It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatja Paying per gallon /Litre Now>

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
About a $1.30cdn per litre, so with US gallon to litre conversion of 3.78541:1 and basically an on par conversion rate between cdn an us dollars, I get $4.92 per us gallon. Now if it was Imperial gallons like it used to be, that would be $1.30 x 4.56 or $5.92 per imperial gallon.

It's pretty disgusting that we are so much higher in price than the US considering the US gets a lot of their oil from us. BUT ESPECIALLY BECAUSE of our bogus government and PetroCan. Remember that originally "crown corporation" that was going to keep the gas prices stable. What a load a BS. Of course it dropped out of the gaping yaw of politicians. Speaking of which, Harper didn't get his campaign promises again, at least none that really mattered. Economy is still pooched and unemployment in real terms is still above 27%.

If ya can't beat 'em.... charge 'em with treason and hang 'em I guess.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

im paying $2.20 nzd here in north island of new zealand. have no idea what it converts to in gallons but seems more expensive than elsewhere

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We're up to 1.80€/L or 9.60$/gallon here in Finland. Prices are set to go up shortly too. Should be fun! I think we're going to see more cyclists than ever this year. It's about time too.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Midlands UK

£1.40 p/lt x 4.56 = £6.38 ($9. 895 gal @ £1 = $1.55)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's £1.48 for a litre of diesel in Glos. now.
Bloody disgusting.
What's worse is that it now costs 76 quid a year to tax my Harley and almost 190 to tax my car.
I'm sick of all this, pay more, get less. All the time.
The way its going I may just turn gypsy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
We just filled my car up, '98 Mustang 5spd. It was 3.97 per gallon for the low grade and it took about $53 bucks to fill the car up. It lasts a week it seems but I am driving a lot more than I usually do with my fiancee home. Usually I fill up every other week.

I don't remember prices last summer here to be honest. They are just high to me, anything over 3 bucks is too damn high!

I am in Central Florida on the east coast.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I live in Southwestern Ontario .. . just across the border from Detroit so I've got it pretty good.

Regular 87 octane in Windsor is going for $1.329 per litre as of this morning. That equates to about $5.03 per US gallon.

Regular 87 octane just across the border ($4 toll, then a five minute bridge trip) is going for $3.94 per US gallon. That makes it about $1.039 per litre. I have to say, while gas prices have averaged about $1.32 in Windsor for the past six months, only recently did the price shoot up in Detroit. Prior to last week, it was running about $3.75 a US gallon or about 98.9 cents per litre.

Anyhoots . . . based on now and given my car takes 70 litres to fill (usually once a week), I save about $13 a week on gas (that considers the $8 bucks in tolls as well).

I also have a car that runs on 93 . . . In Windsor, that's $1.54/litre. Doing the math on the US side, I'm paying about $1.07 a litre. Weekly savings there is about $22 a week, considering the toll I pay to get across the Detroit River by bridge.

Now, while I'm across the creek, I also pick up a carton of smokes for $37 bucks (compared to $68 in Windsor) and a case of beer (they sell Canadian at the duty free) for $20 instead of the $46 I pay in Windsor.

So, on each trip, I save about $90 bucks a week doin' a gas/beer/smokes run.

If you add in the groceries I buy while I'm there (boneless chicken breast at $1.87/lb compared to $3.99/lb in Windsor, milk at $2.49/four litres instead of the $4.99 in Windsor . . . cheese at half the price . . . and I'm saving more than $5,000 per year just by going across to get my regular stuff.

Sorry for the digression.

Anyhow . . . back to the original point . . . In Windsor, I'm paying $1.329/litre. In Detroit, I'm paying $1.039/litre.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Here in The Netherland people with a car are screwed compared to the US..

Today (April 3rd 2012) the average gas-price for one litre is 1.75 euro.

1 Euro = 1.33 dollar 1.75 euro = 2.33 dollar

1 US Gallon = 3.785 litre

1 Gallon benzine (gas) will cost a car owner in The Netherlands 8.8 dollars.

Here I have a diagram of how the gas price is "fabricated". Unfortunately the language used is dutch but I can explain to you that the red and orange is government tax.....which is a wopping 86 % of the total price. This diagram is from 2005 but I can assure you it will be not much different than today .

My advice for americans who still want to realise the american dream....start selling economic small cars with the best possible service.

edit on 3/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Im paying $3.59 cents per gallon, I totally disagree with the 10 cent raise in price if you use a debit card, or Credit card. we have to pay interest on our credit card, on top of what the gas companies add another 10 cents, so really if im using my credit card ( very rarely) then i would put the cost up about 50 cents, to around $4.10, EVIL Gas companies

and I live in the south, where usually the gas is cheaper, due to the pipe line that runs close to our city, and im close enough to the refineraries down in Texas, I feel really bad for the people up north, paying a lot more
edit on 3-4-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join