It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an abductee attempted to video an abduction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here,
Watch this series of encounters. Do I believe this is true, not sure, but it seems more than a hoax.

If true then he is crazy to stay here.

Sirric

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

post by sirric
Do I believe this is true, not sure, but it seems more than a hoax.

Let me help you out there , they are a hoax

The creator and uploader of those videos was a member here for a short while , and now he isn't .
I think his youtube name sums him up perfectly

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by txMEGAlithic
reply to post by nineix
You make many good points through out this thread.
We know something is going on. If they can't totally hide the abduction then they can be caught.
A simple analogy:
If you have a dog that is kept in a pen, and it escapes everyday when you are at work, then reenters the pen before you get home, you have no idea the dog can get out and you're clueless about the event. If the little begger is waiting at the front door when you arrive home, you have a pretty good indication that he has escaped, and you can take measures to prevent it happening again. Humans aren't as dumb as some people, dogs, and obviously aliens think.
I also agree with the above post in which was suggested that older, mechanical cameras be used but that would mean someone manning the cameras during the entire observation, right? correct me if I'm wrong.
TXML

Actually, there are older cameras that use mechanical timers to take pictures every so often, they were mainly used in science, Also for motion there were ones that had a windup spring that would run them without humans needing to be there to crank the cameras, also mostly used in science though the motion ones were available to the general public but were expensive so not many were ever sold.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That man claims to have been an abductee for 10 years. He had his wife set up a camera to view a mirror in the corner of his room (to fool the aliens--in this vid the camera is actually facing the same direction the unknown figure is) and so he had no knowledge of where it actually was.
That unknown figure was proven not to be CGI so the only other guess was "it's a puppet". The experimenters who said it was a puppet could also not replicate the leg movement or some of its subtle motions.

So even if you capture aliens in a bedroom on film, it will be either "staged", a "hoax for publicity", "CGI", a "misidentified object", "photoshop", "lighting distortion," etc.

The last thing it will be is an alien, to any scientist or professional with a reputation and career to lose. That's IF they even bother analyzing it, which most won't even touch the subject.
edit on 3-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie0827

Actually, there are older cameras that use mechanical timers to take pictures every so often, they were mainly used in science, Also for motion there were ones that had a windup spring that would run them without humans needing to be there to crank the cameras

I didn't know that. Your old cameras might be a solution to the problems with EMFs. I have a couple of questions though?
How big are they? Would it be easy to hide a few of them here and there? What kind of noise do they make?
If the cameras had a scientific use, the answers might surprise me.

TXML

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The guy posting these videos is a stable member in another forum aliensight.com where he has posted 20 sightings so far you can see them listed HERE. Other members have analyzed and enhanced his videos. If it's a hoax it still hasn't been proven to be so. I've been following the forum for a while and there's a pretty large number of people there who believe the sightings to be true, or at least are willing to suspend disbelief for the time being. I wouldn't call a hoax unless I can back my claim up. Then again I'm not the type of person who will be easily fooled. In this case, after examining the videos carefully, I agree that they could be acted out and faked and that this is more likely than for it to be true. Yet this doesn't rule the second option automatically. It hasn't been debunked so far.

I'll keep my eyes open...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by sirric

post by sirric
Do I believe this is true, not sure, but it seems more than a hoax.

Let me help you out there , they are a hoax

The creator and uploader of those videos was a member here for a short while , and now he isn't .
I think his youtube name sums him up perfectly

This, for example, is valid and respectable opinion, but not sufficient proof to call a hoax.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This topic is making me think primarily of Stan Romanek and the video that he captured of a supposed alien peeking in through his window. I would embed the video here but youtube is blocked at my office

Has anyone heard anything about him lately or wether the video was proved to be a hoax? His overall story, like many many others seems to be far too out of this world...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

This alien at the window footage is a pathetic & embarrassing attempt at a hoax IMO:

www.youtube.com...

