It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Oakland, Calif. school shooting. (Oikos University)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com... live

ABC7: Four people being treated at Highland Hospital in Oakland

Seems like things are starting to lighten up a little on the scene,

Latest is that there is a possible 5 deaths, there going room to room in search of any more victims,
edit on 2-4-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just to update, the death toll has sadly reached 6,

My thoughts are with the family's of the students killed and those affected by today's event,

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oakland police confirms that 7 dead in school shooting

www.bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the ongoing updates!! I just got wind of this in an email. Naturally, I come to ATS for better info.

Very sad case. Let's just hope the media can keep its nose clean long enough to get ALL of the facts straight before they start to assign their own profile and details to the alleged shooter and what political party he belonged to.

Just makes you wonder what could possibly be going through someones head to drive them to do such a thing.

Just another reason to allow legal concealed carry license holders to carry their weapons on college campuses. Perhaps this shooter could have been stopped before the death toll reached 7. Sorry for the politics, but it is a frustrating concern especially on larger and more urban campuses.
edit on 2-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

wow I just got on ATS and starting reading this..

Can't believe this just happened....

How can somebody do that ? If you don't like it here get rid of yourself, don't take others away from this experience, it's just not fair.

What a horrible person.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Did this happen at some religious institution ? I can't help but be reminded of the recent french incident. Very unsettling indeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

It happened at a school.

These wingnuts like schools because they know they'll have the only gun on the property.

They're cowards who aren't looking for a fight, they want a turkey shoot.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What the hell is with all the school shootings? Is MKultra still active or something? It just doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Checked CNN and saw the story. Heres a vid

edit on 2-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I live next to Oakland, next door basically. I'll try to post updates as the truthful ones come out... update: suspect was apprehended in a grocery store not too far away..

edit on 2-4-2012 by sacraficiallamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

edit on 2-4-2012 by sacraficiallamb because: double post sry..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Motive? i'm thinking it was bad chinese food
or exam grade
I doubt the grown man was getting *bullied*
to the point of shooting people at
a univ.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Motive? Most likely just another mentally ill nut. Happens several times a year.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Would you like to take a trip to Northern California and make that comment?

This is a serious issue, get your Zimmerman avatar outta here.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Someone who made another thread about this, asked why it happened.

I am inclined to believe that these incidents are not due to someone just "flipping out," or due to any normal circumstances in the perpetrators' lives. I think they are orchestrated by the intelligence community, in order to influence public opinion in the area of gun control.

Governments want to disarm populations. They use these incidents as part of the problem, reaction, solution game, in order to get laws passed which allow them to do so. Go and read about the superb marksmanship which was supposedly demonstrated by Martin Bryant, the alleged perpetrator of the Port Arthur Massacre in Tasmania, Australia. It was completely impossible for him to have done what was claimed.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Update:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2012/04/02/BABJ1NTM3Q.DTL&tsp=1
the suspect is 43-year-old One Goh of Oakland. The suspect used a .45-caliber handgun, spraying a classroom with gunfire and firing additional shots as he ran out, said the source...
Paul Singh, 20,...said his sister, Dawinder Kour, 19, was attending her nursing class when the shooter burst through the door.
"He grabbed a lady that was filing, and brought her in and said everybody get against the board," Singh said...
Authorities captured Goh more than five miles away in an Alameda shopping mall an hour after the shooting.
...Angie Johnson, 52, ...said while she waited for medical attention the woman told her the shooter was a man in her nursing class who rose up and shot one person at point blank range in the chest before he started spraying the room with bullets.
"She said he looked crazy all the time," Johnson said the victim told her, "But they never knew how far he would go." ...At the South Shore shopping center in Alameda, police taped off a portion of the parking lot and appeared to focus their attention on a parked blue Honda Accord...
Lisa Resler, 41, was shopping with her 4-year-old daughter when she saw a security guard and Alameda police detaining the suspect outside the Safeway store. The man appeared "very sedated" and "looked so out of it," Resler said. She described him as an Asian male who was wearing a beanie and khaki pants.

-------------------

Prediction;

The man will have had a history with the mental health system, and will have gone to a state, like Arizona, that will not have required a background check as to his psychiatric history, to acquire his weapons legally. This will lead to a push to federalize all gun laws.
edit on 2-4-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There seem to be two versions developing of how this started:

www.insidebayarea.com...
(1) A former nursing student who opened fire ... first told his former classmates to line up against a wall before pulling a handgun and sending students fleeing in panic, a witness said.

(2) Some witnesses said that a victim who had fled the building told them the shooter was in the classroom, stood up and shot another student in the chest, and then opened fire on the rest of the classroom.

Authorities said most of those killed and wounded had been in a classroom near the school's entrance; one was shot in an administrative office.
edit on 2-4-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Don't you think its ironic how the feds were down the road too busy raiding The Oaksterdam school, to help deal with a deadly shooting that might hit double digits? Shows where their priority's lie what a waste of resources.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thank you for posting this. I was signed in and was able to check in with my family in the area thanks to your timely posting.

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Some people, reading news like this, make sure friends and family in the area are ok. Some people say a prayer for the victims. Some people go about their day, as it doesn't really involve them.
You read this and choose to post a crude, rude 'joke'. Disgusting.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think it is time to implement tougher gun control laws.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join