It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who owns OUR guns?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey Silo... you can check this off as being false , please go to the NRA website:
www.nraila.org...

Internet Rumors About Cerberus, Freedom Group Are Patently False
Posted on October 14, 2011

Recently, an old rumor regarding Cerberus--the private equity firm that owns Freedom group, a holding company that in turn owns a number of firearms manufacturers, including Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, and DPMS--was in some way tied to George Soros.
This rumor is completely false and baseless.
NRA has had contact with officials from Cerberus and Freedom Group for some time. The owners and investors involved are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and are avid hunters and shooters.
In reality, at no time has George Soros ever been a part of the ownership group of Freedom Group or Cerberus, and as a privately traded corporation, there is no possibility that he will be in the future.
This unsubstantiated rumor has caused a great deal of unnecessary concern for gun owners. NRA-ILA urges our members to take great care before repeating baseless rumors found on the Internet.

In thinking about this for a moment, I see forming the Freedom Group, a privately owned corporation as protection for gun manufactuers and that in fact is making it 99.99% impossible for any anti-gun person or group to financially steal these companies and attack our second amendment rights.

edit on 2-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add statement

edit on 2-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I tell you, a single owner on most domestic manufacturers of arms and ammo makes it reeeeeeeeally easy to begin a process of tracking, identifying, and/or locating those arms and ammo. Even reloader ammo can be found/tracked if that method of tracking is placed in the brass casing.

Another way to control the flow and distribution of arms and ammo when you own the source is controlling all of your suppliers and vendors. When you become the primary buyer from, let's say gunpowder makers, you control their production by your own ordering. Also, as the primary buyer, you can squeeze your sources on prices to the point you can either put them out of business, or buy them on the cheap.

I think ammo is the key. All it takes is a flood of newstories about "unsafe" imported ammo, a couple of hapless do-gooder congressmen drafting a bill banning the import of non-domestic ammo (playing to parts of the "made in America crowd, the anti-gun crowd, and probably the NRA towards supporting domestic production.) Once that ban is in place, it makes it easier to limit the supply of ammo, as well as dramatically increase the price. If you squeeze your suppliers to the point where you end up ending or owning their business, it makes it nearly impossible for any start-ups to get into the game.

Basically, monopolies are bad, and the people always suffer. In this case, when you have a one-world government type, who makes sport of destroying economies and national sovereignty, controlling that monopoly, then there is most certainly concern to be had.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Of course you wouldn't understand...you live in Europe, where you CAN'T own a firearm. If the jackboots ever happen to kick in your door, and you have to protect your family, good luck with a bat or a blade. If a criminal WITH a firearm invades your home, let me know how that works out for ya, sport.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think they will maybe not outlaw it,

but out-expensive it,

In a lifetime guns and ammo will be for the "rich".. problem out fased slowly

By creating a monopoly on manufacturers and raw materials.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rexrugerblack

I wish I could understand you. But all I see is fear and anger.
What I fear the most are fearful people with guns who shoot before they think. This is the USA.
They do it at home and they do it in foreign politics.
Please, Americans, stay at home with your guns and hide yourselves behind the couch. But don't take your guns to other countries.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

But don't take your guns to other countries.

Hey, the US citizens are not responsible for that, I am all about being selfish and keeping the guns all to ourselves.

It is people like Holder that takes our guns to other countries, I told him not to but he did not listen.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well the ammo isn't too big of a problem because I know of guys who have their own bullet molds and load their own powder. You can make your own ammunition it won't be match grade but it will still shoot. As for the guns themselves. people will always find a way in the US to get a gun. want to reeeaaally make the mexican cartels rich and destabilize this country at the same time make guns illegal altogether. just another niche the criminals can get into and make money. Plus the fact that a lot of gun owners own several if not dozens of guns, when the SHTF they will be inclined to sell some of them that they aren't too attached to for profit. sure it will be more expensive to buy a 22LR rifle at that time than it is now but you will still be able to buy one. These guys have enough guns to insure the entire population is well armed.

Heck a lot of these guns in private hands are much nicer than anything a average cop or army grunt will be able to get their hands on.

But to me this is just another venture to invest in for these companies that devour other companies that aren't dong that great.

