It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are The Resistance.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Chances are, if you're reading this, you are the Resistance.

This is your life, your chance.

Make it count.

I found this image on my Facebook today, and it raises a very, very interesting point...one that affects us all, in more ways than we can imagine.

Now, the first half of this quote is obviously true. It is difficult for fools to be free. Either they are too intellectually lacking to be safely free (*ahem* us), or they foolishly step into a trap, either natural or man-made, and become caught. The second half, however, is the part that catches my eye. The chains they revere...what does that mean? Addictions, brainwashing, conditional training?

Let's see an example of each of these, to get a better view of exactly what Voltaire was saying. Just to note, when I explain this quote, I'm using the government as an example, because that's exactly what I thought of when I saw this. The government pulling the people's strings, tying them in chains of "good intentions", playing them just like fools.

Addictions. Addiction to drugs, to food, to electronic devices, to services...there is an addiction for anything. Literally, anything. If there's one missing, it's because no one has admitted to it yet. The first step to addiction is appeal...attraction. It has to attract victims. Addiction can be natural, due to a hereditary imbalance in the chemicals or a psychological connection. Or...it can be induced. Induced to increase sales, whether it be repeat visits to the local psychiatrist or hospital, the resident pharmacy, or simply purchasing more of the product. Such addictions can be induced through obvious methods (food, beverages, vaccines, hygiene products, etc.)...or, through less obvious methods. Ventilation, ground water, crop dusting, even the hand soap in public restrooms, or a door handle at a bank. Addiction raises sales, and other "rates" as well.

The flip-side to this is that it can also be used to create a scapegoat in a political battle. Drug trafficking and transportation of illegal chemical products or plants...all powered by addiction, which creates power. The ability to make anyone do anything, simply by promising them a few grand, or maybe another fix. It provides a power play in the political field, control mechanism in the justice system, and a few more pawns on the playing board of the secret Shadow Government. Expendable assets or useful liabilities. In essence, addiction is very similar to our next "chain", brainwashing, except it relies upon chemicals...whatever form they may take. Food, drugs, medicine...

Brainwashing provides a psychological chain, one that binds our thoughts instead of our bodies, as chemicals do. We are like immensely complicated software, where a cheat code is entered and a simple command is given that rearranges our thoughts, beliefs, or memories. Careful control and lots of practice could enable any field agent to, without leaving any trace, convince you that your UFO experience, or (more realistically) the assassination you witnessed, was either entirely fictional, or not the way you remember it.

Your very identity can be changed by brainwashing. Or, it could be tweaked to better suit their purposes. But even brainwashing is minor compared to...conditional training.

Conditional training is everywhere. Religion and politics. You are trained to act a certain way and believe a certain way...asking too many questions about certain things can get you in trouble, you must grow up to make lots of money and give it to the government (which only uses the money as a medium of societal control, but you aren't told that), you must do what everyone else does unless you can find another way to contribute to society....war is a productive thing, don't be afraid of death is you believe in Jesus, ghettos are a necessary way of life, oil production is imperative...all of these things. We are trained to accept them, but questioning leads to disapproval and even more training.

And yet we revere these chains. Why? Because addiction makes us feel happy when we satisfy it. Brainwashing numbs you completely, leaving you with a hazy view of the world, not clear enough to see the chaos. Conditional training is so subtle and indomitable, that no one can fight it. We have given up resisting it...giving ourselves over to it is so easy. We never have enjoyed responsibility, and when the chance comes to let something else take control...well, as long as we get something out of it (*ahem* addiction) we're fine with it.

And that is how we are chained. This is the Society Game, this is the Commercialization of Deprivation. This is how we are enslaved by the government...its brainwashed chattel, alive only to pump money into the system. Sometimes, I actually wonder whether it isn't the money, but the illusion of stability...if people are the actual "currency" of our nation. Their votes, their opinions...their support. All currency. Without us, officials wouldn't be elected...not without a corrupt system. Without us, the dollar would have no value, because we decided its value. Without us, there is no flow in the market. There is no revenue, no work, not a single dime of effort or profit.

This Voltaire person, he/she really knew what they were talking about. We are fools, because all of this is right under our noses, in magazines every other week, all over the news, and in books coming out every day. These issues, these bonds, are right in front of us...and we blindly ignore them. These are our chains, and we clutch them as lifelines. But we are ashamed to admit to it, we would rather pretend our world of peace and prosperity is genuine, that our nation is a great place to be. It is greater than many...but nowhere as great as it should be.

