It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Movies Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by ZikhaN

Scary is hard these days. What do we have to be scared of anymore?

Agreed. I while back i started out on a mission to find a film that scared the living crap out of me, however i drew a blank. I guess after 40 years you tend to get used to certain things that would have scared you before. Seen enough gore in real life so thats nothing special, love the paranormal so that doesn't scare.

There are those that make me jump out of my skin though, and probably having me speeding up when i walk to the loo down a dark hallway.

CX.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
^Yea I already saw Wolf Creek. It's okay, nothing amazing though.

I think the build up is the best part.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If one thinks "outside the box" The Stand is scary as hell because it could happen(gov creates killer virus that gets out). A lot of King's books are written to screenplay by others. King wrote this screenplay and one of the best "made for TV" miniseries I have seen. Not as good as the book but it does it justice.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If you guys dare to watch these gifs, then there's quite a few movies to be found ^^

www.reddit.com...

I'm going to watch one of two movies I found from those gifs tonight, lol. (:

One is The Poughkeepsie Tapes, the other one is Begotten. I'll report back.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Did you ever watch these movies or did that freaking gif from Begotten eat your face off

Hate that gif, scares the ever lovin heck out of me. I don't know if I could watch the movie, so just curious how it was.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
From Beyond
The Keep

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If one thinks "outside the box" The Stand is scary as hell because it could happen(gov creates killer virus that gets out). A lot of King's books are written to screenplay by others. King wrote this screenplay and one of the best "made for TV" miniseries I have seen. Not as good as the book but it does it justice.

I have always like and been disappointed with Steven King movies because I was such a big fan of the books, I would love to see them redone in more of a modern feel.

They all would be hits and I'll predict that those movies will be redone this way... they are too classic

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I saw it. It wasn't scary at all actually, in my oppinion. It was mostly confusing and disturbing.

I couldn't watch all of it, cuz it was too strange honestly. The first scene though, which is what you see in that gif, was ingenious. Incredibly disturbing and promising in horror movie standards, but once that scene ends, you'll feel pretty disappointed.

The poughkeepsie tapes on the other hand is a pretty solid mockumentary style horror movie. I recommend it if you're into horror (:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just got done watching The Orphanage, which is a spanish-language ghost movie. Maybe it was because I watched it in two sittings, but I thought the first half was really solid, but the second one squandered the momentum a little.

Still, you might like it if you haven't seen it yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
^I've seen it, just didn't care for it much. Definitely not a BAD movie though. I'd give it a 5-6/10.

Have you seen "Orphan"? That movie is quite good. I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

edit on 7/4/2012 by jiggerj because: Eh, neh'ver mind.

Just youtubed "Dark Angel the Ascent' and I couldn't find it.
edit on 7/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Frontier(s) and high tension are two of my favorites. Both are gory and lots of tension.
They are both subtitled but minimal talking in both. Good thread!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thx for mentioning Frontier(s), I'll be checking it out tonight (:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
saw this movie the other nite... kinda like groundhogs day but what a real person would do.. or the parts they didn't show where bill murray just randomly killed people and went crazy..

good twisted movie

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Kill List - (2011)was a really good one.
Maniac -(1980) Slasher... (Shot Gun and the Hood of a car scene is Intense) Tom Savini did Special effects and Tom is the Driver in the car that gets his head blown off
Pieces- (1982)
The Amityville Horror (1979) and part II The Possession (1982) Are my favorites
Dead Alive (1992) by Peter Jackson Horror Comedy
Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil (2010) *trust me, this one is a good one. Horror Comedy

This is certainly just to name a few. Anyways. Peace Out
edit on 13-11-2012 by KyleR because: forgot to add dates

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join