Besides who the hell needs bushmaster when Saiga is around. semiauto AK varients from magazine fed shotguns to 308's.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Oh good grief. Go back to watching Boys in tha hood and eating the spoon fed crap from MSM.

What I fear the most are fearful people with guns who shoot before they think. This is the USA.

You fear fearful people, yet are worried about all the fear and anger in the US? Does anyone else see a problem with this statement??

Please, Americans, stay at home with your guns and hide yourselves behind the couch. But don't take your guns to other countries.

Taking our guns to other countries??What are you babbling about??
Clearly you have no clue as to this topic and are basically regurgitating nonsense from anti gun websites.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

quoted for irony :

Clearly you have no clue as to this topic and are basically regurgitating nonsense .

has it sunk in yet - this thread is based on a hoax

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I can respect your opinion, but fear and anger are irrelevant, concerning me. I'm not afraid of other humans and I'm not angry at society. I'm far from '' a fearful person with a gun who shoots before he thinks''. There's the generalization of an entire population again. This IS NOT the USA as a population. Believe me, most of us would rather our troops NOT to be engaged in pointless wars. Your perception of United States citizens, as a whole, are way off, sport. And another thing, we don't hide at home behind our couches with our guns, as you put it. We reserve the right to defend ourselves. Unlike Europe, where only criminals and police have guns. See where I'm going with this?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the challenge and trying to be human. So what is it you need the guns for? You are seen as the most developed country by many, also by me, but you are afraid of your own people and hate each other. Or why is it, that everybody needs a gun?

We Europeans are so degenerated that we don't hate each other anymore. How deep did we sink!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They do it at home and they do it in foreign politics.

Respectfully... Americans with guns is what made America free Sidd.. the 'reason' so much of the rest of the world struggles with dictators and lacks democracy and many freedoms and necessities today is the guns were taken from them.

The First President of the United States of America said it best:

GEORGE WASHINGTON (First President)
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour."
(George Washington’s address to the 1st session of Congress)

It has been and always will be that less than 1% who you speak of...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I will never understand, why you people think freedom means possessing a gun at all.
But of course it is good for the weapon traders if there are millions of people, who cannot sleep without a gun besides them.

We here in Europe usually don't have a gun under our bed, so it does not matter that much to us, what kind of desinfo they spread in this email.

Well gee it is really quite simple we uphold our rights so the next time a Hitler or a Stalin rises to power we can bring our guns and come save your prissy little asses again like we did in WWII.

There is a reason no one has ever invaded the US since we kicked the British monarchy and their feudalism out.

I suppose its nice to live in a fantasy world where there are not bad people and no need for guns to defend oneself from enemies both foreign and domestic but we are not that stupid and understand reality...

And as my Dad once said if someone is ever shooting at you it sure is nice to have something to shoot back with...

edit on 2-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I will never understand, why you people think freedom means possessing a gun at all.
But of course it is good for the weapon traders if there are millions of people, who cannot sleep without a gun besides them.

We here in Europe usually don't have a gun under our bed, so it does not matter that much to us, what kind of desinfo they spread in this email.

and with this, you in europe have no means to take your country back, if needed.

Just sayin'...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Trying to be human huh? I never intended to insult you, and I was respectful in my responses to you, but you insult me by saying I'm less than human. Nice, man

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
And concerning the OP...CZ baby, thats all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Say what you may sport, I'm in a position to protect me and mine....you on the other hand, are not. Paint it how you want, mister. You and your countrymen couldn't even fight back...against ANYONE armed. You actually think that makes you better off? Been nice talking to ya, but for any man that has a problem being adequately armed against any oppressor, my conversation is finished.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I honestly did not realize that I insulted you with my response.

But I see how many here have problems with me, being the man I am.

I am a human loving person. I defend all the children and women around me, if necessary. So you people want to attack me? Okay. Come on. Do it! You only do it on ATS anyway and send your young people to do the killings for you.

You are just making me sad, because you don't even understand, when you are talking to a friend.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You only do it on ATS anyway and send your young people to do the killings for you.

this right here says all we need to know about you. You are ignorant of the topic.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I don't get you, man. Only do what on ATS, attack people? Last I checked, I haven't attacked you or anyone else. And just to clear things up with ya, whatever I assert here, I can back up in real life...I'm no internet tough guy, friend. Trust me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join