It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever sensed when someone was coming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ok sometimes i can sense when someone is coming and this has happened my whole life as far as i remember. But when someone is coming the muscles behind my ears tense up and there is ringing in my ears; it is sort of like when a dog hears something and his ears perk up except with me i am not controlling it. Does this happen to anyone else? Also to the ones that this does happen to, can you wiggle your ears? This sounds stupid i know but im just wondering because i am the only one in my entire family that can wiggle their ears and i am wondering if these feelings that i have always gotten has sort of trained my ear wiggling muscles to make me able to wiggle my ears.
edit on 2-4-2012 by eyesontheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Every single day, but I am an empath. I feel people's energy all the time. Sometimes I can hear it too.

I ALWAYS know when someone enters a room.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Somewhat... there was a time when I would think.. "Man I wonder what Danny has been up to, haven't hung out with him for a while..." then a few minutes/hours later I would get a call from Danny asking if I want to go to a bar or something. This happened quite often with many different friends. Not so much anymore because I moved states and don't see them anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

Seriously? No one has made a joke about the thread title yet?...and not just the thread title...the whole post.

Yes, it's almost like sound changes when someone is getting closer, I can only "sense" it when I am still though. I think that you are paying attention to the sounds and how they bounce off the surrounding area and when someone comes near you, they disturb the sound pattern, and you can hear the difference. Yes, I can wiggle my ears.
edit on 2-4-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Somewhat... there was a time when I would think.. "Man I wonder what Danny has been up to, haven't hung out with him for a while..." then a few minutes/hours later I would get a call from Danny asking if I want to go to a bar or something. This happened quite often with many different friends. Not so much anymore because I moved states and don't see them anymore.

lol yeah that happens to me too and sometimes i will be humming a song on my way to my car and when i turn on the car the same song that i was humming is on the radio.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Seriously? No one has made a joke about the thread title yet?...and not just the thread title...the whole post.

Yes, it's almost like sound changes when someone is getting closer, I can only "sense" it when I am still though. I think that you are paying attention to the sounds and how they bounce off the surrounding area and when someone comes near you, they disturb the sound pattern, and you can hear the difference. Yes, I can wiggle my ears.
edit on 2-4-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

HAHA! i dont know if you are thinking what im thinking but wow just realized what a hilariously horrible job i did on the title. lmao

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Seriously? No one has made a joke about the thread title yet?...

heh thats open to interpretation/ alt meanings

lol:

Likewise has anyone sensed when someone was going/leaving?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In Korea a Viet Nam vet taught me how to "turn off my vibes"You realize your ID and "suck" it in and don't think about intent.think only neutrally as possible. people will walk right by you. if you maintain peripheral contact only.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There's a lot of times I've had the sense that someone would be at the door soon. It usually starts with a letter from the court.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It helps, it hinders and it heals.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observ321

It helps, it hinders and it heals.

all of the above.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

This happens to me all the time. Strange isn't it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Yes I can wiggle my ears

And yes I can sense 'presences' whether human or otherwise.

Sensing the human is easy though, can you sense the non human, invisible ones?

Also, explain to me why wiggling the ears has anything to do with it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Lol i was just wondering because when i sense something the muscles that i use to wiggle my ears tense up and apparently people who cant wiggle their ears cant because they cant control those muscles. Anyway i have always been able to wiggle my ears and i have always been able to sense presences (and yes i think i can sense nonhuman) so im just wondering if this tensing of my ear muscles when there is a presence actually is the reason that i am able to wiggle my ears because i have always known where the muscles were and what it felt like to use them. AND i am the only person in my entire family that can wiggle their ears and i am also the only one that gets this feeling when there is a presence. Sorry its sort of difficult to explain.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
On occasion I have a clue as to who is at the door. Here is an example.

