It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an abductee attempted to video an abduction?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

So what's considered a "credible source" of possible alien abductions to you?
Pre-1997 cases listed on Wikipedia?

Would my case be "credible"? I have a MBA degree, 160 IQ and I'm a trusted member of my community. Admittedly, I enjoy trolling ATS (especially the people afraid of Freemasons) so don't judge my standing here as it is IRL.

Anyway, here's an informative summary of the phenomena with some statistics and research.
www.hyper.net...

In 1992, a 5-day conference was held at M.I.T. to examine "the findings of various investigators studying people who report experiences of abductions by aliens, and the related issues of the phenomenon." The conference was chaired by M.I.T.'s Professor of Physics David Pritchard and late Harvard Medical School Professor of Psychiatry John Mack. Alien Discussions: Proceedings of the Abduction Study Conference Held at M.I.T. Cambridge, Ma.
The conference was covered by a well-regarded journalist, C. D. B. Bryan, who avowed non-belief in alien abduction. After the Abduction Study Conference, Bryan conducted extensive interviews. The work was published in the book "Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind: A Reporter's Notebook on Alien Abduction, UFOs, and the Conference at M.I.T." (also audio cassette).

At the end of a chapter reporting his interviews with two of the most credible "experiencers," Bryan stated:

During the days immediately following the conference, I am struck by how my perception of the abduction phenomenon has changed: I no longer think it a joke. This is not to say I now believe UFOs and alien abduction are real -- "real" in the sense of a reality subject to the physical laws of the universe as we know them -- but rather that I feel something very mysterious is going on. And based as much on what has been presented at the conference as on the intelligence, dedication, and sanity of the majority of the presenters, I cannot reject out-of-hand the possibility that what is taking place isn't exactly what the abductees are saying is happening to them. And if that is so, the fact that no one has been able to pick up a tailpipe from a UFO does not mean UFOs do not exist. It means only that UFOs might not have tailpipes. As Boston University astronomer Michael Papagiannis insisted, "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." (Bryan 1995, 230)

edit on 6-4-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

No, you are not credible.

And your link is almost as bad as the others.

The first paragraph says the phenomena is defunct.

Great resource for your claims.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
You didn't answer: what is considered a "credible" source to you in regards to the alien abduction phenomena? So far you just referenced a Wikipedia listing as "credible". Maybe you're unaware, but anyone can add or remove content to Wikipedia.

The first paragraph says the phenomena is defunct.

Reading the first line is all you're capable of when you see the size of that scroll bar huh? That's fine. I quoted a part above for you. The Michael Papagiannis quote at the bottom should be tattooed on your hand.
edit on 6-4-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Edit: earlier in describing fetus removal I cited removal accounts occurring at third trimester, where 'third' is a typo.
I cannot edit that post directly now, so, I'm adding this update/Edit.

Accounts, as I understand it, report fetus removal in forcefully impregnated women around the end of First trimester, or during early second.

Apologies if there's been any confusion on that.

Many will ascribe these pregnancies/sudden non-pregnancies, to simple miscarriage, usually in attribution to the young ages of the girls/women involved.

This may indeed be the case, but, as suggested earlier, having subjects on hand in a controlled, safe, live-in, monitored environment could give us information on this front, especially where a child, or children are brought to full term and birth successfully with all in good health, unharmed.

Thanks, I was having a hard time understanding how a third trimester fetus could disappear without some medical evidence.

I don't think GPS alone would be sufficient, because in many cases the aliens make house calls.

I wonder if a device could monitor the heartbeat of the fetus constantly? This would determine the exact time the fetus was removed and make it possible to rule-out miscarriage?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven

The OP was talking about video.

That's a laugh when people can't even provide any type of documentation to back up even the simplest of claims made by abduction believers.
Yeah exactly, Oven! I believe those who claim alien abduction know deep deep down that what they claim is not real! The FACT (& it is a fact) that NONE have managed to put forward anything at all that could be classed as hard evidence in the slightest is proof to the likes of you & I that the alien abduction phenom is pure fantasy! I've been studying this phenom for decades now & not one-- NOT ONE of these alleged abductees have ever taken the time & effort to made any REAL attempt at gaining proper 1st person data-- yet they take the time & effort to sit & type out what they claim has happened to them in books/ places like this etc! How does the world know about this phenom? Purely through stories, nothing more.. & in my opinion this is the way it will be for eternity! I hope I'm wrong, I really do-- nothing would give me greater pleasure than first contact with unknown sentient beings. As long as they are not an alien version of Al-Qaeda of course! I just say it as I see it, nothing more..