We choose the illusion of peace over the reality of war, enslavement and corruption. We choose a delusional perspective, instead of the truthful perspective. We have been conditioned to do this, to see the world through a rose lens, because that is how we remain calm. Even those who are controlling us are victims to these things. They are addicted to power and dominance...but they will find, when every last dollar belongs to them, and every person obeys their will, when they have the technology to manipulate the weather itself and bring the dead back to life, when immortality is in their grasp and every bit of knowledge in existence can be found in seconds...they will find that they have everything, and yet nothing at all. They will grow weary of a life with no challenges, and they will die lonely and remorseful. At worst, they will die in a raging fury at having everything but what they were looking for.

Until then, it is our battle. We wage the war on the soul...the government wants our souls, and will do whatever it can to enslave us, from birth until death. This is what we face. This is the Hydra, in a very real sense.

We were once told that we control the government. If that was ever true, it's not anymore. We are the fools, and these are our chains. These are the lifelines we have chosen to cling to. These are the bonds that keep us from true peace and freedom. This is what we must fight.

Without our resistance, this will not end. Break the chains.

Namaste

edit on CMondaypm040414f14America/Chicago02 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
seek freedom and you will become a slave to your desires
seek [self] discipline and you will achieve liberty
-bene geserit aphorism-

getting a new operating system is a must

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We can be free if we really want it. But we have to want it and the only way is to state to government we will not follow your draconian laws.

One freedom I really want and IMO need, is to earn my momey without having to get my wages put into a bank account. I want my earnings to be paid to me not a bank.

If I earn £2000 pounds in a month I then have to get "permission" from the bank to take it out.!!!. And that is tyranny.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Self-discipline. Who is disciplining us right now? Us? Society? The government?

Who knows how to discipline us? Who is willing to discipline us for the good of the world, and not just their own?

What will disciplining ourselves give us, that government cannot? That society, the cohort of government, cannot?

These are the questions we must answer.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Break the chains.
What does that entail? Illegal activity? Or in the Christian's case, legal activity? With unconditional love? I personally am of the opinion that love has conditions and standards and defining factors.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Break the chains.
What does that entail? Illegal activity? Or in the Christian's case, legal activity? With unconditional love? I personally am of the opinion that love has conditions and standards and defining factors.

Stop feeding into the materialism. Learn to balance wealth of the body with wealth of the soul. See what we are doing, how we are ruining this world, and stop contributing to it. Recognize your inherent flaws and defy them.

But most importantly, stop prostrating yourself before the system. Don't break laws, but don't be greedy or ignorant or excessively compliant.

Stop being a sheep.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by Wonders

Break the chains.

Stop feeding into the materialism. Learn to balance wealth of the body with wealth of the soul. See what we are doing, how we are ruining this world, and stop contributing to it. Recognize your inherent flaws and defy them.

But most importantly, stop prostrating yourself before the system. Don't break laws, but don't be greedy or ignorant or excessively compliant.

Stop being a sheep.
Hah, okay, you can get off of your pedestal now. Though you do have many good arguements for how though we humans, as a WHOLE, are not equal in every sense, and that freedom is more than touting a belief in God, I just don't believe that enough of us can make a noticeable difference in our sphere of influence because we are pitted against eachother. We are living proof of the actuality of "Divide and conquer".
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

so u want to worship god without being attached to anything?? through what are u gonna mean him exactly?? what im curious to know from the op, is ur resistance, u mean resisting to what? since u believe that god is all there is and u love god so what do u resist? how is it true issue? oh yea sure, u mean that else must resist their drugs addictions n co, so they are the resistence and u r what?? making their beliefs while they make urs? who is listening to u seriously tell me?? how much adience u got on regular base, none not even ur body head is with u, u do not exist at all

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My message to the ones who *think* they run the show has and will always be:

Respect existence or expect resistance!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

so u want to worship god without being attached to anything?? through what are u gonna mean him exactly?? what im curious to know from the op, is ur resistance, u mean resisting to what? since u believe that god is all there is and u love god so what do u resist? how is it true issue? oh yea sure, u mean that else must resist their drugs addictions n co, so they are the resistence and u r what?? making their beliefs while they make urs? who is listening to u seriously tell me?? how much adience u got on regular base, none not even ur body head is with u, u do not exist at all

I don't believe any omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent being would want to be worshiped. When you can have anything you want at the snap of a finger, I would think your greatest desire would be lack of control.

And lack of control means lack of support. My greatest dream does not feature endless ranks of mindless sycophants.

And if this being does want to be worshiped, then it is probably not a god at all.

How are you even arguing with me? We are obviously enslaved, and I am saying we should fight it. Don't make it easier for the system to zombify us in the name of dominance and control.

edit on CMondaypm494919f19America/Chicago02 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Hah, okay, you can get off of your pedestal now. Though you do have many good arguements for how though we humans, as a WHOLE, are not equal in every sense, and that freedom is more than touting a belief in God, I just don't believe that enough of us can make a noticeable difference in our sphere of influence because we are pitted against eachother. We are living proof of the actuality of "Divide and conquer".

