It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOETICS: Thought-Provoking Documentary on Self Healing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Before i watch this movie, i want to know if it is just offering hope? Is it just another way to pray for things to heal?

I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia about 12 years ago and i'd really want to stop hearing some of the things i hear as it stops me from Socializing and just travelling around sometimes.... you probably wont understand but i may be in a great mood while out and then i hear something which totally ruins my mood!!

And you also may laugh but i also feel that i can read some peoples minds because some of the stuff i hear just makes sense.... like i could be thinking about something and then i will hear something which relates directly to what i was thinking as if someone was reading my mind and communicating like that....

One other thing... not all Schizophrenics (I hate that word) are out to kill as they are always portrayed in the media!!

Just let me know if watching this Film will cure me????
edit on 3-4-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
just posting so i can find this thread tomorrow.

off to bed right now.

but i've always believed your way of thinking influences your body and its functions.

can't wait to read and watch this all

SnF

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

So it has to be true because it hasn't been proven false???
edit on 3-4-2012 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Go collect some numbers on how many deaths are caused by the radiation and chemotherapy.

My sister in law is in her second year of remission from leukemia. 'They' had given her a 10% chance of living 5 years. She tried some experiemental drug and now has a 70% chance.

BUT ... the agony she went through for 6 months ... the damage to her body ... how she feels now .... there is NO WAY I'd go through what she went through. I'd let myself die naturally. I believe there is something better after this life and I wouldn't want to be here and go through what she went through. Even though she's 'cancer free' for two years, she's less than half the person she used to be. She sleeps 18 hours a day. She can't remember a lot of things. She's SLOW. And she doesn't 'feel right'.

I admire her fight to stay alive but for me? No thank you. Just let me move on.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I would also like to know who all these "doctors" are, and what they have accomplished during their careers. It's so easy to fall for the "MD" after their name is listed, but fact is there are a lot of crazy quacks out there.

Before you criticize their credentials and make a bias post, why don't you do a little research first?

www.thelivingmatrixmovie.com...

Here's a list of film participants and interviewee's, you can find their credentials and info there

I do believe that our thoughts can affect us in good and bad ways

Indubitably

edit on 2/4/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

My post is not biased, it promotes caution. I've been taken in by things like this myself long ago, and all I'm doing is pointing out that these documentaries don't always give you the truth, they give you what you want to hear.

Yes, I do believe that our general attitudes toward life have much to do with our physical health, but gullibility can also kill.

I looked at the link you posted with the credentials. I'm sorry to say that most of these people are healers, acupuncturists, authors (just because someone is an author doesn't mean he's the authority on any subject), and from schools I've never even heard of. The others who's credentials sound pretty convincing could be people who were duped into participating in the documentary, not knowing how what they said on tape would be edited. It happened with "What the Bleep Do We Know", and there were two or three legitimate scientists who were outraged that the movie was edited in such a way that it misrepresented what they actually believe.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is basically ancient knowledge, that has finally been giving some thought to scientists alike.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Thank you so much for posting this. I have long been a believer in the power or ourselves to heal, both effectively and rapidly. Modern and ancient medicines are NO match for the power or our "super" brains. Kudos for the post and S&F.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I hope this documentary isn't like "What the Bleep Do We Know?" because that "documentary" also had many scientists and doctors speaking, but their words were twisted into something they never intended to support. They were taken out of context. I do believe that our thoughts can affect us in good and bad ways, I just want to caution that some of these films (although very interesting) don't always present the truth the way they should. I would also like to know who all these "doctors" are, and what they have accomplished during their careers. It's so easy to fall for the "MD" after their name is listed, but fact is there are a lot of crazy quacks out there.
edit on 2-4-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

While ever you have far 2manyquestions and no belief/faith then it will benefit you not at all.
As you wish.
Would you really want to be responsible for missing out just because you didn't bother to watch?
What are you doing here really?