Peace to all.

dej...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Here's a video I think you'll find interesting: www.cosmic-conspiracies.com... Scroll about 2/3 of the way down and watch the video--then let me know what you think. I for one think it's real, but of course, like everything else on this forum, that is for you to decide.
reply to post by MoreThanTheSum

You can clearly still see the woman's feet the moment we are supposed to believe she is abducted.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Well according to most in this thread, recording an abduction is impossible for reasons stated... So this must be a fake because it can't be done! I've seen & discussed this footage many times in other forums over the years, & those who believe felt (at the time) that it could be real.... The same individuals who months before argued that it's not possible (for many of the reasons stated in this thread so far) in reply to a similar topic I started regarding videoing an abduction

peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, this has gone entirely too far.

The only purpose of recording it would be to prove it to somebody else.

That's it.

So, knowing that... what if... the abductees weren't really hung up on trying to prove their abduction? They would not think to record it. What if, you respected your abductor (regardless if you were "taken against your will" or not... we are confusing abductor, obviously, with rapist or molester, which I'm sure the govt wants you to believe they are.)?

What if... during an abduction, "aliens" aren't literally coming into your bedroom while you're sleeping, but it's more of a "abducting your consciousness," but leaving your body in place?

I've read a ton of abduction stories and abductions often are not in a situation where anybody would notice you were gone... it seems it's often when you're alone or nobody would notice your body missing. So, it's still unclear whether they are literally taking people in their bodies or not. So, chances are, if you set up a camera and recorded somebody sleeping all night (assuming the abductions happen in your sleep), you would see nothing happen, even if an abduction was reported.

OP, would it really make you believe their story more if there was video evidence? I don't think it would. I think if there was video of that type of thing, it could ONLY fall short of what we wanted to believe and therefore, give us a reason to dismiss it as being important or believable. Your ego has set up a scapegoat for you. I suggest you evaluate this. If you want to see video to believe it, you're just wanting a reason to not believe. Besides, it's nobody's experience BUT that of the abductee. It's not up for debate from anybody else.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by celerygeneral

So in your opinion abductees may not want to prove it.....?? Therefore what's the point of telling everyone it's happening to them? If this enigma is really happening & folks are (for whatever reason) being taken against their will; taking into consideration that by all accounts they want it to stop because it's an awful experience--- why would any normal person want to keep it quite? Your logic baffles me. Alleged abductees can't prove it because it's not happening! That's why (in the real world-- away from fantasy) no one has proved it yet! I just say it as I see it... All due respect..

Peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Do you honestly think a video camera would do anything? An alien doesn't even need mind control or some technological gadget to thwart that. All anyone has to do is take a piece of cloth and cover the camera then any viewer would say "his friend did it, it's fake".

Too easy. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence and you're not going to catch an interstellar species if they don't wish to be caught. They probably have 2-3 more senses than us and are 1,000x more clever + intelligent than our keenest minds. There would be absolutely no comparison between us and ANY species that could arrive here. With all of our effort we can barely send a handful of people as far as the fvcking moon for goodness sake. Their population probably numbers in the trillions and every single one would be > than Einstein + every genius we ever had in human history combined. We can't even fathom a civilization's capabilities like that (which would be the case if they could arrive here and be incognito). Science fiction can't even touch it.

reply to post by MasonicFantom

During the days immediately following the conference, I am struck by how my perception of the abduction phenomenon has changed: I no longer think it a joke. This is not to say I now believe UFOs and alien abduction are real -- "real" in the sense of a reality subject to the physical laws of the universe as we know them -- but rather that I feel something very mysterious is going on. And based as much on what has been presented at the conference as on the intelligence, dedication, and sanity of the majority of the presenters, I cannot reject out-of-hand the possibility that what is taking place isn't exactly what the abductees are saying is happening to them. And if that is so, the fact that no one has been able to pick up a tailpipe from a UFO does not mean UFOs do not exist. It means only that UFOs might not have tailpipes. As Boston University astronomer Michael Papagiannis insisted, "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Great report. A lot of people who report abductions are very sane and aware of their surroundings. The media has given a bad reputation to the phenomenon though.
edit on 9-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Asserting an unknown, stating that it would essentially be impossible to try because anything that 'could' travel here would be absolutely too clever for us is fallacy and defeatism.

If everyone stopped at the thought that 'it', whatever 'it' might be, can't be done, we'd still be stuck in the dark ages as far as technology goes.