You actually believe our nature is to destroy? We have been taught destruction is necessary, but we can change that. Aren't the people more powerful than the system? Couldn't a flock of sheep trample their shepherd if needed?

Also, I don't believe those were the points I made. I said nothing about equality, and nothing about freedom in connection with religious belief. You are making those connections yourself.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't believe any omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent being would want to be worshiped. When you can have anything you want at the snap of a finger, I would think your greatest desire would be lack of control.

o reallyyy??? at the snap of a finger ur god get what he wants?? it sounds almost impressive even to me

u prove the retarded evil u r, any god cant have anything but by killing its existence first, being absolute is being alone endlessly, and having urself as smthg u want is surely the stupidest thing to think about
u prove believing being god so ur god cant even claim having u
it is obvious how u fancy on value being nothing, just to believe ur subjective life possible in stepping on superior grounds

and for u own information, true freedom is out of absolute control only, so that drive to lack control is a creation of ur pervert mind

and how an omniscient is benevolent?? who is that god in ur head u mean to convince about? benevolent is opposite term to omniscient, benevolent mean else absolute fact while omniscient is one absolute fact, noone is benevolent to himself
desire of god??? waoo u know god desire??

and what is that system u r slave to exactly?? internet? why r u here in metaphysics forum

so u know people that have everything they want by snaping their fingers? give me one example of those people that act as willing to lack control?? all examples of individuals demonstrate clearly the opposite
the more u r positive the more u want to control all as a possession

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

what in the hell did I just read??

my two cents about resistance is it will never work passively, resistance needs to be forced.
forcibily removed by those justified and expected to do so, that would be you and me.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

aha where did i give that impression of meaning to put words upon ur dreams? hey im not interested to hear a word about ur heads life, u r all alone so have no relation at all to any else n especially me

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

aha where did i give that impression of meaning to put words upon ur dreams? hey im not interested to hear a word about ur heads life, u r all alone so have no relation at all to any else n especially me

No one can read what you post.

That's what he's saying. You may as well give up.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

You actually believe our nature is to destroy? We have been taught destruction is necessary, but we can change that. Aren't the people more powerful than the system? Couldn't a flock of sheep trample their shepherd if needed?

Also, I don't believe those were the points I made. I said nothing about equality, and nothing about freedom in connection with religious belief. You are making those connections yourself.

I am of the opinion that the soul is not of less value than the body. You brought religion and politics into this discussion, I made the connections based on "In God we trust" and "All men are created equal". I disagree with neither of these but that this division that people are aware of is not inherent, in other words, you were not "born this way". You said "They are controlling us." Have they not been given control? Many people say that they want equality, but equality to whom? As for the act of destroying, you yourself said that we are in a battle. Love is a sword in the hands of a warrior in battle. If a warrior is in a battle, in a battlefield, he's got two outcomes, he'll overcome and live to labor another day or be destroyed in the heat of battle.
Say you get what you want, and the flock tramples the shepherd, how would you have us live?
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

it is not up to u to use others opinions for urself cheap ways wills, when u cant have ur own justifications then quiet posting here

pervert dirt, ur will to abuse ur right to write here apply on urself expressions only, ur insistence to mean everything to talk about and get a quality to urself from is exhibiting constantly ur pathetic face, which exist by deforming anything

and ur illusion that everyone is enjoying reading ur posts swallow it and have fun alone out of here with, when u dont have the least idea of what free expressions and public forums are then u should be the first target here to prove upon how it is easy to throw dirt, no resistence is needed to, how any op of u is without thinking a total evil lie

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

settle down shakepeare. we on the same team?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

merde, stop forcing ur wills upon others in order to take advantage of what is forced

NO we are not a team, THERE IS NO TEAM, only TRUTH, and then true individualities, and then true freedom as nothing objective while plus subject alone, and then free relations for a second or two always provisory always relative always not counting, get it?? truth, it doesnt matter what is now forced, still truth is the end as it is always first

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

it is not up to u to use others opinions for urself cheap ways wills, when u cant have ur own justifications then quiet posting here

pervert dirt, ur will to abuse ur right to write here apply on urself expressions only, ur insistence to mean everything to talk about and get a quality to urself from is exhibiting constantly ur pathetic face, which exist by deforming anything

and ur illusion that everyone is enjoying reading ur posts swallow it and have fun alone out of here with, when u dont have the least idea of what free expressions and public forums are then u should be the first target here to prove upon how it is easy to throw dirt, no resistence is needed to, how any op of u is without thinking a total evil lie

I rest my case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join