It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250m skyscraper in flames, Moscows tallest to be building

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I can't seem to find an update on this story.
I had the link from the source for the
web cam but now it isn't there. Could
someone supply the link for me please.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's been put out, rt.com...

A massive fire that engulfed Moscow’s Federation Tower for hours has been put out. Firefighters struggled to tackle the flames in a 300-square meter area of the under-construction skyscraper set to become Europe's tallest upon completion. The fire broke on the building's 67th floor (250 meters above the ground) and spread to several sections on the 66th and 65th floors.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's been put out, rt.com...

A massive fire that engulfed Moscow’s Federation Tower for hours has been put out. Firefighters struggled to tackle the flames in a 300-square meter area of the under-construction skyscraper set to become Europe's tallest upon completion. The fire broke on the building's 67th floor (250 meters above the ground) and spread to several sections on the 66th and 65th floors.

It doesn't matter... as long as it burned for more than two hours all the steel will melt... the foundation will crumble... the building will fall... and then they'll be finding molten pools in the basement for months to come...

For everyone that said "never forget" it's amazing how quickly people forget what happens when a tall building catches on fire...

Oh... never mind... looks like everyone remembers "what's supposed to happen" according to "the experts"...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

I'd be amazed if anybody actually believed that the towers crumbled in on themselves cause of a fire. But then again I've meet some pretty moronic people.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This was hoaxed though I don't see why and think there may be a link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
BREAKING United State's New Hero Vladimir Putin: Russia Issues International Arrest Warrant For Rothschild Henchman & Leftist Savior George Soros!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I see this thread was hijacked by a bunch of truther's, which is a shame.

Tell me one thing, maybe a few things.

Did this building get hit by a 300,000 to 400,000 pound 767 travelling at 500 mph?

Did this bulding sustain the same damage to the main support structure that was caused by a fully loaded 767 travelling at a high rate of speed?

Is this building constructed in the same manner, mainly a tubular design?

Seriously I came to this thread to hopefully learn something.

Unfortunately, as should have been expected, I found a thread with a bunch of ignorant posts from people that know nothing of what they are talking about.

Snf, op for the article.

edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: damageto the main support structure

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I see this thread was hijacked by a bunch of truther's, which is a shame.

Tell me one thing, maybe a few things.

Did this building get hit by a 300,000 to 400,000 pound 767 travelling at 500 mph?

Did this bulding sustain the same damage to the main support structure that was caused by a fully loaded 767 travelling at a high rate of speed?

Is this building constructed in the same manner, mainly a tubular design?

Seriously I came to this thread to hopefully learn something.

Unfortunately, as should have been expected, I found a thread with a bunch of ignorant posts from people that know nothing of what they are talking about.

Snf, op for the article.

edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: damageto the main support structure

"I see this thread was hijacked by a bunch of truther's, which is a shame."

But then you immediately turn into a raving OSer trying (and failing) to refute the 'truthers", so what is your point?

I'm not even going to refute your BS because you'll stick to the OS to your grave.

edit on 2-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

so what is your point?

I will repeat it for you, since you didn't understand the first time.

I found a thread with a bunch of ignorant posts from people that know nothing of what they are talking about.

This is you again, just for clarity.

I'm not even going to refute your BS because you'll stick to the OS to your grave.

You are not going to refute my "BS" because what I posted above is irrefutable. Unlike most of the posters/truthers such as yourself, I went to college for welding technologies. I understand how steel works. I work in the construction industry and I stare at I beams all day long. I understand that a structure is nothing but a bunch of connections that must operate within their design specifications to achieve structural integrity.......

I also understand that most of the BS(as you put it) comes from people such as yourself that has no clue as to what it takes for a superstructure to maintain it's integrity after such an obviously disasterous chain of events..

Refute that

The building in the OP is in no way comparable to the WTC.
edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: quotes around BS

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

For the 10000th time, WTC 7 was not hit by a plane. This moscow tower could come down at any second though watch out. It should come down in its own footprint, so people standing around need not worry.

edit on 2-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

WTC 7 was not hit by a plane.

Was it not hit by debris?

Was the Russian building hit by debris from a building collapsing right next to it?

It is like comparing apples to oranges. The only comparison is that they are fruits.

The only comparison for the buildings is, well, they are buildings.

There is not one shred of evidence that says otherwise.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by mayabong

WTC 7 was not hit by a plane.

Was it not hit by debris?

Was the Russian building hit by debris from a building collapsing right next to it?

It is like comparing apples to oranges. The only comparison is that they are fruits.

The only comparison for the buildings is, well, they are buildings.

There is not one shred of evidence that says otherwise.

Lets not give into the people trying to derail the thread. Sure a little 9/11 comment fits the topic but a whole discussion? This is one of the reason ATS has gone down hill.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

so what is your point?