I may have too many questions, but you don't seem to have enough of them.
I bothered to watch, I just think the documentary is misleading people. Some will flock to it because it presents a view they desperately want to believe in. Not much wrong with that except when it influences your decision to deal with life and death. To be too gullible could kill you. I believe that one's outlook on life has something to do with the physical well-being of one's body, but there is a limit and a point where belief is not enough to save one's life. Ignoring conventional medicine in favor of these holistic healers is very dangerous. Most of them are con artists.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Nearly forgot -

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

HEY ~ I just watched and I am in agreement that drugs and pharmeceutical companies are not the answer. However, money runs the world, and those with it are not interested in cures, but rather drugs and treatments. I do believe that one day things will shift in this direction, but a lot of things will need to change first.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Whether you think are right or you think you are wrong, you are right. Mind over matter is what it has always been for me, since i was a kid. It's the best escape, thinking about aliens and awesome things of this nature. Great find my dood.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hi,
I look forward to watching the video as I find the idea of self healing fascinating and with particular resonance to my own life and experiences based on my mental state of being. So, a great thread.

There was a brilliant documentary on BBC about the Placebo Effect with some truly amazing examples of how people with seemingly chronic knee pain were cured through the placebo effect... the belief they had been operated on when in fact they hadn't. Brilliant. Must see.

The link for the documentary on youtube: PLACEBO:Cracking The Code

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

You have a very passionate point of view, although I don't agree with it.
It clearly states in the vid that if you believe that medication or radiation works for you then it will, it's all about belief.
I would rather go into chemo (which I would never do) with a firm belief it worked than hesitation for such a drastically physically irresponsible procedure.

Being open to all there is, to me sounds like covering your bases better.
I just lost a very good friend to cancer, she had it for 18 years. It wasn't until she went through chemo, 5 years ago, that her body started to go down hill, perhaps she was tired of trying and ready to go. I don't know. I miss her she was a beautiful shiny person regardless of what she was going through and she always smiled.
Death seems to be a wonderful motivator when it comes to searching for alternatives and scientific breakthroughs.

Much love and I hope you are well x

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I hope this documentary isn't like "What the Bleep Do We Know?" because that "documentary" also had many scientists and doctors speaking, but their words were twisted into something they never intended to support. They were taken out of context. I do believe that our thoughts can affect us in good and bad ways, I just want to caution that some of these films (although very interesting) don't always present the truth the way they should. I would also like to know who all these "doctors" are, and what they have accomplished during their careers. It's so easy to fall for the "MD" after their name is listed, but fact is there are a lot of crazy quacks out there.

While ever you have far 2manyquestions and no belief/faith then it will benefit you not at all.
As you wish.
Would you really want to be responsible for missing out just because you didn't bother to watch?

I bothered to watch, I just think the documentary is misleading people. Some will flock to it because it presents a view they desperately want to believe in. Not much wrong with that except when it influences your decision to deal with life and death. To be too gullible could kill you. I believe that one's outlook on life has something to do with the physical well-being of one's body, but there is a limit and a point where belief is not enough to save one's life. Ignoring conventional medicine in favor of these holistic healers is very dangerous. Most of them are con artists.

You just contradicted yourself by saying you 'believe that one's outlook on life has something to do with the physical well being on one's body'

imo completely ignoring alternative methods in favour of conventional medicine only, is dangerous too.

You have no idea the volume of questions I've had and have been answered, most of them in the last couple of months, and they were the really BIG questions.

so this
link

is rubbish too? Practices which have been going on for thousands of years?

By that attitude then, all religion is rubbish too, and governments, and wars, they have been going on for equally long, rubbish too?

Is the Dalai a shonk too?
link

It's not my belief in question, it's actually yours...

Respecting people for their own beliefs is essential in my book. Through 'personal' experience I believe our energies can heal themselves. But if you don't, then that's okay too.

much love

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I will watch the video later. I just replied so that I can easily trace this thread for later viewing.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

As you wish.

