already been posted before, sorry in advance!

This has to be a shop job. Look at the first pic as the sun is in front of a few branches.
edit on 2-4-2012 by edgecrusher2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
anyway... i think its an optical illusion of some sort... if there were 2 suns (that big) we would be burning up down here...

however.,.. GREAT find.. and thank you for sharing...

edit on 2-4-2012 by OilTycoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
All I can say is ask yourself,did you see two suns today?
Or at any other time?

They state that it was seen with and without the camera.

If there were two suns,I don't think the earth would be here right now.
Simply because we orbit "our" sun and if there was another one,it might simply swallow the earth as it would run into it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
All I can say is ask yourself,did you see two suns today?
Or at any other time?

They state that it was seen with and without the camera.

If there were two suns,I don't think the earth would be here right now.
Simply because we orbit "our" sun and if there was another one,it might simply swallow the earth as it would run into it.

yes and no
in our solar system a sudden addition of a star would kill us all but there are some that have 2 and even 3 suns with planets orbiting them in a "livable way"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
From claims, it's been vouched for as not 'shopped.

Something not mentioned, however, was whether this shot was taken from behind glass, through a window.

Such could easily create this illusion.

It was mentioned that this could be seen with and without the camera, which would also support that the images were seen and shot through glass/a window which caused the effect.

me = photographer.

this = illusion/effect caused by intermediary medium; ie - a window.

That's my guess anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

So this person was taking pictures of the sunrise and was getting "reflections" that resembled two suns.

Did this person happen to say if they saw two suns before they started taking pictures?

My intuition tells me no, but who am I to say.

ETA: Apparently can't read to well, as they said they did see it before taking pictures...apparently.

Still, seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

Some pictures to analyze would be helpful

edit on 2-4-2012 by Flowmaster05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

um, you could follow the link? Pictures are there.
Also, you could read other members comments for their analysis?

Reading is good. Please pay attention.
You're new though, so, no worries. Live and learn

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's just the effect of the bright sun on the camera lens, here is two photos I took recently, one of the moon, and one of the sun, granted the sun one isn't as noticeable, but it was setting, and not as bright. Both pics were taken outside with a DSLR camera.

edit on 2/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

As you have stated,a sudden addition of a star to our system would be the endgame for us all.

yes and no in our solar system a sudden addition of a star would kill us all but there are some that have 2 and even 3 suns with planets orbiting them in a "livable way"

Just and atmospheric,camera effect.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My advice is to steer clear of that ning poleshift site and the people who run it.

Not just any member can post there, the site is heavily moderated and only about 5% of the uploaded videos are approved. Those people are a bit "off", and I wouldn't trust anything from them.

They also delete and ban anyone who debunks something approved to be posted.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

Sorry,forgot my manners.

Here is the picture in question.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I will be so glad when 2013 rolls along so this crap goes away...

I LIVE in Ky and have seen the sun every day of my life, except for my time in the military when I was out of the country. I have never seen two suns in the beautiful Bluegrass skies. If it happened, it would be all over the MSM. Where is the horse sense at anymore? Has everyone lost it???

For those that dont know what horse sense is, its southern talk for common sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The photos show the Sun through clouds. The line of sight to the Sun is obscured by varying degrees across the disc of the Sun. Part of the Sun's disc is seen behind haze and the bright zone is a small part of the disc seen relatively unobscured.

Another way to do this is to photograph through a multipaned window.
www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
id like to see real actual information , lets not forget we all see the sun and i dont think any person has seen this .....please come on. This is a serious topic lets not make fun of it

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
In the OP's original link, this is a trick of optics. Notice the line of transition in the picture. the angle at the bottom edge of the 'bright' sun. The same angle can be seen in the second less-bright sun, without the bright glare. Same goes for all the pictures in OP's link. The angle's that the sun disappears behind the barn, mountain, and cloud is identical to the line that the second sun disappears on. Angle, angles, and percentage of the sun showing as it moves behind an object are identical. It's a trick of the optics.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hahaha777

The photos show an atmospheric event. It was a local event. It may not even have been observed by people down the street.

The following is an awesome place to poke around and see the sorts of things that appear in the sky.
www.atoptics.co.uk...

Also check out the cloud appreciation society for info on the beauty of the sky.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Good lord.... Like the previous posters has pointed out, if there were two sun we would burn up or be swallowed up..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha777
id like to see real actual information , lets not forget we all see the sun and i dont think any person has seen this .....please come on. This is a serious topic lets not make fun of it

Ok,I'm on board.
How do you explain it then?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Can I offer assistance in conveying your frustration?

No,I can't do it,I decide it was best not to in the interests of the community.

Carry on ...........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join