He obviously thinks many staunch believers are stupid! Having said that he still gets invited to speak at ufo conferences-- oh well

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have always believed the alien in that video to be a hoax as well, however I had heard that there had been alot of "experts" or whatever stating it would have been very very hard to hoax. To me, Stan Romanek just comes off as a nut who has himself so wound up in his story that he fully believes it.

HOWEVER, on the other hand, one of these days we may all end up with egg on our faces... who knows?

**EDIT** Thank you dejarmaX for linking the video for me

edit on 4-4-2012 by Armadall because: added a thank you

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DohMinion

post by DohMinion
but not sufficient proof to call a hoax.

Perhaps not , but maybe this is , 24 pages of scrutiny .... enjoy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or this one posted by the guy himself .... 23 pages
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Re Stan Romanek
I prefer this one

post by dejarmaX
He obviously thinks many staunch believers are stupid!

Yep .

edit on 4-4-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

All we need to do is prove that the abduction phenomena cannot be explained by hoaxes, quack hypnotists, and crazy people. We don't need to track the abductee to the secret mountain hideout or catch the aliens red-handed. If the cameras stop working and there was no way the abductee could have disabled those cameras, then we have made progress.

Also, if an abductee consents to involuntary 24/7 monitoring, then that abductee might never suffer another abduction. The aliens might prefer to switch their harrassment to somebody easier like a mugger picking the easiest target in a crowd. That would not help us study abductions, but it would help the abductees.

One last thought, abductions can happen when a person is a child and not happen again until that person is an adult. So the monitoring needs to be easy, affordable, and unobtrusive so that thousands or millions of abductees would be willing to participate for decades.
edit on 4-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

True.
There are, however, higher risk demographics based on statistical information derived from reports of the abduction phenomenon over several decades.

Seeking out, vetting, and getting the cooperation of high risk abductees could be worthwhile.

Additionally, finding abductee claimants, currently pregnant, arguably as a result of forced implantation of alien hybrid fetus could also be of value by simply keeping the mother safe from re-abduction where reports from other abduction accounts indicate that the fetus will be forcefully removed after the first trimester.

Bring a supposed alien hybrid child to full term and birth, and you may very well have something interesting. If kid comes out looking like an alien, then, hmmm. If kid comes out looking like a regular human baby, then, also hmmm.
There's also tests that could be done on hair, skin, and blood samples from the child, all without harming the child.

Anything and everything I propose I propose be done ethically, responsibly, and in full observation of scientific methods.

As for cheap, and long term for the rest of the abductees, electronics are approaching points where cheap GPS monitoring very well could indeed be feasible.
'Cheap', and 'long term' are also relative terms depending on funding, and subject candidate basis.
Some people would consider one month, long term, while others may consider it a brief sample study if it doesn't last longer than 1-5 years with over 10 thousand participants.

Whatever the case this area of inquiry is sadly not getting the attention it should if anyone is really actually interested in finding answers.
Unfortunately, me thinks most 'researchers', are more interested in getting paid for speaking engagements, lectures, and appearances than actually doing something serious that requires real effort in the field.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The fact that anyone would believe that an ET would be abducting people, from their bed rooms no less, is the most idiotic aspect of the UFO phenomena.

I thought I was going to do a spit take when I read replies of how "abductees" can't film it because they get up and turn the camera off because the ET made them.

Very convenient for the person trying to prove they are telling the truth, they can always blame the ET.

The real reason there is no video footage of an abduction is that they are not happening.

It is complete bs.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

That's very likely indeed.
Discounting and dismissing the phenomenon as such without proper investigation, however, is more than idiotic because there's quite obviously SOMETHING going on.

Whether that something is the result of every single person reporting such being totally delusional, mentally ill, prone to hallucination, even open to influence by cultural collective unconscious, or as they claim, actual physical abduction by someone or some thing(s) is yet to answered with any definitive evidence.

