It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of the Bumblebess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So for the past couple of days two huge bumble bees have been having dogfights on my back porch which have been quite entertaining until I noticed they are burrowing in my deck railing which is just regular stained treated lumber is there anyway I can get them to move somewhere else? Their not reguler little bees but huge bumble bees I know nest to nothing about bugs in general so if they don't pose any threat of stinging me or my son then I would rather just leave them alone to do their thing. Any help and information would be much apperciated and thanks in advance

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ah yes, they bore holes that resemble perfect circles straight into the wood surface am i correct? The easy fix is to simply plug up the hole and they will either move to a new one, or start to create a new one. Remember to be merciful.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know about their nesting habits but I used to have plenty of them hanging around my flowers by the pool when I lived in the Dallas area. They are slow and not aggressive when they are collecting pollen, but they may be a little more assertive about protecting a nesting area, so it may behoove you to follow the poster's advice who said to fill up the hole so they go elsewhere.

Earlier is better than later so they have plenty of time to find another spot to nest. I think they're pretty but yeah, the size of their stinger is big. I certainly wouldn't want a bumblebee nest on my porch!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks! I think I might just leave them alone they don't seem aggressive and do collect pollen on all my plants out back I don't want to stir them up and I'm not quite sure how many there are. The two I see on a daily basis pretty much leave me alone although sometimes when I walk out the back door one of them will kinda hover around watching me I guess to make sure I'm going to leave their little nest alone. I guess the bumble bees win this round and I'll just take my son out front to play thanks for the advice though!!

top topics

join