It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the economy is so friggin bad....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Then how it is all the steakhouses and seafood and fish Places,not to mention Mickey D's are packed everyday?My area isn't really as depressed as some,a semi rural agri district,but we have lots of offshore oil industry peoPle sitting around,and everyone is paying 3.98 agalfor gas so everyone is hurting....O wOrk as well as my wife and if we as a family of four eat out once a month it's a real occasion...so is everyone living on maxxed out credit?Or 2nd and 3rd mortgages waiting for the collapse?
Anyone?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Then how it is all the steakhouses and seafood and fish Places,not to mention Mickey D's are packed everyday?My area isn't really as depressed as some,a semi rural agri district,but we have lots of offshore oil industry peoPle sitting around,and everyone is paying 3.98 agalfor gas so everyone is hurting....O wOrk as well as my wife and if we as a family of four eat out once a month it's a real occasion...so is everyone living on maxxed out credit?Or 2nd and 3rd mortgages waiting for the collapse?
Anyone?

Cheeseburger. $1
Salad. $7 dollars.

Now guess why McDonalds is always packed =P.

As for the other places.. people eat out. Some people go out once a week, once a month. I do it with my girlfriend, we go out to eat every other week. Like a date. =P

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
We have masses of lower class wage earners living middle class lifestyles through credit. The elite let us continue to do this because as long as we accept it, it means they are in control. We are all slaves to credit.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

It is now cheaper to eat off of the dollar menu than to go to the grocery store. A friggin family pack of hamburger will cost you your left arm. The loaf of bread to put the burger on is a half of a gallon of gas. Milk is $3.00 a gallon and so on.

Not to mention people are doing without other things just to take the family out once in a while. Trust me I know.

Some people work and do not have time to cook.

If you have not noticed, we also have over 300 milion people here in the US. That is alot of people.

Why are you jealous of others? seriously, maybe it is time to hit up the federal government for some FASFA money to help you get through two years of college.(that is if you haven't already) just a suggestion. I did it. I am still broke, but I am doing better than I was.
edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: other

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It more to do to get a certain people re-elective. That why they say that the economy is bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
It more to do to get a certain people re-elective. That why they say that the economy is bad.

Can you give me an example of how the economy is doing "real well"?

I would like to know, because I would like to BBQ but charcoal is outragous.

STAR and flags, OP your thread is kind of a rant outlet for me at the moment. I will get over it when I go to bed and get up and do the "routine" all over again.
edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You can feed a family pretty well off of ten bucks at McDonald's. It's a bit harder to do that when you go to the grocery store.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Credit cards. Most people are trapped in a credit nightmare but lack the discipline to stop using them and stop going out so much.

There is nothing as wasteful as using a credit card at 19% interest and buying a meal with it.

If people are eating at Mickey D's they are wasting their money. Yeah they have a dollar menu but that stuff is tiny and it would still take $5 or more to fill up an average person. Plus the nutritional value is near zero.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

It's not that hard, actually. I just made a delicious casserole that is cooking in the oven as we speak. It will feed a family of 6, plus a side veggie, for around $11. Took me around 20 minutes to make, another 30 to bake.

However, you have to know how to cook first.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Coming from a very poor household I have to say It is much, much cheaper to buy food from the grocery store than eating out. Dollar menu or no dollar menu.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Some misunderstand my post...I am not angry or jealous...I own my home and land,both vehicles while not new or luxury,are also paid for...bit it costs to live and even with no mortgage or car note,to provide,pay the utilities and insurances,get to work and save some takes the pile...so when I hear "this sux" and "that sux" and I drive past an above scale chain steakhouse on a Monday night (and pretty much all week)and the lot is full,likewise the fish fry down the street I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?Thanks for the inputs...interesting outlooks
edit on 2-4-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Space and time

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
Coming from a very poor household I have to say It is much, much cheaper to buy food from the grocery store than eating out. Dollar menu or no dollar menu.

i totally disagree...unless you are living off of ramen.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
We have masses of lower class wage earners living middle class lifestyles through credit. The elite let us continue to do this because as long as we accept it, it means they are in control. We are all slaves to credit.

Uhhhh....No, WE are not! Not everyone lives a lifestyle above their means. Many of us make responsible decisions, going and doing without to maintain our control and sense of peace.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

Bottom line: not "everyone" is hurting. The people that are, probably aren't the ones you see in the restaurants. There are many retired people living comfortably. As well, many middle income families are not hurting. I remember doing insurance adjusting several years ago and many middle aged people had their homes either paid off or were working very hard at achieving it. For years, Dave Ramsey has done a lot to help people recognize that they alone are responsible for their financial well being and to take steps to ensure a stable financial environment for them and their families. Too many people claim victim when in reality, they have made years of bad spending choices and when TSHTF, they're like, ohhh nooooo, the government's bad, the rich are bad, the have's are bad, poor poor me. Everyone else must help me out because I am a have not.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It is cheaper eating and cleaner eating to prepare your own food. Chronic mcdonalds = chronic medical care. Funny how the healthy people always have increasing health care costs and the self induced fatties manage to get help from uncle sam.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was waiting to see if anyone mentioned Mr Ramsay,,.kudos....he's my mentor as far as being debt free...but to clarify my location isn't very populous so there aren't lots of people to account for the places being full...the largest city serves 3 counties as far as chain food goes and it's quite a distance for the outliers,,,,with gas bumping 4 I just don't see those rural fam's coming in on Monday night...At 6 PM talking a 100cars in each of two parking lots in a city of 17000....It's odd enough that I needed to ask,given all the talk of doom and failure and forfeitures

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I was waiting to see if anyone mentioned Mr Ramsay,,.kudos....he's my mentor as far as being debt free...but to clarify my location isn't very populous do there aren't lots of people to account for the places being full...the largest city serves 3 counties as far as chain food goes and it's quite a distance for the outliers,,,,with gas bumping 4 I just don't see those rural fam's coming in on Monday night...At 6 PM talking a 100cars in each of two parking lots in a city of 17000....It's odd enough that I needed to ask,given all the talk of doom and failure and forfeitures

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Too bad people want to blame something/someone else!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's basically an inability to cook,an unwillingness to even want to cook, plenty of credit and laziness.If I want to entertain,we throw some meat on the grill,steam some veggies,bake some garlic bread and some spuds and everyone is well fed and my dogs have leftovers for days....more people should try it sometime...
edit on 4/3/2012 by Homedawg because: Stupid dimocrats made me do it

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
It's basically an inability to cook,an unwillingness to even want to cook, plenty of credit and laziness.If I want to entertain,we throw some meat on the grill,steam some veggies,bake some garlic bread and some spuds and everyone is well fed and my dogs have leftovers for days....more people should try it sometime...
edit on 4/3/2012 by Homedawg because: Stupid dimocrats made me do it
Hey Dawg,cook me a steak sometime..show how it's done

top topics

<<   2 >>

join