I will repeat it for you, since you didn't understand the first time.

I found a thread with a bunch of ignorant posts from people that know nothing of what they are talking about.

This is you again, just for clarity.

You are not going to refute my "BS" because what I posted above is irrefutable. Unlike most of the posters/truthers such as yourself, I went to college for welding technologies. I understand how steel works. I work in the construction industry and I stare at I beams all day long. I understand that a structure is nothing but a bunch of connections that must operate within their design specifications to achieve structural integrity.......

I also understand that most of the BS(as you put it) comes from people such as yourself that has no clue as to what it takes for a superstructure to maintain it's integrity after such an obviously disasterous chain of events..

Refute that

The building in the OP is in no way comparable to the WTC.
edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: quotes around BS

Way to continue the exact behavior you were complaining about in your first post! I think most of the 9/11 comments were meant as jokes in light of a bad situation. When I first saw the pictures, my thoughts when to 9/11 before I ever read a comment, and I bet yours did, too.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. I wonder how they managed to put it out finally. It's difficult to put out a fire that high. Hope no one was hurt.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Lets not give into the people trying to derail the thread.

I agree, but this thread was derailed from the very first reply post. I take this subject a little serious. That is why I have not ventured into the 9/11 forum for a while, I get a little fired up. I can sum it up in one word....Ignorance.

Sure a little 9/11 comment fits the topic but a whole discussion?

I went back and looked at the replies. The whole discussion is on 9/11, with the exception of a few posts. I feel that I have a right to defend myself.

This is one of the reason ATS has gone down hill.

I can sum this up in one word, as to why ATS has gone down hill.

Rationality, or lack of.

I agree with you post though.

To go back on topic of the OP I thought I would add some info about the building.

On April 2, 2012 a massive fire broke out on the 67th floor of the unfinished building (250 meters above the ground) and spread to several sections on the 66th and 65th floors.[3] Russian Authorities are reporting that the damage may cause the building to collapse. Fire firefighters and military personnel are currently battling the blaze, and latest reports are that is now contained nearly four hours after it erupted.

hmm, it may collapse

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Way to continue the exact behavior you were complaining about in your first post!

I feel that I have a right to defend myself from irrational attacks.

I have contributed in my last post.

It seems that the authorities are concerned about the building collapsing, which in turn goes against half of the posts in this thread. Joking or not.

edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

At least they got the fire under control, I wonder what the cause of it was?

If the fire had started at the base of the building it probably would have collapsed I'm guessing. But since it was only the top 3 floors and maybe a little bit more, I don't think we have much to worry about in terms of the whole building coming down.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

I agree and I truly am not trying to derail your thread. I really do get a little fired up on the topic.

I apologize for that.

It looks like the building is being/has been designed pretty tough.

Construction

The construction of this tower happens to be the second stage of the entire complex construction, and during the construction of the first tower "Zapad (West)", its design underwent some significant changes and became radically different from the original version. In the first place, the square footage of the floors changed, and visually the tower became thicker at the base to the extent that a part of the floors, starting with the 11th, protrude a little beyond the 13th lot borderline. The tower core was significantly revised, too, and now has a trapezoidal shape rather than hexagonal as in the earlier design. The load bearing columns became twice as thick; therefore, the amount of concrete required for the construction of the columns increased 4 times, and, consequently, significantly increased the total mass of the building.

According to the builder of the tower, the company Potok, it uses for its construction concrete grade B90, which is twice as strong as regular concrete and will allow the skyscraper to withstand a direct hit of an aircraft.

link

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What amazes me is that nobody on this number 1 conspiracy website on google noticed that Moscow is now European. Wow. Last I heard Russia was east of eastern Europe

Oopps. My bad, Moscow is technically in Europe. I guess my perception of Europe did not include the capital city of Mother Russia. Am I the only one?
edit on 3-4-2012 by ProfATS because: Woooops

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

At least they got the fire under control, I wonder what the cause of it was?

I'm putting my money on John McClane.

Cool pictures, hope everyone is ok!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by ProjectBlue

Way to continue the exact behavior you were complaining about in your first post!

I feel that I have a right to defend myself from irrational attacks.

I have contributed in my last post.

It seems that the authorities are concerned about the building collapsing, which in turn goes against half of the posts in this thread. Joking or not.

edit on 2-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

You remind me of the type of guy that goes to a bar... tells a guy's girlfriend she's ugly... tosses a drink in the guy's face... gets knocked to the ground like a little girl... then tosses the victim card...

Your screen name says it all... you have no use for "truthers" or the truth because lies are like smack to you... at least you're up front about what people should expect from you...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
dont compare this to 911.

dont you know new york has its own laws of physics

edit on 3-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join