It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Oakland, Calif. school shooting. (Oikos University)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by starviego

Your signature: Jeff was a member here, wasn't he?

He was.

I'd suspect there are a few psychopaths in our ranks.

I would even suggest that there are more here than you would find on the average forum, just based on the subject material.

I can see what you're saying re: subject matter, especially since we've had our fair share, including Loughner.
I just don't think we can diagnose mental illness after the subject is dead.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by starviego

He was.

I'd suspect there are a few psychopaths in our ranks.

I would even suggest that there are more here than you would find on the average forum, just based on the subject material.

I can see what you're saying re: subject matter, especially since we've had our fair share, including Loughner.
I just don't think we can diagnose mental illness after the subject is dead.

It's a pretty safe bet that the feds are monitoring this site for just that reason.

Didn't know that Loughner was a member too.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's a pretty safe bet that the feds are monitoring this site for just that reason.

Yep, his profile is still here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wow, 130 posts, 4 threads, no flags, 3 stars.

He wasn't very popular, that's good to know.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting thing. Look the definition of psychopathy. There isn't one. Just a prejudice. Science does not approve of such definition.

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2] from the Ancient Greek ψυχή "psyche", -soul and πάθος "pathos" -passion) is a personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for the rights of others and the rules of society. Psychopaths have a total lack of empathy and remorse, and have very shallow emotions. They are generally regarded as callous, selfish, dishonest, arrogant, aggressive, impulsive, irresponsible, and hedonistic.

There is no consensus about the symptom criteria for psychopathy, and no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis of "psychopathy" itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a dangerous game. Behavior of these so called "psychopaths" is very predictable and they follow strict protocol, which results in a very common solution: Destroy those who are not obeying you! This world is full to the brim of such disordered people.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes he was, and it's too bad he wasn't able to move quickly enough to escape the clutches of special ops.

edit on 3-4-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Not to sound completely ignorant, but who is Loughner?

As a teacher, I don't think arming teachers would do a lot of good. To react in an effective manner while under fire: wouldn't that require special and intense training?

On a very sad note, my school actually holds two "shooter" drills every year. In one scenario we hide in the classroom, the other we run in a zigzag pattern to one of several safe areas.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The shooter in Tucson.
He shot Gaby Giffords.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by smyleegrl

The shooter in Tucson.
He shot Gaby Giffords.

He is alleged to have shot Congresswoman Giffords. Still unexplained by police is why they had more bullet holes in victims and walls than Loughner had bullets in his gun.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Columbine was unique in that it involved a pair of shooters, this was due to a pairing behavior where a depressive / passive (Klebold) chooses to follow a psychopath (Harris). This weird bond is not unheard of among "partners in crime" though a male and female couple is much more common.

I think you've been reading Cullen?
Dylan Klebold was no passive depressive.
He had been talking about going NBK long before Harris even moved to Colorado.
Both were equally involved.

Cullen is just one source among many, I've also read the complete case files, govt and law enforcement reports and have an ongoing dialogue w/ various people at the FBI who were involved in the case and several others. My research is actually on undetected serial killers but one of the best ways to study violent psychopaths is via school shootings for several reasons:
1. Most of the participants have had long histories w/ law enforcement and mental health treatment
2. They tend to document their motivations, planning and methods
3. The incidents generate a huge amount of documentation after the fact. Law enforcement will assign dozens of investigators from multiple agencies to school shootings in an effort to find indicators to detect future school shooters before they act.

I have to disagree with you about Klebold. While he was an almost equal participant of the actual incident he had to be constantly "handled" by Harris in the years leading up to the attack and tried to blow the whistle on Harris a couple of times. Of course, this was at a point where Klebold could still deny being part of the plot, once he was on video and had exchanged written plan materials with Harris he stopped any semblance of resistance.

Columbine is a tough one to use for study purposes though. The media got almost everything wrong as did some members of the local police, you have to read carefully and look for multiple sources for everything.

