It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatja Paying per gallon /Litre Now>

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The last thread on gasoline prices overall was last year at this time,,,,
The price of fuel is putting peoples livelihoods at risk.
I pay 1.39 can for a litre = 4.5 x 1.39= per imp gallon.....this is 6.26 can bucks.....
Vide by four fifths to get US gals and we pay about 500 and change for a gallon US minus exchange its a bit more....ah to hell with it they are equal right now more or less.......
soooooo
here on rainy vancouver island, about midway north...i pay about500 per US gallon for gas.....
What id like to hear is actually what everyone else is paying.......by areas
US Canada UK anywhere right now...whatcha payin?
We should be aware of what others are paying for fuel to put the whole thing in proper perspective.
Here, this price per gallon is about the saame for diesel so the truckers must be not too happy about it.
Englands fuel lorrys are contemplating striking for higher wages....they are going under they say......
They are also determined enough to threaten worse than what occurred in 200 when they went out.
Would like to hear any truckers tales of fuel prices as opposed to profits earned....
I hope we can come to som,e understanding of what we are facing together as a people not aa country.
After all the OIL cos are international, and so are their customers US!
If we cannot see price diferentials we cant see price fixing either..........

edit on 2-4-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
1.84 euro / litre in Holland.
I think that's about (too lazy to calculate) 9.60 dollar/gallon.
But at least most people drive fuel efficient cars so in the end it doesn't really matter IMO.
My car does about 1 litre / 20 km. And you can buy even better today, like 1 litre / 30km.
Like the Kia Rio:

Nice looking enough, fast enough and very fuel efficient (and even 7 years warrenty).
edit on 2-4-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Last time I checked it was like 3.85/gal. I'm in southern Wisconsin. This could be different now though it's been a couple of days since I've been to the gas station and it's not something I keep up on all that much.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its about 3 quid a pint for what I drink, so about 24 quid a gallon

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Go here, and you can see what everyone in the United States and Canada is paying.

Gas Buddy

Don't know if they have this map for Europe or not, haven't looked.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Klassified thanks! thats an ace link,,,except for one part of the reason for the thread...
IT doesnt give personal opinions

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm in British Columbia, where we're at paying $1.30 a litre (at least where I live) = $5.85 / gallon, for regular 87 octane. I was in Vancouver over the weekend, where they're paying $1.44 a litre, or $6.48 a gallon.

$4 (or even $5) a gallon gasoline sounds pretty good to me. Where do we sign up?
edit on 2-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
$1.22 Cdn per litre.
I haven't figured out how that translates into gallons, are USA and Canadian gallons even the same? Or do we use UK measurements?

3.78 litres go into a USA gallon

4.54 litres go into a UK gallon

www.onlineconversion.com...

I found this:

the imperial gallon (≈ 4.546 l) which is used colloquially in the United Kingdom and semi-officially within Canada, the United States liquid gallon (≈ 3.79 l)

Semi-officially? How messed up is that?!!
Someone should make something "official" or give us a Canadian gallon...

The imperial gallon The imperial (UK) gallon, defined as 4.54609 L, is used in some Commonwealth countries, was originally based on the volume of 10 pounds of water at 62 °F. (A US liquid gallon of water weighs about 8.33 pounds at the same temperature.) The imperial fluid ounce is defined as 1⁄160 of an imperial gallon.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

£1.49.9p a litre but thats shell optimax

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I paid $3.9199 cents per gallon in Central Fl this morning. I used my Gas buddy app on my iphone to find the cheapest gas. Seems to work pretty good. I usually find that Sam's club has the cheapest in my area. Since I have a membership I usually fill up there. If it gets any higher I will start riding my Harley to work every day.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In our money that lb figure of the above so far seems highest.....
What happened to the North Sea OIl? is it run out?
I hardly think so......
3.99 sounds cheap but in imperial gallons its not that great about just under 5.00.....us

I have to ask why the price differential between the western states and the eastern ones....
Its a marked difference....
Is there some kind of manipulation besides the EPA standards etc?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
According to gasbuddy.com, Alberta has the cheapest gas in the country.

That makes sense, it's also the freshest

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Alberta Sask and Manitoba, as well as the NWT and northern BC all have wells producing something...nat gas etc....
There are many capped oil wells in northern alberta from what i hear...not even producing ...
Id like to see an accounting of whats tapped but not in production, and why?
The same ive heard for the US....What gives?
we gonna burn all theirs in exchange for our paper thingys and then use our own while thumbing our noses at humanity?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
$4.14 a gallon was the highest I saw yesterday on the I-5 corridor in central Oregon.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
venesuela gas is 61 cents a gallon, and they have government health care, all paid for by their own oil companies ....of course that makes it an enemy of the freedom loving US....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
hereandthere40.wordpress.com... t-of-countries-with-the-cheapest-gas-prices/

Europeans and Americans are definitely paying some of the most painful gas prices globally. More specifically, Norway pays the highest prices for gas world-wide(double what Americans pay). All the while, citizens of oil-rich nations fill their tanks with pocket change. A british insurance firm -Staveley Head- recently released a list of the worlds gas prices. Below are the seven cheapest countries in the world to purchase gasoline.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Alberta Sask and Manitoba, as well as the NWT and northern BC all have wells producing something...nat gas etc....
There are many capped oil wells in northern alberta from what i hear...not even producing ...
Id like to see an accounting of whats tapped but not in production, and why?
The same ive heard for the US....What gives?
we gonna burn all theirs in exchange for our paper thingys and then use our own while thumbing our noses at humanity?

I keep hearing Alberta is supposed to have an economic mini-boom again soon, and that they're fast tracking a bunch of projects, I'm thinking they're probably for exports to China.
They've said it wouldn't be the type of economy that saw prices in Fort MacMurray go nutz like before, but still supposed to get really busy.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Go here, and you can see what everyone in the United States and Canada is paying.

Gas Buddy

Don't know if they have this map for Europe or not, haven't looked.

red states= lower gas prices
blue states= higher gas prices
gee...no conflict of interest there. america just can't admit that it is getting screwed by the oil companies, and liberals are treated like the enemy by most corporations. the oil companies just recently had their 30 billion dollars worth of welfare subsidies approved by congress, because they cannot squeeze enough profit out of the american people to stay viable.
yeah... and obama is the problem....riiigghhtt!! you keep believing that.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquarius7More specifically, Norway pays the highest prices for gas world-wide(double what Americans pay)

Yeah, sad but true.

We also have the most expensive cars at the planet.
A crappy (very) small compact car in Norway costs about the same as a Hummer H3 in Florida.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Here is the european prices list

www.drive-alive.co.uk...

Bit out of date though as we pay €1.67 in Ireland now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join