It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Md. woman won't share $105M lotto jackpot with McD's co-workers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing.

www.nypost.com...

“We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

Yohannes Michael, a clerk at the 7-Eleven where Wilson bought the tickets, expressed doubts about her story when he said yesterday that lottery officials have reviewed the store’s video and believe that a man bought the winning ticket. Lottery rep Carole Everett would not confirm that.

So either this crazy bitch has the winning ticket and won't share or she didn't even win?

People are getting crazier by the day it seems.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

there could be the possibility, that the lottery ticket did not win and from her own money, she bought another ticket that did win. in that case, she would be right.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

there could be the possibility, that the lottery ticket did not win and from her own money, she bought another ticket that did win. in that case, she would be right.

I guess but if somebody pulled that on me they better watch their back!

I don't think she even has a winning ticket she just wants attention.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

attention ? they hate her guts.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
greed
and even if she splits the ticket she will be rich like a mofo

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
She sounds out of her mind to be honest.

Claiming she won because she remembered some of the numbers.

Now she is lucky if she keeps her job. She is a toy short of a happy meal, and her poor children are going to pay for it.

link   

attention ? they hate her guts.

Right but she is getting her 15 minutes.

I didn't say she was trying to make friends I said she wants the attention.

link   

I like how she says she is not even sure she won and the numbers look familiar.

All I can say is that if she has won, she'll be broke within years with that mentality.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

She is a toy short of a happy meal

Well put.

I wouldn't want to work there if I did that to my co-workers.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you read the article, the majority of the pooled money lotto tickets were in the office safe at work. However, she was given another $5 for the pool that would be purchased by her on her way home and evidently not put in the safe with the others.

They are going to have a hard time proving which tickets were paid for by her own $$$ and which ones were paid for with the extra $5.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Money is like poison for the soul. Seriously. I really think having that kind of money erodes a person's humanity. Even the prospect of having that kind of money does harm, as we can see by this lady. I hope if she won she shares..then again maybe it's better for everyone if she doesn't?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This could have been avoided.

In my office, we play.

One person ( a manager) collects the money and buys the tickets. We all get copies of the
tickets that were purchased in the " work pool".

If we buy our own tickets, then they won't be included in the "pool" tickets.

Seems easy to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
This could have been avoided.

In my office, we play.

One person ( a manager) collects the money and buys the tickets. We all get copies of the
tickets that were purchased in the " work pool".

If we buy our own tickets, then they won't be included in the "pool" tickets.

Seems easy to me.

I worked at an office once and we did it almost the same way.

Never won anything.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Win with her own money or not, she's gettting a $105 Million, she can give each of them a million to shut them up or to buy better lawyers to sue the crap out of her. If they did that, they better hope she isn't right or they'll be back to work at McDonald's again for $7.50 / hour.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To her credit with 7 children at least she was working and not collecting welfare as many would like think all poor single mothers do.
I liked what the McDonald's owner had to say "it all sounds like bull---*- to me"

Somebody is full of it but it's hard to say who.
When you're talking about that much money suddenly everyone turns into a liar.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
When you're talking about that much money suddenly everyone turns into a liar.

The nail has been hit on the head.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Too bad the workers weren't a little smarter about the whole thing. My wife's workplace did the same thing for the recent mega-millions, but here's what they did. They pooled the money, bought the tickets, then made a copy of all the tickets they bought and distributed it along with a list of the participants. That way, if a "pooled" ticket won, it would be right on the piece of paper given to every participant. There would be no way to weasel out of the co-op. There is no way for these guys to prove what she says is incorrect. But if I were here, I'd leave town immediately.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I guess but if somebody pulled that on me they better watch their back!

Watch their back?

Your going to assault someone who wins but doesnt give you any money why? As this poster said, its quite possible she DID buy tickets outside of her work group. In any work group lottery deal, you buy the tickets, photocopy, and then give all the copies to each person who contributed. So, if these other people were shafted, they should be able to prove so.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Every office pool that I have been a part of would make a photocopy of the office pool tickets and had each person a copy of the tickets.

If the Mcd employees did this there would not be a question at all.

Now why didn't they?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs
If you read the article, the majority of the pooled money lotto tickets were in the office safe at work. However, she was given another $5 for the pool that would be purchased by her on her way home and evidently not put in the safe with the others.

They are going to have a hard time proving which tickets were paid for by her own $$$ and which ones were paid for with the extra $5.

Not if it is a convienence store that she bought them at. Just run back the camera and check the ticket time. If she did buy a 5$ ticket for herself it would be recorded.
edit on 2-4-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join