It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This year's weather is strange and getting worse - Maybe it is the end?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
where i am we were the hottest place in the US last summer but this summer is predicted to be more normal even though we hardly had a winter. having a mild winter doesn't mean a super hot summer. the winter before was COLD and we broke some records for cold weather (i had a pipe freeze and that's NEVER happened) then we had the worst summer on record.

we're probably going to have more hail storms than usual but probably a summer that's not too terrible.

i do not believe climate change is a hoax i do think extreme weather is here to stay but just because we don't have a hot summer doesn't mean everything is fine.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
In Southeast Texas it is hot and muggy just like it always is! High temps have been in the 80's for a while now, and there's nothing unusual about it at all.

Growing up I can remember many a Christmas day playing outside in shorts and a tee shirt, barefoot. We get several years of mild winters and hot summers followed by a few years of cold winters and mild (for here) summers. We really don't get a spring and fall around here. It goes straight from winter to summer almost every year!

Im pretty sure Texas is in the middle of some beyond record breaking drought that started in 2011.

texas drought
edit on 2-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's definitely getting more extreme but I don't believe it's the end. Don't panic. Climate change comes in cycles and always changes. Just because it's different now to what it was 50 years ago doesn't mean we are all going to die. we just need to adapt. The weather in the UK in the last few weeks has been strange.

Last week in parts of Scotland it was nearly 24C, the hottest March day on record today there is a weather warning for significant snow!

If the temperatures in the UK get consistently in the late thirties or higher this summer, then I might start to reconsider.

The UK is also suffering drought conditions that could match or exceed 1976. Hopefully we will get some significant rain before the summer.
edit on 2-4-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

In Southeast Texas it is hot and muggy just like it always is! High temps have been in the 80's for a while now, and there's nothing unusual about it at all.

Growing up I can remember many a Christmas day playing outside in shorts and a tee shirt, barefoot. We get several years of mild winters and hot summers followed by a few years of cold winters and mild (for here) summers. We really don't get a spring and fall around here. It goes straight from winter to summer almost every year!

Im pretty sure Texas is in the middle of some beyond record breaking drought that started in 2011.

texas drought

We have more than made up for it so far this year. We have received as much rain in the first 3 months of this year as we usually get in 6 to 12 months. It has rained more than it has been not raining- heck, it's pouring down outside right now! I haven't been able to mow my back 40 this year at all because it's all muddy and my mower keeps getting stuck!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

texas drought

We have more than made up for it so far this year. We have received as much rain in the first 3 months of this year as we usually get in 6 to 12 months. It has rained more than it has been not raining- heck, it's pouring down outside right now! I haven't been able to mow my back 40 this year at all because it's all muddy and my mower keeps getting stuck!

Let me get this straight, you have had more rain fall in the first three months that you get in half to a full year? And weather is normal down there? I dont think i am following correctly is that normal or not?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Trust me, it's normal. 45 years and you get used to it! There's a saying around here "If you don't like the weather just wait a little bit!" This is a place of weather extremes. We go from drought to hurricanes and back again at the drop of a hat. Nothing unusual.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It was a crazy warm winter in Southern Ontario and I was a little creeped out by it, but then we had snow and sleet this weekend so I am feeling a bit better. Temperatures are normal for this time of year today.

But there have been other years. We have a picture of me riding a bike in a t-shirt and there are still Christmas Decorations on the streetlights, also one of myself and my brothers in shorts and t-shirts for a March Easter. These would be 70's and early 80's I also remember working for a company that sold road de-icing products in the late 90's that almost went broke because there was no snow that year.

We used to blame it on el nino.

The year my daughter was born - 2007, the snow banks were 6 feet high minimum all winter. I also remember being trapped in our home back in the 70's because of a huge blizzard.

Back in 1979 in Woodstock Ontario, our house was hit by a tornado. Last year in Goderich Ontario, our cottage was hit by a tornado.

If I have experienced this much extreme winter in my 40 years, in a small area of the world, then all in all, there really isn't anything to worry about.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Celcius? Celcius?

Speak English man! For us less fortunate.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

and in the scottish case...... later, as the record was set about 60 years ago. which adds to the "whats all the fuss about"

it would be intresting to know the age of everyone that thinks the weather has gone crazy, something tells me there not going to be old enough to remmber more than a few years back

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NTellect
Down here in GA we have the most bi-polar weather. During winter, I can only recall about 2 weeks worth of days where you really needed a large jacket or sweater. In February, normally our coldest month, I was in shorts on numerous occasions. Now for the past few weeks it has been in the 70s or 80s. I expect this summer to top the hundreds frequently.
edit on 2-4-2012 by NTellect because: typo

I agree about summer temps this year...

