learn more

6.3 in Mexico

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
news.blogs.cnn.com...

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.3 struck in the Mexican state of Oaxaca on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said. The quake's epicenter was about 17 miles (27 km) from Ometepec, Guerrero. It was about 7.6 miles (12 km) deep, the USGS said. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

Another quake in Mexico, no surprise there seems like this really is an everyday thing now. Not too big and nobody was hurt, but people have to be taking notice of this. I'm waiting for another big one on the East coast the last one in Virginia, I could feel up in Pennsylvania and it was only a 5.8
edit on 2-4-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

preliminary magnitude of 6.3
reply to post by Brandon88

Until they decide what they want to tell us.

S is HTF bud.

Thanx for the info.

Watch the west coast!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Why are you waiting for or expecting another big one on the east coast? Do you have some evidence activity is ramping up near or at the epicenter of the last quake?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

No just stating opinion because that's what it seems like to me. I put this solely here for people to have the information and interpret it as they want.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Oh, I was just wondering, because some of us who sometimes report in on the alternative method of predicting quakes thread have been feeling for some time that that big VA one might not have finished shaking out all the stresses yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm personally shocked that California has yet to be hit yet with a 5.8+ mag... all the stresses are built up so strongly.. The small plate moving northeast may be helping a bit, but it's only a matter of time...

Just be ready.. it WILL happen some day.. always have a plan ready. Especially if you have kids!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I wouldn't surprised if the VA one wasn't finished yet. It seems like most of the world is experiencing moderate quakes on a daily basis and the U.S. is the only one that doesn't seem to be getting them. So maybe pressures building up like a stuck cog or something and eventually its going to slip and we'll see a pretty serious one.

top topics

join