It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would be interested in participating in a million human march!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
as the trayvon martin/ george zimmerman seems to be dividing our country i think its time for a million human march! i dont think the word race or racism should be used but we should do it with people of all sexual identities, races, religions, sexual preferences and political leanings, the march should be done as a sign of tolerance and unity of the human race! i would be willing to bet there are more tolerant people than are intolerant. we need to show the world that we are not as divided as one might think. i think this would be a great opportunity for the united states to show the world our true colors, we are the united states and we need to move towards a future of us all getting along and loving one another despite our differences. all in favor say aye all not in favor should be rounded up and put in a time machine back to the cave man days!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Nice idea. You would first need to develop the antidote to apathy to garner any significant support.

It's so sad...but, I think true. Apathy is the downfall of societies.

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i think we could pull it off and i think it would be the biggest march in the history of the planet. i'm sure a bunch of intolerant people are probably puking in their mouths at the thought of having to rub elbows with all the diversity that there would be in the march lol!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

How would you go about implementing the march? Unless it spontaneously took off on it's own, it would need massive amounts of planning, marketing....how would you do it. I wish you would, we need something like this.

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i have no freaking clue lol but it would be awe inspiring and push our way of thinking in a positive direction. if civil rights leaders were the organizers that would hurt the message, it would have to be organized by leaders of all the opposing factions, democrats, republicans, jews, muslims, blacks, whites, legals, illegals, gay, straight, christians, devil worshippers etc etc we would all have to set aside our differences in the hopes of ending intolerance and loving thy neighbor.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The people that need diversity the most are the ones who can't even get along with there own kind.

Master getting along with your neighbors before trying to get along with other diverse populations.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It could be pulled off but dare I say nothing long term would come from it...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Marches and protests never accomplish anything but make a huge mess and makes things worse.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Very high unemployment these days in the Obama economy.

With so many unemployed people it might be doable....especially if you use Louis Farakhan's math.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
eventually after all the interracial marriages and globalization the race thing wont be as big of a factor.
sexual orientation and religious/political differences will be the hard ones to end.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So who's gonna make an original Youtube video, create the Facebook page, Twitter account, set the date, the time, the location(s), and promote the event? I'm up for helping, but we need a foundation.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

its not so much the march that i think will solve the problem but a change in our way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What would jesus do?

reminds me of this picture where jesus says, "now here is an idea, you love the like i loved you and worry about me judging them" then the people ask "what if they are gay or muslim"? to which jesus responds "DID I STUTTER"!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
What would jesus do?

reminds me of this picture where jesus says, "now here is an idea, you love the like i loved you and worry about me judging them" then the people ask "what if they are gay or muslim"? to which jesus responds "DID I STUTTER"!!!!

with this line of thinkin we would even have to invite the intolerant people, jesus did say love everyone. so i would invite the intolerant people too in the hopes that we could all open a dialogue with eachother. the million human march would have to include everyone of all shapes and colors and maybe just maybe we could all just get along!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's been done before in Europe, 1 million people marched for "No war on Iraq" in London 2003... I remember it well although I wasn't a participant, I think Rome had a 3 million person march, biggest ever.

See it can be done if your country doesn't suffer from apathy..... problem is.... it changed nothing, but it sent a message at least.

The British Stop the War Coalition (StWC) held a protest in London which it claimed was the largest political demonstration in the city's history. Police estimated attendance as well in excess of 750,000 people[30] and the BBC estimated that around a million attended. The protest was organised under the slogan "No war on Iraq - freedom for Palestine".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Can I just use the time machine, cave man days sound like home, No government lol

new topics

top topics

join