What I still find interesting about it is the number of witnesses who will swear to this day that other people were involved and seen participating. While you can explain away quite a few statements there are at least 5-6 I still wonder about.
edit on 4-4-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Interestingly, police claim they haven't found the murder weapon yet--described as a .45 cal semi automatic. Despite being described as 'cooperative,' cops claim One L. Goh hasn't told them how or where he got rid of it.

Maybe they really did find the gun but it traces back to "Operation Fast and Furious," and they need time to come up with a substitute.

7 Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting At Oakland Religious School; Gunman In Custody « CBS San Francisco
Police believe Goh used a handgun, and a weapon was recovered at the scene, he(Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan) said.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He very well may have more than 1, most of these dudes do. The rare incident where there was very little planning or a parents weapon was used are the exception. I believe the Virginia shooter had trouble obtaining weapons.

Just like violent Sociopaths, it's rare to catch one of these guys alive once they act out. It's the one area they differ from serial killers, most of them want the attention and seem to want to be caught, become infamous, etc.

That's really weird about the gun in this case though, the police do have dogs trained to find weapons so I find it very hard to believe they have not recovered the 45. I wonder if the shooter was using modified ammo or a modified pistol?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The murder weapon has been found:

www.deseretnews.com...
Police have recovered the gun they believe was used by a disgruntled former nursing student who went on a killing spree at a small private Christian university in East Oakland, authorities said.
The .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol was found Friday morning in a marshy tributary exposed by low tide. The spot is not on the stretch of the Oakland Estuary that police had been searching since Tuesday.
Officers were alerted to the new location after a passer-by found a gun magazine Thursday night, authorities said. The weapon, was found nearby along the shoreline Friday morning.
Police said the serial number on the weapon found matched the purchase records of the gun One L. Goh bought from a Castro Valley gun shop six weeks ago.
....He reloaded at least once, and prosecutors say he brought at least four magazines with him.

-----------------

From the school's website:

www.insidebayarea.com...
"We believe (in) the existence of a personal, malevolent being called Satan who acts as tempter and accuser, for whom the place of eternal punishment was prepared, where all who die outside of Christ shall be confined in conscious torment for eternity."

/

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There are still unresolved questions on this shooting. First, why did Goh not tell the police where he ditched the gun? He was described as cooperative and admitted the whole shooting. Was it just good luck that an unnamed 'passerby' found the magazine which led to the discovery of the handgun nearby?

From the released police logs, it sounds like the shooter was still on scene when the cops arrived, which raises questions as to how the gunman managed to get away, or whether there were two shooters.

www.mercurynews.com...

Log 2
0:40: Code 3 Edgewater and rolling. Oakland fire on scene.
1:52: The shooter's name might be Y-nell.
3:11: .... We're getting information that the suspect is in there reloading. You got that?
4:36: The suspect is armed with a small handgun.
6:27: Be advised we have live fire. Copy. Live fire. ... We need entry to make contact with the shooter. ... I need at least three officers there so we can stack up and to make an active entry. We have an active shooter ... We have four units in front now ... We have established a point of entry... And we have the officers here ready to go in. (Editor's note: Officers later surmised the shooter was gone by the time they arrived.)

There a problems with the motive, too. Goh allegedly told police the primary target was intended to be a woman with whom he had no dispute:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2012/04/06/BAGA1O000M.DTL&feed=rss.news
--Sources say Goh, 43, told police he was trying to find Wonja Kim, the former assistant director of the nursing program, when he went to the school Monday morning. ...
Kim, who left her assistant director's post last year, said Friday she has no idea why she would have been Goh's target. She said she believed she was not involved in any dispute about fees.
"I never dealt with him and never heard anything about him not getting money back," said Kim, who stressed that she was working only once or twice a week at the school before leaving in November.
Kim said she has "no idea" why Goh might have been after her. "I had left already."

/

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join