You just contradicted yourself by saying you 'believe that one's outlook on life has something to do with the physical well being on one's body'

I haven't contradicted myself at all. It's not a contradiction to believe that if you're constantly unhappy, depressed and negative about everything in your life, your immune system will eventually follow a path of destruction. To turn your life over to holistic healers in hopes they cure your disease is dangerous. Belief will only go so far in saving your life from any disease. The amount of variables involved in miracles is mind-boggling. Conventional medicine along with a positive fighter's attitude is an important combination.

imo completely ignoring alternative methods in favour of conventional medicine only, is dangerous too.

I did not say "ignore alternative methods in favor of conventional medicine", I said BE CAREFUL where you put your trust when it comes to saving your life. Videos like this one pray on people's gullibility much like the con artists who take thousands of dollars from their victims promising them health. There are too many out there spreading misinformation in an attempt to get rich. I'd rather bank on a reputable, trained doctor who's got something to lose if he/she screws up than a con-artist who simply disappears into thin air along with your money when your cancer hasn't budged one bit.

You have no idea the volume of questions I've had and have been answered, most of them in the last couple of months, and they were the really BIG questions.

Nope, I really don't.

so this
link

Who knows what's rubbish and what isn't? Maybe it is. Exercising caution when dealing with these things is rule #1.

By that attitude then, all religion is rubbish too, and governments, and wars, they have been going on for equally long, rubbish too?

Governments, wars and most religions ARE rubbish in my opinion. Just because something is repeated over and over again for thousands of years doesn't make it right or true. By your logic we should still be burning homosexuals at the stake, or sacrificing animals or children for a better harvest next year.

link

I have no way of knowing whether the Dalai Lama is a crook or not. How does he fit into this thread?

Respecting people for their own beliefs is essential in my book. Through 'personal' experience I believe our energies can heal themselves. But if you don't, then that's okay too.

much love

Again... let me repeat that I am suggesting people be CAUTIOUS of videos like the one posted in this thread. Why? Because it could actually harm you by influencing you to do something you otherwise would not have done. I'm not an advocate against positive thinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I really enjoyed that movie. It had a lot of good information. It isn't the end all be all of healing and wellness, but it is a start for getting the word out. No one has a monopoly on the truth: mystic healers, spiritualists, medical doctors, politicians, no one.

I have a biochemistry degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology, I worked at the University of Chicago doing pharmacology and physiology research. I have been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry (a top tier peer reviewed research journal), the primary investigator of our laboratory was the top research associate of a man who won the Nobel prize for Physiology and Medicine. I worked for biotech companies including Syngenta doing research on things that would blow peoples minds. I have been in that world.

I am also a Licensed Acupuncturist. Before I went into alternative medicine, I experienced it as a patient. Six acupuncture treatments and my "untreatable" injury was healed. I was a skeptic! I didn't even believe that it would work, but I had tried the conventional medical route and it didn't work for me.
The amazing things that acupuncture did for me made such a profound impression on me that I left my research career and entered Acupuncture College. After 4 years and over 100,000 dollars in tuition, books and related costs, I passed my Licensure examination (Acupuncture is regulated by the State in which I live, meaning not just any person can practice this medicine here).
It truly bothered me to read the post(s) that said something to the effect that most alternative healers are charlatans. The vast majority of people I have encountered in this medicine barely make enough to live, pay their bills and student loans, many of them give their time and treatments for less than they really should, myself included. In fact I can't tell you how many FREE treatments I have given over the years, it's many I assure you.

The people that go into alternative medicine truly care about their patients, they have a passion to help people even at their own expense. Charlatans exist everywhere, politics, religion, law enforcement, military, conventional medicine and even alternative medicine. Please don't paint with too wide of a brush when you use the word charlatan and alternative medicine, it is simply unfair and untrue.

Have I healed people who had no help from conventional medicine? you bet I have. Have I been unable to help people and referred them back to their physician? you bet I have. As a regulated profession I am under the same malpractice laws as any MD, DO, DC, PT, ND and any other licensed medical professional, alternative or conventional. It is my duty and honor to help those who come through my door. If I can't help them I tell them so and refer them to the appropriate health care provider.

