It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Anit bulling movment starting now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i have been noticing that evryone seems to be jumping on the anti bullying movment evryone from my 2 favriot bands

to cartoon network

even good old WWE

(on a side note as mutch as i love wwe this is one of the most hypicritical things they have ever done even thoue the bad guys usualy get there coumpupence)
while i was bullied at schol for years i and i understand how bad it hurts and how mutch pain can be inflicted i dont understand why the midea is suddeny jumping on the bandwagon know mayby this is just my inner conspercy theroist but i cant help but feel like there is somthing more going on then we know about and usualy when mainstream entertainet companys jump on the bandwagon somthings up that we shoud be aware of
so can any one explain to me whats going on or is there no actual conspericy
oh and as a side note at my school the rule is if you get into a fight even if you did not hit first you get suspended for ten days and the cops are called and you have to go to cort and pay 200 dollers all because of zero tolorence

sorry for my horrible spelling and grammer a
edit on 2-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: vedio mistake

edit on 2-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: needed more information

edit on 2-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: spelling mistakes

edit on 2-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Bullying has always been an issue. No amount of feel-good media coverage will change that.

The reason they are now talking about it more is because there is money in it. Anti-bullying groups, parent's groups and organizations like the AD counsel will spend large amounts of money to get their message out.

The media simply takes their money and does what they are asked.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
that was almost unreadable from the sheer amount of spelling mistakes. wow dude, when you see a red squiggly line underneath something in your post, right click on it and choose a suggestion at the very least...totally distracting.

As far as the anti-bullying measures being put out. Well, back when I was a youngin, bullying did suck, but it was contained...if you left school, it stopped until the next day. You could have a big group of friends on one side of town and a few jerks on the other side of town.

Now with the popularization of the internet and things like facebook and the like, bullying went from a contained thing to a 24/7 anywhere anytime sport that not only your hometown jerks can participate in, but internationally you can be targeted by a bunch of trolls united or whatnot.

I feel bad for the picked on kid today...because there is almost no escape of the endless poop storm people pile up. So, the movement is like the anti-smoking movement...to eventually destroy the bullying is cool mentality. May take a generation or so to convert it from fun to pathetic...but it will work.

Thats just my observation of the subject.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I doubt there's some sort of conspiracy involved here, especially taking into consideration the type of bands being discussed. If one band, take Rise Against for example who are well known for their activism (one of the reasons why I have my username now) go on to promote such a message on such an important topic, then I think it's just fantastic that others may jump on the bandwagon so to speak and also go to the trouble of spreading a similar message.

Just because they've done that though, there's still no real reason to suspect, IMO, that there's some hidden, ulterior motive. Sometimes people do good thing's because it's good and right to do it and also because they're in a position to spread such a message to many people out there who may benefit from hearing it. Simple as that.

Oh, and it's worth pointing out that the song from Rise against which you posted was first made publicly available almost a full year ago I believe so It seems a bit odd to throw that in there and say people are all of a sudden jumping on the anti-bullying campaign using that as an example. To me anyway..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I have noticed it too, that efforts are being ramped up to "prevent" and educate about bullying. I'd like to say that I in no way, shape, form nor fashion approve of bullying behaviors in a school, public or workplace environment. However, my personal take is that the ominous "powers that be" seem keen to usher in a world where they have total control. They don't want that bullying kid (who may well grow out of this behavior after he gets his butt kicked by picking on the right one, which was the natural order of things when I was a youth) to feel that violence or strong words serves the purpose to solve anything anymore than they want the bully's victim to feel as if defending himself with violence or strong words solves anything.

I've noticed that at most schools, there is a Zero Tolerance policy, which usually translates to even the victim who snaps back against the bully, uses a curse word, or his fists, to deter a bully, he gets a punishment just the same as the bully. I think the message is clear: Don't speak up. Don't defend yourself. Don't be angry. Don't take matters into your own hands. Don't try and take a stand. The remedy is to tell an adult, but come on, we all were kids once right? How effective was that half the time? Mommy, Daddy and Mrs.Green can't be everywhere. But, the government is everywhere, and they don't want little revolutionaries popping up. I think it's kind of a game of mental conditioning to make people (kids most specifically) more docile and easy to control. They'll always be looking for that authority figure to solve their crisis for them, rather than trying to solve it themselves. Sometimes, you simply have to kick a little butt to get your point across.
edit on 2-4-2012 by HoppedUp because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by HoppedUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just wish this whole anti bullying thing was big like this when I was a kid, maybe it was but it sure wasn't in my Chicago school district, The only anti bullying thing I had were my brothers and my fists lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You do realize that it's about time these people spoke out against the rampant bullying taking place across the nation?

These bands have been making these songs for a while...it's kind of part of their collective persona.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's the feel good topic de jour.

Move along kids, the nanny state is hard at work.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Personally, I don't have a problem with bullying. We need to stop sheltering children and putting them in these fragile bubbles. Children need to understand that they are not special snowflakes; they are just fodder for the corporate cannon, to be tamed, trained, chewed up, and spat out. Being bullied and learning to stand up for yourself is crucial to any child's development of self worth. People who never experience harassment from others during childhood will have problems coping with it during their adult life, simply because lack of experience. Bullying and hazing have persisted throughout human history and they help establish a hierarchy within a social environment; they flesh out the strong from the weak, the alphas from the betas.

