It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had something strange happen to me last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was sitting at my desk working on a letter, and for some reason, I thought it was 2007, and wrote the date as 2007. It took a moment for me to sort of snap out of it and remember it was 2012.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I was not sleepy, or stressed out. Not sure why this happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I freaked out the other day, I typed my maiden name and Ive been married since 1998 lol. It actually scared me a little like, why did I do that?, I am a total hypochondriac so I did a full out search on the net to find out why, scared my self some more lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I hit reply too early, you know when you said you were typing a letter, a lot of times when we are deep in thought we do stuff like that, like when I was typing and I put my maiden name in and don't be afraid of the feeling of it taking a bit to snap out of it, that's what worried me too when I did it, it wasnt the initial mess up it was the snapping out of it, we may of been so deep in what we were doing that the focus of it just made us have a brain fart.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, it was so strange because without a thought, I wrote "April 1, 2007". And I began to think about things that were happening in my life in 2007. For a brief moment I thought it was, then I sort of snapped out of it.

Whatever you do, don't look up medical symptoms on the internet, because everything will come up with the worst case scenario, and then anxiety sets in lol

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Your brain has time travelled...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren

Whatever you do, don't look up medical symptoms on the internet, because everything will come up with the worst case scenario, and then anxiety sets in lol

you are not kidding, it scared the daylights out of me, seriously I amost started crying. Someone should make software that can block hypochondriac's like me from searching lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
LOL...The same thing happened to me a while back, for a few days during 2010, I was convinced it was 2011. I was freaking out because I had not made any preparations for a SHTF scenario. I got myself all into a panicked frizzle until I realized 2011 was like a year away. I smoked way too much pot at the time. I don't smoke pot anymore... I don't miss the mental fog and paranoia that comes with it, feeling much better and clear headed now, thank goodness. (I'm not dissing on pot smokers, I just finally realized it does me more harm than good personally.)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

I dont have an explanation but something like his happened to me one time. I was supposed to sign my name on a list but i couldnt right my name, every time i would try i would just write the word "listen". It took me about seven attempts to finally stop writing the word listen and write my name. Spooky huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This may have been what it referred to as a "time slip". I was listening to an interview with Von Braschler on Coast to Coast AM last night who just happened to be discussing time slips. Apparently they are more common than you'd think. Isn't synchronicity weird? I've had this happen a few times now. I'll be reading or listening to an interview about something, then a day or two later I'll see a thread about it on here

Here's some info on time slips for you: en.wikipedia.org...

Plenty of other info out there. Just Google it.

Edit: This is one of the most notable incidents of a time slip.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join