It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are The Resistance.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I am of the opinion that the soul is not of less value than the body. You brought religion and politics into this discussion, I made the connections based on "In God we trust" and "All men are created equal".

The soul is more valuable than the body. After all, the soul is supposedly immortal, correct? Therefore, you want to protect that which lasts longer...it is far easier to replace an arm or a leg than it is to replace the soul.

Ah...yes. We keep cavorting about with those words on our lips. We have based our entire nation and all of its most sacred principles upon those phrases. Such a pity that they no longer ring nearly as true as they once did.

In fact, the "god" we trust in is the result of our attempt to understand that with surpasses human comprehension...a bloodthirsty tyrant redesigned to be a tool for political purposes. Yes, many of those who believe in the Christian god have kept us from falling into the flames...however, the government uses God as a way to secure our approval. Who doesn't like a God-fearing, upstanding individual? No one goes wrong with God' Word, right? As long as we're lead by a Christian or a Catholic, they will uphold the morals of our country.

Such ignorance.

I disagree with neither of these but that this division that people are aware of is not inherent, in other words, you were not "born this way". You said "They are controlling us." Have they not been given control? Many people say that they want equality, but equality to whom?

They have convinced us to give them control. We abhor responsibility, because we know life goes wrong. We know mistakes happen. And we are too frightened of reality to not give someone else control over anything that can go wrong. Insurance, police, hospitals...we delegate the most important of tasks to other people, because we feel more secure when someone with more power has control over our lives.

It's when our ability to experience pleasure is compromised, that we begin to take issue with that system. Pleasure is all we care about. And money provides those pleasures.

They don't want equality. They want a gift that keeps on giving. They want docile, amiable chattel that continue to support a system that oppresses them, that continue to believe in the illusion of peace and prosperity for the sake of their sanity.

As for the act of destroying, you yourself said that we are in a battle. Love is a sword in the hands of a warrior in battle. If a warrior is in a battle, in a battlefield, he's got two outcomes, he'll overcome and live to labor another day or be destroyed in the heat of battle.

We aren't in a battle, exactly...we're in a war. This, in particular, is a battle against the enslavement of the human psyche There is also a war against the entropy of our race. Every single thing we fight, every single flaw we oppose, is a battle in the war for balance.

We don't need to overcome our flaws. We don't need to become perfect. Perfection is a hopeless goal, a meaningless mission. Our objective, in this life, should be to find balance. Everything else will follow after.

Love is not meant for battle. It is meant for peace and calm. Conflict is a learning tool, not a way of life. Why don't you understand that?

Say you get what you want, and the flock tramples the shepherd, how would you have us live?

A very interesting question. One does not need to have a ready solution to recognize a problem.

Having made that point, I do not pretend to know enough about human mechanics to design a foolproof system. It may well be that any system designed by human hands is inevitably flawed, and will inevitably fail. However, that is no reason to continue to bow to a system that is destroying you.

I once compared it to a drug ring. Everyone does drugs, but you don't. However, to support yourself, you sell and purchase these illicit products for the benefit of those who are addicted. Eventually, you are dragged in by peer pressure and simple human curiosity. At that point, you become a part of the mass...another zombie addicted to the corporate program. You are now just another face being destroyed by the accepted regime.

But they don't care. As long as you contribute steadily from the moment you are capable to the moment you die, it doesn't matter if you destroy yourself. The only time it matters is when the chattel are being cut down in large numbers. That cripples the industry, and must be prevented. But a single man...no. There is no compassion, no sympathy or empathy. There is no love, nor hate...unless more profit may be gleaned by it. There is only the next cow to be milked for every dime the government can legally drain from its veins.

There is only the next dollar.
edit on CTuesdaypm050514f14America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

If you knew me, you would not have made such bold claims about me, telling me what you think I am. This is pathetic, now the message is "just live a balanced life", I'm sorry but I am in no position to make unneccesary assumptions about you, but from what I see, you are just not the kind of person whose advice I'd trust and take to heart. I don't mind asking questions out of curiosity to see your response. But you are just too high up there on your ladder to carry on what I consider meaningful conversation.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
reply to post by Starchild23

If you knew me, you would not have made such bold claims about me, telling me what you think I am. This is pathetic, now the message is "just live a balanced life", I'm sorry but I am in no position to make unneccesary assumptions about you, but from what I see, you are just not the kind of person whose advice I'd trust and take to heart. I don't mind asking questions out of curiosity to see your response. But you are just too high up there on your ladder to carry on what I consider meaningful conversation.

I said nothing about you specifically. I called all of society a herd of cows, ready to be milked of their hard-earned wages.

Really? Too high up there on the ladder? That's a laugh, coming from someone who just arrogantly deemed this conversation not worth participating in.

You've just stepped in your own allegations, my friend. Enjoy the smell.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join