Again, children should not think that they are special in any sense, this whole new age, "you're special" BS needs to end. It's simply not true, let them not be let down, but rather be disillusioned from the start. Life is a struggle, always has been, and hopefully always will be. I'm sorry if kids today can't cope with the same kinds of treatment that most of us went through as children, but that really alludes to kids having little social calibration and self worth. Bullying is hardly the problem, us force feeding children this whole, "you're special" crap is going to cause them so many more problems when they come to the realization that every snowflake is part of the collective snow; worthless.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have to admit I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, I remember being a little kid with Asperger's back in the 60s and was bullied mercilessly. When I tried to stand up for myself, it seemed like even the adults backed the bullies and were horrified that I dare speak out. I was just supposed to take it with good-natured humor, I guess.

When my kids were in school I went way overboard if they were bullied. It seems to me that the state requires a child to be in school, and while they are there, what possible good does it do them if they are picked on and made miserable day after day to the point where they cannot learn? It seems like state-sponsored torture.

These days, with the internet and cell phones, kids cannot get away from the bullying and it can become so severe they decide to end it all. I have a dear friend who's 14 year old daughter couldn't take the bullying anymore and refused to go to school. My friend said get your butt to school, I gotta go to work now. The school called to say the daughter never showed up. They found her dead, hanging in her closet by a nylon rope.

Back when I was a kid, at least I got a break when I left school. There is no break for these kids now. So teaching kids to be kind and not allowing the bullying is a good thing.

HOWEVER: I can see how this could be used to make the sheep even more docile. I don't believe in zero tolerance because then even the kid who is defending themselves gets punished, which is wrong. My older daughter got suspended for fighting back when a gang of cholos jumped her. Yeah, I said it, because that is what they were. She got suspended for a week because she fought back and scratched the attacker's face pretty badly. What was she supposed to do, lay there and let her head be bashed against the concrete?

I think a balance is necessary here. Bullying is wrong, it is sick, and the bullies who do it are usually kids that have a bad home life and take out their anger on weaker victims. On the other hand, it shouldn't be wrong to stand up and fight back. Common sense is called for here, something that is always sorely lacking in government institutions like school.

If there's one the the government hates, it is people fighting back.

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's always being highlighted at my kids school, a lot of them are wearing those rubber wrist bands about anti-bullying.

A lot of it goes on regardless though, despite the schools best efforts. I said to my kids, i wish they would let every parent, just for one school assembly, stand up and tell the kids what bullying can do.

Quick example. The other day at the bus stop, i looked over and saw someone i recognised from school. A year younger than me, 38 years old he is now with a beard and quite a big lad. He became aware that i was looking at him, and he seemed to put his head down so as not to make eye contact. So i walked over to him, i swear he looked like he thought i was going to beat him up or something.

I offered my hand to shake his and told him my name, and that we had gone to the same school. He continued to look down, and you could see him visibly shaking as he shook my hand with the weakest handshake for a big lad i have ever felt. I tried to make small talk with him, and aware that he was looking very nervous, i kelp it very light and smiley, but he just clammed up. I decided to leave him in peace and said my goodbyes.

When i next spke to my ex-wife, i said, "I saw Robin today who was in your class at school", and i told her what i had encountered. She replied, "I'm not surprised, that lad was hit probably every day at school, pushed in bushes every day on the way to school, and called every name under the sun".

Looking back, i remember most kids doing that kind of thing to one degree or another, but you didn't think of the consequences. Seeing this middle aged adult, a big lump of a man....broken.....well it was pretty sad to see i can tell you.

I just wish the kids...and adults of today could see what damage they do when they bully.....you're either going to break someone mentally or you may even find yourself on their list.

By the way, whilst i wasn't a bully at school, i can remember joining in with name calling a few times. 20 years later, i saw a couple of those people at the school gates as we were collecting our own kids. I apologised for those crap times at school, one guy had totaly forgotten about it, but one girl hadn't, and she was really thankful for the apology.

CX.
edit on 2/4/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's an election year.

One political party wil try to use it to promote social agendas.

The other side will be against the other political party, but be seen as being "pro bully".

Then while one side attacks the other for being "pro-bully" and the other side spends time defending it's "bully stance",

Unemployment will rise
Gas prices will rise
Economy will fall
Wars will continue

But we'll all be on the "right" side
when it comes to the "bully" issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Not everything is a conspiracy you know, and it is just a little ignorant that you even suggest it. If this subject has come up now and not before is simply because there are social aspects that makes this to be the appropiate time to discuss this particular issue. Should I remind you all the teens who have commited suicide or have been killed in these last couple of years because of bullying? And yes, this very thing has happened before but now we are all connected through the internet and that changes our view on several things, including bullying.

So no, there's no conspiracy, only people trying to do what's right.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The elites are creating the atmosphere necessary to take away the anonymity of the Internet.

"If cyber-bullies weren't anonymous, there would be less bullying". "Cyber bullies must be brought to justice!"

Plus, an added bonus of making censorship palatable for the masses so as to "protect people".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bullying is increasing because racial tensions are on the rise. There is a growing racial and economic tensions growing right now in America. Bullying comes with the tension.

top topics

join