As I've proposed; try. When/if that attempt fails, adapt, and try again. Keep trying and adapting.

The fact that people suspect they are being abducted is indication itself that if there are abductions occurring, the process is not infallible. If the process is not infallible, what else can be found in directing some pervasive adaptive attention at the phenomenon?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Even a baby can fool a camera by throwing his diaper on it so people saying an alien wouldn't know how is beyond belief.

reply to post by nineix

There are vids of people filming their "abductions" but they will never be believed. Even if it's genuine It will always be explained as CGI, a hoax, or etc.. It won't prove anything to have an alien on film unless it's witnessed and filmed by thousands of people which, of course, won't occur in a bedroom or on a desolate road. Such a public display would also only transpire on the alien's choosing.

This is not being a defeatist. This is being a realist (coming from someone who was abducted before).

And to assume aliens are abducting people you first have to assume they can arrive here obviously. That means their capabilities would be beyond our comprehension. It's ego that deceives one into not realizing this. If they can arrive here that means they can utilize infinite energy (to achieve superluminous speeds or use worm holes)--we can't even utilize the energy available on our 1 planet. We use dead plants for power...they use the entire galaxy or universe. They would be a Type II-III civilization, as Michio Kaku would put it. We rate as a Type 0 on this scale.

reply to post by dejarmaX

They'd want to keep their experience quiet because of certain close-minded morons and because no amount of evidence short of an alien artifact will ever be believed, including video recordings.
edit on 9-4-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
They'd want to keep their experience quiet because of certain close-minded morons

& yet here you are telling everyone you've been abducted:

Originally posted by MasonicFantom

This is not being a defeatist. This is being a realist (coming from someone who was abducted before).
See what i mean-- why did you feel the need to mention it for a closed minded moron like me to see

It's nothing to do with being closed minded my friend-- & I'll forget the 'moron' bit for now, nice!

Like I've suggested many times--- I do not believe it's happening therefore catching an incident on film won't happen, going by the data put forward so far! BUT I don't KNOW this for sure, & that's why I'm suggesting this-- to find out! Setting up ""multiple"" cameras is what I've been suggesting. Not just one. The reason for this is not to actually capture an abduction on film:

have 2/3/4 cameras set up, tie yourself to the bed so you can't turn them off against your will, & if ALL cameras stop at the same time due to the capabilities of the abductors then you'll have hard evidence of something strange actually happening-- solid calculable evidence that can be studied:

why have multiple perfectly normal working cameras all stopped at the same time?

Maybe I really am a moron as you suggested, but what I propose is a start (an attempt if you like) at getting to the bottom of it...it Seems to me that alleged abductees do not want it proved either way-- I wonder why?
edit on 9-4-2012 by dejarmaX because: spillin mistook

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

I'm mentioning it because that's what this thread's topic turned into. Look through my 300 other posts and you'll see I never brought it up.

As far as 4 cameras all malfunctioning at the same time, there is a case of that happening here:

But how many people believe it?
edit on 9-4-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just a few points to consider here, the biggest one being;

1) Maybe the 'abduction' phenomena is not actually a physical one.

Read some Jacques Vallee or Dr John E. Mack and learn about the interdimensional hypothesis. Just because non physical things are occuring to 'abductees', it doesn't mean it is not significant. Obviously if the phenomena is not entirely physical, putting up video cameras in not going to capture anything.

2) As others have said here, if the phenomena was physical it would be extremely difficult to set up a system of recording constantly. Who is going to organise, store and analyse the data? I don't think any academics would be interested and the abductee themselves has got a life to lead and th non-professional approach would not be trusted. Also consider that people have children and spouses that they don't feel comfortable making aware of their experiences.

3) Many contactees have no interest in becoming a guinea pig to be prodded, poked and berated for claiming that they have certain experiences. They may like to converse with others on forums like this one in order to get answers for themselves but have learned that speaking out attracts all kinds of hostility.

If I did ever have any footage or physical evidence of visitation myself, I would definitely share it with the world but I wouldn't disrupt my whole life in pursuit of it. I'm happy in the knowledge that things are really happening to 'abductees', I'm quite happy to wait a while for the rest of the world to catch up.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Based on what I've read, most people feel like they are being held down. It doesn't seem like reaching for a camera would even be possible. Maybe a motion censor webcam would do the trick, but then again, people report electronics going crazy, but if someone thinks they are being kidnapped by aliens, it might be something to try.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join