It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This year's weather is strange and getting worse - Maybe it is the end?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It may be nothing more than cyclical change but that doesn't stop it having a big effect on humanity. Our traditional growing areas are changing and we will need time to catch up with this. In the meantime there are more mouths to feed than ever before and this will be challenging to say the least. Surely this is a good enough reason to pay close attention to changing weather patterns, so we can change with it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
reply to post by yellowbeard

'Astonishing' heat in March set records for the month

For tens of millions of americans, recored heat for their lifetimes.

usa today

I love eggs, but your wrong. maybe in other parts in the world its not been the warmest. Here in America it was.

I love the way this is stated in your quote "For tens of millions of americans, record heat for their lifetimes"
Your population as of today, according to the almighty wikipedia is 313,292,000 people so that's in the hundreds of millions so if we call your "tens of millions" ten percent of that figure at 31 million or so we then need to ask how many of your population are young.......

In 2009 25% of your population was under 20 (wiki again), so it looks like your "record for tens of millions" probably just means the last 15 or 20 years maybe less, in fact the 15 years would make it 1997, just like my quote stated

Please use proper figures and facts, not fudged figures meant to make it look like a significant number
edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: typo

edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: added a litle

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't think it is the end. It appears to me that while there does seem to be "different" patterns arising, it is just nature being nature.

I do agree that we need to observe the patterns closely and attempt to adapt to the shifts. I personally recall the difficulties of last spring. Overly wet planting season then a dry summer. Perhaps we need to be building more earthen reservoirs to store spring rains just in case this trend continues. Having excess stored irrigation sources is not nearly as bad as not having them if and when you need them. Plus, it might help provide some flood control if planned properly.

As I said, I am not convinced the shifts and "seeming" changes are anything but normal and natural, but i don't think it's a good idea to ignore the possibility that the changes may become permanent or maybe get more extreme...Preparedness is always a good thing....hope for the best but plan for the worst...and everything will be fine.

Just my $0.02

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

reply to post by yellowbeard

'Astonishing' heat in March set records for the month

For tens of millions of americans, recored heat for their lifetimes.

usa today

I love eggs, but your wrong. maybe in other parts in the world its not been the warmest. Here in America it was.

I love the way this is stated in your quote "For tens of millions of americans, record heat for their lifetimes"
Your population as of today, according to the almighty wikipedia is 313,292,000 people so that's in the hundreds of millions so if we call your "tens of millions" ten percent of that figure at 31 million or so we then need to ask how many of your population are young.......

In 2009 25% of your population was under 20 (wiki again), so it looks like your "record for tens of millions" probably just means the last 15 or 20 years maybe less, in fact the 15 years would make it 1997, just like my quote stated

Please use proper figures and facts, not fudged figures meant to make it look like a significant number
edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: typo

edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: added a litle

I was qouting the news article not my own figures. If you took time to read the article you would of seen that instead of trolling it up. Check your facts before posting stuff you have no idea about.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

When i say the end, i dont mean the end of mother earth. I mean the end of humanity to a point. We as humans can only endure so much. If we start hitting 150+ many many people will start keeling over.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

My facts speak for themselves, it's you quoting misleading garbage

I'm bored of you now, so have fun with your "end of the world" 'cos I'm off out to enjoy myself

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by KingJod

I'm bored of you now, so have fun with your "end of the world" 'cos I'm off out to enjoy myself

Yes, go be a good sheeple and go enjoy yourself playing in the field with the other sheep. baaa baaa baaa, end of the world for us. not mother earth.

P.s. Your facts are false and since you went to yahoo news. Who's qouting misleading garbage?
edit on 3-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

and your qouting wiki. Seriously, you want to troll me. Wiki? I could put whatever i want on there. Some times you troll sheep amuse me beyond comedy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh boy! Another something is gonna kill me thread.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not only is it getting stranger by the month and year but also much more violent..
Another great weather thread and S&F to the OP

To relate to the violent weather part here is a link to a thread in progress which should give you some idea of how things are changing here there and everywhere.
Link
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13825506#pid13825506

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I can assure you I understand the weather and ecology more then you do. And the 100th what is up with the weather thread this month is not providing anyone new information.

And someone going: It rained today! Isn't going to help you see "patterns' Lame reasoning.

A simple look through the forum would of told you it has been done to death, and people are still making threads.

The answer still is the articl oscillation and la nina. Look it up, you will have your answer in 2 minutes of reading.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Damrod

When i say the end, i dont mean the end of mother earth. I mean the end of humanity to a point. We as humans can only endure so much. If we start hitting 150+ many many people will start keeling over.

Well from previous summers that have been warm it seems to me that 110 degree weather seems to take a lot of people to the grave early, especially in big hot cities.....
Just imagine 150 degrees........that would be a major death toll for sure, maybe that is why FEMA has been stock piling body bags?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Had that last statement all wrong, will actually have to see who I am responding to later after reading the posts better. somebodies response to this guy to that guys response gets me screwed up sometimes as to who I am talking to.

edit on 3-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

P.s. Your facts are false and since you went to yahoo news. Who's qouting misleading garbage?

and your qouting wiki. Seriously, you want to troll me. Wiki? I could put whatever i want on there. Some times you troll sheep amuse me beyond comedy.

Point 1;"P.s. Your facts are false and since you went to yahoo news. Who's qouting misleading garbage?"

Yep, first I saw it on yahoo, and then, just to be sure, I checked it elsewhere. It's called research, you should try it sometime

point 2; "and your qouting wiki. Seriously, you want to troll me. Wiki? I could put whatever i want on there."