When I lived in an apartment complex with a gate, I could sense when the pizza guy was stuck at the gate far away from my door, out of visual and audible range. This cue, however subtle (maybe I sensed an out-of-place car engine 100 yards away through a wall)(maybe telepathically I got signals from another apartment resident noticing a car with a pizza sign)(maybe telepathically the pizza guy is looking for the door with my number on it, and I knew it), is enough to get my dog into another room before the knock on the door which will then alert the dog. See, the dog doesn't know, but I do. I have pizza mental radar, and it works at houses, apartments, and hotel rooms.

I have mailbox mental radar too. A few days ago, I bought stuff from the online store, about 10 things, most shipped separately. I see the product as it goes into the box by whatever employee is packing things that day/night (and I get an impression of what they think about what they are packing). I feel the product as it passes though the local post office, or if it sits in the mail box at home.

See the theme though? Part of it involves putting out mental "feelers" to anticipate something. You can't find what you aren't anticipating. People radar? Maybe, as long as they are thinking of me. The church, the school, the barber shop, all those give off energy, and so do the people that live around them, but they do not show up unless they have my name in mind, or something that is related to me, like an address. Now, online, a forum handle, that is too complicated, as there are hundreds or thousands of people getting my posts.

It is a reverse-memory, which is actually a subliminal agreement to be in a place at a certain time to meet another person who will be in the same place at the same time. The mind has already made decisions days, even weeks in advance, depending on your history and environment. We actually have the entire planet in our mind all at once, and if we train our minds well, we can watch ourselves on the planet, and other people. That would remove the feeling of a spontaneous life, as though we had no choice, so we will ourselves to forget that we can see everything, to give the illusion, and with it certain joys and thrills of new things.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok i guess what i am wanting to know is what do you FEEL when you are sensing a presence? Like i said when i sense there is a presence i FEEL something, for me it is the muscles behind my ears tensing up and i also hear ringing and a rushing sound in my ears and it is the exact same feeling every time i sense a presence. It is like i am hearing the shift in the air or change in energy or something. But what happens to you when you sense a presence? Is it a physical signal in your body like you hearing rushing water or you get chills? or is it more of a mental signal like like something pops up in your mind that lets you know someone is approaching? what is you presence indicator?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yes, I have. I don't consider myself psychic or anything, but I have had a few experiences.

Sometimes I get this feeling that some one is about to knock on the door, and they do. Sometimes I get a feeling that some one is about to call and they do... Or sometimes I start thinking that I should call a specific person that I have not talked to in a while and then they call me just as I am about to pick up the phone.

Things like that which happen rarely.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
Ok sometimes i can sense when someone is coming and this has happened my whole life as far as i remember. But when someone is coming the muscles behind my ears tense up and there is ringing in my ears; it is sort of like when a dog hears something and his ears perk up except with me i am not controlling it. Does this happen to anyone else? Also to the ones that this does happen to, can you wiggle your ears? This sounds stupid i know but im just wondering because i am the only one in my entire family that can wiggle their ears and i am wondering if these feelings that i have always gotten has sort of trained my ear wiggling muscles to make me able to wiggle my ears.

yup i get it, sometimes my ears dont move but can still sence someone coming it freaks my gf out becouse she cant sneak up on me

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I as well am a empath, on a large scale really. You can cork my ears, blindfold me, and plug my nose in a dark room.

If someone so much as sneaks into the same room i can feel their presence corse through my body.

And if I have met them before, I can tell you who it is.

Although i believe all humans have the inate ability to sense when someone is near. It has more to do with being in touch with your surroundings. You'd be surprised at how many have lost touch with this simple sense. Oblivity is grand isnt it? Funny...Im pretty sure there are lots of inherant traits that are more primal genetics than anything.

This would be one of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The same way you would sense humans would be the same to sense nonhuman or ghosts as well. The body doesn't tell the difference in that respect. The difference between them is left up to your mind to cypher the plausible information that may be setting it off leading to your understanding of what type of presence your sensing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join