It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the Justice System be considered a monopoly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hello ATS
So after my latest outrage over a red-light camera ticket(ran by a 10th of a second) and dealing with complicated,totally unuser-friendly automated operators,and having $400 of courtfees added onto my fine,and then being given a warrant for failure to pay with $1500 bail,my anger made me think....

The Justice System is a ##snip## Monopoly!!
THEY decide how much to fine people
THEY decide what your "courtfees" are,also without informing you that you will be charged for the MANDATORY service
THEY throw you in jail if you dont abide

My little $100 red light ticket which I didnt mind TOO much,jumped to a $500 fine and due to not being able to make a payment thanks to massive hour cuts at work ($180 paycheck,ballin right?),now am being considered a criminal for not being able to pay them money I don't have!

Thoughts?
edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Erase everything but the Constitution and start over.
That's my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Where was this at? I'll never visit the place.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Now are you more or less likely to speed/run red lights?

Sorry to hear about the financial fiasco.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Of course it's a monopoly! The whole system is a monopoly of the use of force! That's all it comes down to. They have all the guns and the "right" to use them! You have 2 options as I see it, fight them, or suck it up and pay them. There is info on how to go about dealing with these people all over the net. It's not an easy road though and contains hours of studying! It will almost always result in confrontation at some point too. So it's not to be taken lightly.

If you want to fight, google freeman on the land. There is no quick fix however!

They are the mafia at the end of the day, what do you expect?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Does anybody think its possible to claim a violation of my 8th Amendment rights by having excessive fines imposed on me?or is $400 not considered "excessive" enough,seems like it from where I'm standing :/

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
Does anybody think its possible to claim a violation of my 8th Amendment rights by having excessive fines imposed on me?or is $400 not considered "excessive" enough,seems like it from where I'm standing :/

Sorry but your right to be free from excessive bail, excessive fines or cruel and unusual punishments doesn't mention a sliding scale.

Most wouldn't feel $400 is excessive. A fine is punitive and meant to be inconvenient as a motivation to follow the law.

Truthfully, you put yourself in this position.

You ran a red light for whatever reason you have, fortunately nobody was going the other way.It doesn't matter whether it was a 10th of a second or 10 seconds, If somebody had been in the intersection you would have much bigger problems.

You failed to pay your fine in time for whatever reason, had a bench warrant issued and now have a larger fine.

Your best advice is to make reasonable payment arrangements and stick to them until your debt is paid and be more careful with both your driving and taking care of your business in the future.

Good luck

edit on 5-4-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

new topics

top topics

join