I personally don't believe we're being visited by aliens, but, I do recognize that something indeed is occurring in regards to the abduction phenomenon. I'm quite curious as to what that something is, and it could very well be framed over several differing causes all case independent.
There are a number of ways to design a test platform poisoned against subject tampering and sabotage to find indications of what indeed is going on.
True, in many cases, evidence will indeed indicate the subjects are quite totally delusional. As to what percentage of cases this may apply to, and what percentage lie on the fringes of the bell curve for strangeness, we won't know unless we put this to proper study.

You can be dismissive if you like as it's entirely your right to do so, but, as far as denying ignorance goes, being dismissive without concentrated persistent inquiry, believer or no, is if anything embracing ignorance.

Entirely less interesting things have been researched and studied in the past, with even more disappointing results. At the very least, this subject of inquiry is quite interesting as it could provide answers, and even more questions either and every way regarding this phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
If aliens came to abduct then they're not going to be fooled or caught by a camera. Have to give them more credit if they could cross the vastness of space with ease. There would be nothing humanly possible to stop them. If they want you, they will get you and do it anonymously.

Obviously if aliens are smart enough to travel through space they HAVE GOT to be smart enough to know how to evade such primitive technology as cameras, etc. I can't even imagine why this is not obvious to many who study this topic.

Seriously, their technology is at least THOUSANDS of years advanced beyond ours. They can manipulate our memories and perception. They probably are reading this right now and absorbing it into their data base on human civilization.

Why don't you send them a message?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

If you're sitting on an aircraft carrier, the very pinnacle of military power, a nuclear sub, or the ISS, or some vastly technically superior platform that practically oozes human technical accomplishment, and, for some reason, someone, anyone knocked you in the dome with a good sized rock, I'm pretty sure you'd go down.

That rock is ancient primitive technology and that rock can take you down no matter how advanced you are now.

Methinks rock beats scissors every time for good reason. Your attitude is totally defeatist. You're obviously not a dog geared for any kind of fight since you've already lost without even trying.
Sad.

I don't even have balls and I've got more and better fight than you.
Sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ahem. 24 pages of bickering is not "proof". Just because something can be filmed another way, e.g. Buddy in the grass with a mask, doesn't automatically rule out all other possibilities. You need to actually spot something that we call "evidence"

What is the average age of the "debunkers"? I saw some pretty silly comments. I thought this website had more strict netiquette. In any case I'm not here to prove anything. Was just expecting a little more professionally.

The bottom line is: if you have an encounter or get abducted, forget about filming anything. Nobody will ever believe you and the government agents will make you look like nutcase or frauds looking for easy money.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
those videos are crap.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DohMinion

I disagree, and it would seem to me from your statements that you haven't been following my posts. I suggest you go back and read them.
I only see 2 pages in this thread, not 24. am I missing something?
Edit: Gortex pointed out to me you may be referring to his post in regard to the 24 pages. Thus I think I have repaired my error on that part.

I think it's entirely worthwhile to look into this phenomenon, but, in a structured and organized manner.
I've laid out a few different propositions from GPS, to controlled access facilities, to safe-housing pregnant girls and women claiming forced implantation of alien fetus against reabduction where anecdotal reports in the data pool report reabduction occurs around the end of the first trimester.
This last, if there has indeed been alien hybrid implantation could be quite interesting.

If kid comes out all alien, then, hmmm. If kid comes out totally normal, then also hmmm.
Not doing a rigorous scientific study of this phenomenon gives us no answers other than more stories and stupid youtube vides.
Conducting a real and structured study would give results for all the crazy people, all the other crazy people, all the other nother other crazy people, and even the outright delusional crazy people.
On the fringe, however, there very well might be some actual real physical abductions.

The larger the data pool over the longer span of time for the study, the more solid the data indications can point toward answers.

SOMETHING is going on, and whether is aliens, santa claus, or Carl Jung, it's important to find out.

edit on 5-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join