It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who hasn't done their income tax filing yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I owe every year, will wait until the last minute to file...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We're going to owe a crap-ton this year thanks to capital gains tax, but because of the complexity of our situation, we have to use an accountant. He's good about dragging it out until the last minute when we owe.

What surprised me is that my daughter, who only worked 10 months last year as a dental assistant (not highly paid, either) only got $97 back on her taxes. Seems to me that they changed the tax code somehow so even those who can barely make it are paying more in taxes.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We jumped the gun on ours all excited about a refund but now I have to send in an amended
didn't wait for all the forms. Boo.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh,damn it!
Is it that time again?

There was a time I couldn't wait to get all my stuff in the mail and get my refund as soon as possible.
Thank god for turbotax.

Now I hate it,I always either owe or break even.

Maybe I will start tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm in no hurry. Whatever I might get for a refund, the Child Support sucks up. Been doing that for the last 20 years, so...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Doesn't that stop at 18 years old or you have a succession of them?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The ole EZ form works for my family, but we still mail it in a day late.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I still owe a ton of back payments from when they refused to lower it when I had to take a lower paying job. Also, there were times I had no job at all. Instead of negotiating something affordable, they simply tacked it onto my "tab" at the rate of $350 per month.

Right now, I owe about $12000 in back payments and my kids are 23 and 27.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
I owe every year, will wait until the last minute to file...

We always go in on April 14th or one working day before the last filing day. I feel like I have a ton of bricks in my legs as I walk through the doors to sign my life away.

I owe every year, year in year out. We take 30% out and its never enough. Next year we may get money back being my husband lost his job over a year ago we have depleated most of our 401, all our savings. Im hoping if we didnt earn any money they may leave us alone next year.

edit on 3-4-2012 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join