It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You just might be a Nationalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Do you believe Palestinians have the right to preserve their heritage and repel Jewish imperialism? Or, conversely, do you believe Jews have the right to a sovereign state in order to prevent persecution and to protect their unique ethnic and religious identity? Do you believe the indigenous American Indians, the Maori, the Australian Aboriginals had the right to fight against European colonialist exploits? If yes, you are doing so on Nationalist grounds: every ethnic group has the right to exist; every ethnic group has the right to self determination. Don't pick and choose who this right belongs to - it should belong to all peoples that wish for it.

Found this gem while surfing the internet. He certainly has a way with words and intellectually destroys everyone who attempts to discredit him on his videos.

He makes some excellant points. i agree wholeheartedly with everything he states. but do you ?
Before the accusations of racism occur, think before you type because not one racist thing has been said and if you think so please state exactly where. anwyay enjoy.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The history of the humanity is one of groups of people dominating and/or exterminating other groups of people. If you are on the winning side, you justify it with notions such as "Manifest Destiny" or "We are God's Chosen People". If you are on the losing side, you use perpetual victimhood claims and/or revenge to try and achieve your ends. Both are manufactured (the losing side would do the same if the tables are turned). At the end of the day, it is best to make sure you are on the winning side and make the best of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hmm, I dunno. While I agree with sovereignty, which can be a loaded term in itself, every situation one encounters cannot be based on absolutes in my honest opinion. Principles that uphold what is RIGHT based on the facts of the particular situation are absolute, therefore that is what I would use to make a judgement. Does that make sense?

But of course the inherent problem is that what is "right," while absolute, is only so for oneself. There is always a "right" choice to be made, even if one can only choose the lesser evil in a given situation. But differentiating and sorting all of this out is a challenge, and our species does not and can not get it right all the time. I know I am not addressing your claims head on, but rather from an angle, and from a distance as well, lol.

I am not totally disagreeing with you...I just want it to be known that I do not KNOW what is right in each of these situations, but I do know for a fact that just because I feel something is right or wrong does not make it so across humanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This guy is spot on. The same people who are banging on about the Palestinians will certainly have a pop at him though, and label him a "racist", simply because they don't have the gray matter between their ears to see that he's 100% correct.

top topics

join