It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tale of Time Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The year was 1990. My son had just turned one. My wife, son and I had just returned home from the grocery store and I noticed a couple of older ladies standing on the front porch as we drove around the corner to the side/back door. I walked into the house and heard a knocking at the front door - which turned out to be the two older ladies (probably in their seventies).
We greeted each other pleasantly and they introduced themselves as friends of a lady who used to live at the house many years ago (in the 60's). They asked me if they could come in and take a tour of the house as they used to love coming to visit her and tour the house when she owned it. The house was built in the late 19th century and was quite large by todays standards. Being the pleasant and loving man I am, I agreed to let them come in and told them I would be more than happy to give them a tour and show them what I had fixed/changed.
As time went on and we toured the house probably about twenty minutes had gone by and I started to realize I hadn't heard my wife or son come inside yet. I figured, at the time, that they had creeped in without me knowing as the kitchen was directly inside the back door. We continued with the tour - heading upstairs. The old ladies seemed very delighted with what I had done and they even showed me a couple of things that their friend had done back in the 60's. They regaled me with stories of card playing and even cocktail parties

Finally, after around 40-45 minutes we said our goodbyes and I told them to come back anytime they wished for lunch or coffee or whatever they wished. I went into the kitchen and open the refrigerator - expecting groceries. It was still fairly empty. I began thinking where the %$#@ are my wife and son!?
I looked outside and my wife was unbuckling my son from the back of the car. I walked outside and asked what could have possibly taken so long to unbuckle my son and bring in groceries.

"Taken so long?" My wife asked, "What do you mean? It's only been a few seconds."

I ran around to the front of the house to see if the slow-moving older ladies were walking down the street. It was empty. I spent the better part of an hour giving a tour to spirits in just a couple seconds.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderTurboLover

very interesting story. Do you remember any smells associated with the encounter?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Nothing unusual. Just the "older" house smell.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderTurboLover

I was thinking about the ladies. Was there anything unusual about them that you didn't notice then, but remember now?

It's a very interesting thing, and time travel/displacement is mind blowing stuff. Plus the way you told the story, you seem very sincere.

Deja-vu is the closest I have come to the stuff you are describing here.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Quite honestly, everything seemed normal. Their clothes - brown jackets with long dresses and black shoes. Their dialect - nothing unusual. No "old" vocabulary per se. Their hair styles - grey tied back in buns. Everything about them made me believe I was giving a tour to two REAL ladies.

The one thing that strikes me is that I never shook hands with them. Generally, I shake hands with everyone when greeting and parting but it never struck me to do so that moment.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I will take that face value, since ridicule is no fun.

Now times are either changing, as in this kind of weirdness is happening more often, along with other weirdnesses. Or stuff like this has always been there...but rarely shared for society damage control, and lack of the glorious Internet information sharing revolution.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Was anything moved in the home when you showed them the home? If so did you notice if it was still moved after the fact? You could also check out some of their stories that they told to see if they are real and true about the home.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Neither I nor they touched or moved anything. They pointed at many things and said things like "XXXXX used to have a beautiful armoire here!"

For a few days afterwards I thought I saw movement out of the corner of my eyes - as if someone was moving something or dusting. Other than that, they never came back HOWEVER I did see an actual apparition about seven years later. The back room had a very large mirror in it and I found myself glancing in it as I walked by only to catch a translucent woman walking into the next room. She turned and looked at me for a moment, smiled and I was completely filled with peace and euphoria. I hastily followed her but she was gone.

I thought about those women immediately after and wondered if that was their friend. We moved five years ago into a newer house. I felt nothing but peace and comfort in that home and it is interesting to note that the new owner tried (and failed) to commit suicide three times.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That's a very interesting story. Thank you for sharing it. I love reading about people's experiences with time slips or whatever you want to call them.... anomalies I guess.

top topics

join