Regarding the placebo effect. I had a patient who had several failed surgeries, she was on so many medications for pain that her pharmacist told her that "if I didn't know you and your doctor, I'd think you were a drug dealer."
SHe had an implanted pain pump device which delivered measured doses of snake venom derived molecules. She had an electrical stimulation deviced implanted which delivered measured doses of electroshocks to her nerves, all in an attempt to relieve her of her chronic pain. ALL unsuccessful. Her physician MD referred her to me. FOUR acupuncture treatments later I get a phone call and it's her saying "What did you do!? It's gone! The pain is gone!"

Was this the placebo effect? If it was, what does that tell you? My tiny little sterile single use needles (regulated as medical devices by the FDA) were such a powerful placebo compared to MDs best efforts, surgeries, snake venom molecules, implanted electrical stimulators and the like?
Let me tell you, Acupuncture works, pharmaceuticals work, placebos work. The whole premise of medicine is to heal the patient, the end result is all that matters. Get it into your heads, only HUGE egomaniacs care if their medicine is superior to another. It's about the patient. And No One Has A Monopoly On The Truth.

Total cost for all the above patient's care in my office was $240 dollars. Who knows how much it cost her and her insurance company for all the top of the line care and surgeries, 10s or perhaps 100s of thousands of dollars. The price of getting a desperate person out of pain and returning them to a somewhat normal life, you guessed it....PRICELESS
Thanks for your time.
-AutomaticSlim
edit on 3-4-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: typos, spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I haven't watched the videos yet, but the key word I got from that trailer is information. And yes, technically, with the right information in our cells, our bodies can do some amazing things, including regenerating organs. However, I'm not so sure if this is what the Creator wants. I mean, he doesn't allow our organs to be regenerated, and create diseases like cancer for an (obvious) reason. My opinion is that we have to learn how to control population(through humane methods, not genocide) first, before we can discover these things(notice he seems to time it where you are more aware of overpopulation first, before you know or learn more about these things). You see, it's not that our bodies don't want to be immortal or do miraculous things, it's that they are not allowed to. I mean, if our cells wanted to be immortal, it would have already started with the amoeba.

As far as the cells being able to communicate, that's really nothing new. I mean, how else do people think evolution work? There has to be a way for the cells to communicate with the environment, either directly or through our thoughts, in order for them to adapt to it.
edit on 4-4-2012 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

As you wish.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. It's not a contradiction to believe that if you're constantly unhappy, depressed and negative about everything in your life, your immune system will eventually follow a path of destruction. To turn your life over to holistic healers in hopes they cure your disease is dangerous. Belief will only go so far in saving your life from any disease. The amount of variables involved in miracles is mind-boggling. Conventional medicine along with a positive fighter's attitude is an important combination.

I did not say "ignore alternative methods in favor of conventional medicine", I said BE CAREFUL where you put your trust when it comes to saving your life. Videos like this one pray on people's gullibility much like the con artists who take thousands of dollars from their victims promising them health. There are too many out there spreading misinformation in an attempt to get rich. I'd rather bank on a reputable, trained doctor who's got something to lose if he/she screws up than a con-artist who simply disappears into thin air along with your money when your cancer hasn't budged one bit.

Nope, I really don't.

so this
link

Who knows what's rubbish and what isn't? Maybe it is. Exercising caution when dealing with these things is rule #1.

Governments, wars and most religions ARE rubbish in my opinion. Just because something is repeated over and over again for thousands of years doesn't make it right or true. By your logic we should still be burning homosexuals at the stake, or sacrificing animals or children for a better harvest next year.

link

I have no way of knowing whether the Dalai Lama is a crook or not. How does he fit into this thread?

much love

Ohhh... so your one of them ones...

Have a little faith, and think positively 2manyquestions, you might see a massive change in your general outlook on life and well being.

Peace brothers and sisters
edit on 4/4/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

Wow, brilliant story Slim!

I have never considered acupuncture before I may have to give it a try

I'm happy that you can relate to this even after finish college and your degree

Bless you good sir! Keep up the good work

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join