It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for More Redistribution of Wealth, Declaring: ‘I Am My Brother’s Keeper’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
do poor morons still support giving money back to the rich? we all pay taxes and you can ask anyone from the rich to the poor and they will tell you they pay too much in taxes.

i love how people who probably make less than 50,000k / year are such ardent supporters of lower taxes for the rich.

why arent you complaining that you want to pay 15% in taxes?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

do poor morons still support giving money back to the rich? we all pay taxes and you can ask anyone from the rich to the poor and they will tell you they pay too much in taxes.

In ATS land...it is gospel my friend.

More tax breaks for billionaires and cuts in social programs for the middle class will bridge the gap! I'm sure of it! FREEDOM!!!
edit on 3-4-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i remember when ats wasnt a political septic tank of thought.

btw thanks for your support, i am one of the few middle class people left in the usa.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ryans plan would makes taxes 10% for those you speak of ...guess you didn't read it either. And its Obama plan that hurts the poor and elderly on medicare.

10 % tax rate for those making less than $100,000, and gets rid of all loopholes and deductions for the rich....if you read it you would have saw that.
edit on 3-4-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

isnt hanity on?

you do realize ryans plan has zero chance of passing. so why the hell do you bring it up?
quit acting like the repubs are going to fix a problem that both parties have ignored for too long.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I dont care whether he is rep or dem...his plan is the best out there especially since O's was voted down 414-0 and the dems refuse to put one out this year...how does that help?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
@David9176
@braindeadconservatives

What tax rates would fit your agendas ?

Individuals ?
Corporations ?

Assume that a 6% unemployment (including "unemployed" not receiving unemployment checks anymore) rate would be the norm.

Also figure in Medicare and S.S. tax rates.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Probably 100% tax of the rich just like FDR tried to do...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

so u will just settle for the best of the worst instead of demanding a solution that works for america? im not agreeing ryans plan has any merit.

please dont vote. thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So don't do anything...yeah that works...

I have to cancel out your vote.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I dont care whether he is rep or dem...his plan is the best out there especially since O's was voted down 414-0 and the dems refuse to put one out this year...how does that help?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

how do you know my vote wasnt to cancel yours. since u are rich ill bet you 10,000 dollars that your vote wont matter and obama will be president again.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Why do you ass-ume I am rich...I am a constitutionalist who believes in what America used to stand for before crazy liberal progressives starting with FDR, ruined it

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Why do you ass-ume I am rich...I am a constitutionalist who believes in what America used to stand for before crazy liberal progressives starting with FDR, ruined it

really? i thought you were just a moron.

/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sigh....

STOP the personal sniping.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

i am sorry but i was just throwing it back, imo.

Sorry, will not happen again.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
@David9176
@braindeadconservatives

Individuals ?
Corporations ?

Assume that a 6% unemployment (including "unemployed" not receiving unemployment checks anymore) rate would be the norm.

I would make the first $50,000 anyone makes non taxable

above that 20%

Then I would start taxing at $150,000 35%

Then, I would make it progressive maybe, .5% 2% per 1/2 or 1/4 million

Jumping up once again once we hit ten million and hundred million, etc

Key is, I would tax make the consumer base unburdened, non discretionary spending
would ensure everyone can survive better, need less government support; this would
increase liquidity because a majority of people spend the better part of their income
just to survive.

edit on 3-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

@David9176 @braindeadconservatives What tax rates would fit your agendas ?

Tariffs on ALL IMPORTS that are made with slave labor to encourage job growth here (by making it cheaper to produce here without draconian spending cuts at home), and it also punishes companies exploiting slave labor. I could accept a lower corporate tax rate ONLY if true FAIR TRADE IS IMPLEMENTED.

As for the rest, similar to the other poster.

The more you make, the higher the rate, individually....just as it has been for most of the last 60 years. If you are making minimum wage...you pay no income taxes. If you are poverty level, you pay no income taxes....and it goes up slightly and remain pretty much the same for the middle class as it stands....and increases from on up from there.

The important thing is too look at tax rates that worked in the past when our country and the middle class was the strongest......tax rates were far higher then. It was when Reagan came in cut taxes dramatically on the wealthy that the massive wealth gap began.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

i like your idea, its out of the box and could start a discussion that would really move our country forward.

something else needs to happen because the current model has killed the middle class and it doesnt seem to pull the poor out of poverty.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by xuenchen
@David9176
@braindeadconservatives

Individuals ?
Corporations ?

I would make the first $50,000 anyone makes non taxable

above that 20%

Then I would start taxing at $150,000 35%

Then, I would make it progressive maybe, .5% 2% per 1/2 or 1/4 million

Jumping up once again once we hit ten million and hundred million, etc

Key is, I would tax make the consumer base unburdened, non discretionary spending
would ensure everyone can survive better, need less government support; this would
increase liquidity because a majority of people spend the better part of their income
just to survive.

edit on 3-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

Makes some sense.

Thanks.

Corporations ?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join