Yep wiki, I'm pretty sure nobody would have tampered those pretty much irrelevant statistics pages just to ruin your fantasies, no matter how deluded you are .

Point 3;
Yep I enjoyed my couple of mile walk round the fields with my dog in the perfectly normal (if possibly slightly radioactive) April shower

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by KingJod

I can assure you I understand the weather and ecology more then you do. And the 100th what is up with the weather thread this month is not providing anyone new information.

And someone going: It rained today! Isn't going to help you see "patterns' Lame reasoning.

A simple look through the forum would of told you it has been done to death, and people are still making threads.

The answer still is the articl oscillation and la nina. Look it up, you will have your answer in 2 minutes of reading.

I'm not talking about patterns with just rain. I am talking about patterns of wierd weather. Whats the point of this site, if we don't share what we see or find. I wouldnt care if something new came up every second. It's all relevant. My thread wasnt whats up with the weather, if you would actually read it (like most people don't) and not skim. You would see it started talkign about sprites (which usually happen in the summer time) whats wierd is that the sprites started 3 months earlier then normal. Which i did search and came up with no results. YOu might know more about weather and ecology but i promise you i know more about researching then you do.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It seems to me that people tend to base their views on local conditions or their own experience during our short lifetimes. For every place that has experienced a warmer than usual winter, you will find another that has had the exact opposite.

For instance here in Anchorage we had a brutal winter and are only now getting normal temperatures. We came within a couple of inches of an all time record snowfall.

In November we had a couple of weeks as much as 30 degrees below normal and got below zero long before it generally happens at the end of December and into January.

Is it the end? No. Humans have survived far more dramatic changes many times and done so without the technological advantages we have now.

Since no matter how hard science tries to hide it, they cannot yet predict the weather for more than a few hours or days, I believe their fear mongering about this has far more to do with money than real science. They admit no computer yet exists that could run the models they need and yet they make proclamations. They must lie and spread fear to fund their own jobs. I think science will suffer greatly as this becomes the norm. Scientists will join politicians in the incredibly dishonest pursuit of money and protecting their own positions.

What is needed rather than fear and hype is an honest conversation about things like strategies for what crops to plant where and how to cope with this normal climatic fluctuation. We need to get away from fear mongering and insane get rich quick schemes by people like Gore and the Chicago Carbon Exchange. People like Obama will never sell out their friends who stand to make billions overnight with these schemes, as they want their cut later on.

We need leaders, but we have none. We need honesty, but we have none.

edit on 4/3/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It seems to me that people tend to base their views on local conditions or their own experience during our short lifetimes. For every place that has experienced a warmer than usual winter, you will find another that has had the exact opposite.

For instance here in Anchorage we had a brutal winter and are only now getting normal temperatures. We came within a couple of inches of an all time record snowfall.

In November we had a couple of weeks as much as 30 degrees below normal and got below zero long before it generally happens at the end of December and into January.

Is it the end? No. Humans have survived far more dramatic changes many times and done so without the technological advantages we have now.

Since no matter how hard science tries to hide it, they cannot yet predict the weather for more than a few hours or days, I believe their fear mongering about this has far more to do with money than real science. They admit no computer yet exists that could run the models they need and yet they make proclamations. They must lie and spread fear to fund their own jobs. I think science will suffer greatly as this becomes the norm. Scientists will join politicians in the incredibly dishonest pursuit of money and protecting their own positions.

What is needed rather than fear and hype is an honest conversation about things like strategies for what crops to plant where and how to cope with this normal climatic fluctuation. We need to get away from fear mongering and insane get rich quick schemes by people like Gore and the Chicago Carbon Exchange. People like Obama will never sell out their friends who stand to make billions overnight with these schemes, as they want their cut later on.

We need leaders, but we have none. We need honesty, but we have none.

edit on 4/3/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

I love you. I agree 100% with you. We need a George Washington but alas he is no where to be found. Corp greed has ruined this country. Even the weather channel has jumped the band wagon with reality TV. I remember when MTV was about the music now its a garbage channel like the rest.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Point 1;"P.s. Your facts are false and since you went to yahoo news. Who's qouting misleading garbage?"

Yep, first I saw it on yahoo, and then, just to be sure, I checked it elsewhere. It's called research, you should try it sometime

point 2; "and your qouting wiki. Seriously, you want to troll me. Wiki? I could put whatever i want on there."

Yep wiki, I'm pretty sure nobody would have tampered those pretty much irrelevant statistics pages just to ruin your fantasies, no matter how deluded you are .

Point 3;
Yep I enjoyed my couple of mile walk round the fields with my dog in the perfectly normal (if possibly slightly radioactive) April shower

Again if you did your research you would see that majority of the records for the month of march have been broken. Alot of times sites won't be updated and they have older information.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I live in Northern Utah. it was 80 degrees one day, the next dropped down more than 20 degrees and it was snowing, now its beautiful and warm again. Hardly any snow in the Valleys this winter too, Which is odd, but im not complaining i hate the cold!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The weather is fine.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by KingJod

I see you live in the U.K. and you have not noticed a change in the climate lately, well I have because I've worked outdoors all my life and I know we dont get temperatures in the 70/80's in March
.Then a sudden drop to 10c within a week
..I'm trying to get my head around the sudden changes myself but the only explanation I can think of is, either the earths orbit is fluctuating or the sun is doing his thing..

Somethings going on and I dont think it is normal. Thanks for the thread Kingjod.. Ignore the trolls..

edit..Hit the Esc to stop the annoying animated Avatars

edit on 3/4/2012 by lewtra because: head up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join