A year ago, and the year before that, temps got to 125 heat index in most of the country, and it is getting hotter...

My guess is that at least one state will see a record temps in the 130's.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by KingJod

I'm from the Mid-West as well.

I've seen weather like this back in the mid-Eighties.

Just a few years after scientists had predicted that a new Ice Age was coming upon us.

edit on 2-4-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

I remember this too... I think the Sun is responsible for this. Sad thing is, IMHO is that our earthbound weather scientists have not looked close enough to the Sun over the years (they've left it up the astronomers) to see if there is any correlation with Sun activity and our weather. Some astronomers apparently started to put two and two together about ten years ago (www.tmgnow.com...). Now it appears that the normal 11 year ebb between Sun spot activity is shortening too (down to about 10 years between cycles - see previous link). I don't think that our burning of fossil fuels and it's apparent link to Global Warming is anything compared to what the Sun can throw at us any given minute. Nope. Me thinks It's the warmth and light giving Sun that will finish us off (or most of us anyway).

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am no scientist by any means. I can only research what the internet and books let me. I do follow the sun, weather and earthquakes and all three have been getting more active in the last 5 years i have been researching.

I am waiting for the sun to shoot the big hadouken towards us. Alot of people will say its normal and it happens all the time. They are wrong. When the sun shoots x8 right for us. then forget it. We will all be baked and not in the good way.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ok the world runs in cycles
dont u think its about time for one of those cycles to thin the heard
good bye sheeple hahahaha
still highly unlikely? i guess the world will never end ever cause thats how u people act somtimes

truth is it prob wont till the sun dose but we will

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
It's definitely getting more extreme but I don't believe it's the end. Don't panic. Climate change comes in cycles and always changes. Just because it's different now to what it was 50 years ago doesn't mean we are all going to die. we just need to adapt.

Major destruction comes in cycles too (just thought I would point that out
).
Also whether it is part of cyclical change or not, it's a fact that crop growth etc has been significantly affected by changing weather patterns, record breaking drought and flooding and generally unstable weather. It may not be the end of the world (at least not for those of us in the right place at the right time) but coming at a time of significant population growth and global economic turmoil this is NOT GOOD.
I'm past 60 so getting to the end of my own life cycle. It's kids and grandkids people like me should be worried for.
edit on 3-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
To put this in perspective a little, the multiple quotes of record temperatures for march appear in articles and then in this article on yahoo news it has tucked away at the bottom

The weather is in stark contrast to March's mini-heatwave - the only years to have a warmer March in the past 100 years were 1938, 1948, 1957, 1990 and 1997.

So a hot march isn't particularly rare then, I'd call that a fail on the global warming scaremongering

link
edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
To put this in perspective a little, the multiple quotes of record temperatures for march appear in articles and then in this article on yahoo news it has tucked away at the bottom

The weather is in stark contrast to March's mini-heatwave - the only years to have a warmer March in the past 100 years were 1938, 1948, 1957, 1990 and 1997.

So a hot march isn't particularly rare then, I'd call that a fail on the global warming scaremongering

link
edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: (no reason given)

I went to your site and this is what was qouted

Motorists have faced difficult driving conditions as snow blanketed parts of the country.

I see nothing of the sort of other years being hotter then this march, unless your talking about the comments section when anyone can say anything they want.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Where I live the weather is finally improving
I guess we will eventually pay
I hope we get an adequate amount of rain up here this year, the beautifully mild winter here has it's drawbacks. I'll put my faith in mother nature to take care of us.
I wouldn't mind a few weeks in the nineties up here this summer so I can get a cooler full of beer and lay on the beach on a big towel. I hope the kids don't try dragging me into the water thinking I am a beached whale

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

My guess is that at least one state will see a record temps in the 130's.

My vote will be New Mexico or Arizona. I have seen temps this high before, when in a desert.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

It would seem they've changed the content completely on the page for some reason, I can assure you that what I've quoted was at the end of the article that was originally there.

Evidently a cover up

edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: Cos me smiley didn't work

Edit
If you copy and paste the part of the quote that's bold into google, you'll get multiple hits with the same figures

edit on 3/4/12 by yellowbeard because: Teaching someone to suck eggs

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

'Astonishing' heat in March set records for the month

For tens of millions of americans, recored heat for their lifetimes.

usa today

I love eggs, but your wrong. maybe in other parts in the world its not been the warmest. Here in America it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join