It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sky sound in Chicago, doesn't sound the same as in other videos...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, fellow outside the box thinkers, I'm making a thread for this video because I feel it's pretty important people have a fair chance to protect themselves.

I can't claim to know exactly what the strange sounds heard worldwide are. I know the MSM is reporting them, which originally led me to think... bluebeam?

It could be. Maybe it's solar wind interacting with our weakening magnetosphere, they are seeing Auroras in the Midwest now (haven't yet seen it myself but always wanted to- maybe not so close to home though..)

We don't know enough to say yet whether this phenomenon is natural or man made, having experienced the sound first hand though I can tell you now no good can come of this.
Like with shadow people, who I've also had the displeasure in coming in contact with, it feels negative, even though in both instances it's also fascinating.

And these sounds couldn't come at a more provocative time, it IS 2012 after all.

Originally I entertained the thought this was a hoax, or as some have speculated a viral internet campaign for a movie. Actually, I kind of hoped it was a hoax. As I've said, no good can come of this.

Is Mother Earth simply "shaking off the fleas and parasites" as some have put it? Could be, and this is the best scenario that could happen honestly.

Any Chess players on here know what I mean- extrapolate the scenario 10 "moves" ahead and see if there is a favorable outcome, if there is, I welcome the input as it would certainly ease my mind a bit.
Irradiated Oceans, massive animal die-offs, Monsanto, oil spills, etc.. Indisputable facts, enough to put the world on edge, and it has. This isn't even taking into consideration the validity of some of the "conspiracies" out there.

So, here's my video, taken around 3 p.m. sometime in late February (can't recall the exact date) in Chicago, Il.

It sounds "harmonic".

The way I describe it is like the sound you get when rubbing a wet finger around the rim of a wine glass, and doesn't actually have much in common with the other videos I've seen out there except for a rhythmic pulse to it, 4-8 seconds of sound, 4-8 seconds of silence, with the sound starting kind of low, increasing in intensity, then gradually ebbing away.

All I can say is Love those around you, and show it. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Peace, life and love

Ironically, harmony too ATS...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
its hard to say what your hearing...
looks like your standing or whoever is filming,
is standing in a alleyway which can & may have
distorted the acoustics coming from something as
mundane as construction equipment of some type
a few blocks away.... maybe

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's been posted. Last week I think. (no offense)

It is very creepy it reminds me of the music they use to create suspense in a movie.

I agree with you as for it being a bad sign.

Here's the thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

It's a gangway between two buildings, I filmed hanging halfway out of the window.

I'm pretty familiar with construction/city sounds, having been a city dweller a good deal of my life, and as I pointed out to someone else, @ 1:15 you can hear train wheels squeaking, they sound like a whisper compared to "the sound".

By the way, it's a Canon camera, with stereo microphones, in case anyone was curious.

Edit to add: This sound is pervasive, you can feel it when it's heard. It comes from the sky, from all directions at once. There is also no major construction in my area, just an el train, which can be heard in the video @ 1:15 as posted above.

The direction the sound came from was the sky, where as construction sounds will usually be coming from a specific direction on the ground unless very close to the actual work site.

edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: added a paragraph

edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: clarity

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yep, that was me. I decided to make a thread for it in the fragile Earth forum as I thought it more appropriate for a discussion on the video than my introduction thread.

I think hearing this was a major reason for me re-joining ATS in the first place, and I just couldn't wait 20 posts to share it.

I was lucky enough to catch it on my "good" camera as I was filming a scene for a short movie when it happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A few years back we had a similar hum going on where I live, only difference being it was louder and higher pitched. The sound also followed a similar pattern as you described hearing- it would be very loud for a few minutes, then quieter for a few, then would stop for a few minutes and then start all over again. This went on for about three years and was annoying to the point where we in the neighborhood formed "search parties" to try to ferret out where the hum was coming from.

We never did find the source of the hum, and one day it abruptly stopped just like it had started. And just so you know I live in an area that is closer to being rural than suburban. We investigated every possibility and never got an answer.

I noticed that you seem to be in an urban area, and there are innumerable possibilities as to what the noise could be. If it continues long term I would encourage you and your neighbors to investigate, although chances are you might never know. At least you would have done your due dilligence.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm in Chicago and I heard those sounds as well. Made the hair on my neck stand. Very odd but interesting!

2012 is going to be sweet!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It's very strange, no one ever finds the source for the sounds. In Wisconsin the MSM showed a report where the city dispatched crews to locate the source of the recent strange sounds and were stumped.

All I can say for sure is I've lived in various big cities for years (much of my life actually) and have never heard anything like this. It's definitely not construction, at least not like any construction I've ever heard and I have been on site of a few building projects in my time.

Around what year did the sounds in your area start/stop? Did they sound like the sound I filmed, or like the majority of the youtube ones (Earth groaning)?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davereality

Hey Dave! When did you hear the sound? I've only heard it once, it would be interesting to know how often this is happening.
There are a few videos of this from Chicago on YouTube, maybe we can try to plot the occurrences and look for a pattern?

This is a big, loud city, but this sound is even bigger, and louder.

I was on the North side when I heard this (but am 100% SouthSider
), what part of the city were you in when you heard the sound?
edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I live in the Northwest corner of Washington State, near the beach. On the morning of Monday February sixth I heard a very high pitched tone that was like nothing else I have ever heard. It was a "pure" constant high pitched tone that made me stand up and take notice. It started out faint but quickly gained intensity and became very loud. The whole experience lasted about forty five seconds. My first thoughts were a car alarm or a circular saw, which I discounted quickly because of the time, it was five a.m. and my car alarm does not sound like that at all. I than thought tsunami siren, but again, that is not what it was, that pulses, this was constant. Of course that morning I looked up strange sounds on ats and youtube and found someone who recorded THE EXACT SAME SOUND a few days earlier in another part of the country. Go to 4:10 in this video (and yes I know the clips in the beginning of this vid are most likely total b.s.):

I know all about the "strange sounds" that are going on right now and this did not sound like any I had heard about before, i.e. The rumbling or scraping/horn sounds or like what I have experienced years ago (check out sig link.)
edit on 2-4-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by twtankhamwn

The noises stopped last year and started around three to four years before. It was like the hum you posted, but higher in pitch and much louder. A group of my neighbors (approximately 7 to 10 0f us at different times) actively sought out the source of this sound that seemed to come from the sky, checking out everything from cell phone towers to gas drilling wells to whirleybirds on top of people's houses! There isn't the possibility of underground tunneling here as we live in a swampy region barely above sea level, and officials around here didn't have a clue as to what it could be.

A source was never located and the sound stopped abruptly this past Fall. It drove us nuts for well over three years trying to figure out where the sound was originating from. I think we are all just glad it finally stopped!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
your probably not going to believe me but thats another type of lifeform contacting or perhaps trying to say something but cannot do it right. I hear the english they speak but only to me. it comes from the sky and only I hear it. but ive affected their technology and that partly why your all getting this effect. Im not lying.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i've heard the same exact sound, many times past couple weeks, im about 25 minutes from chicago.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Yes, this is the first footage (the Pennsylvania clip you noted) that I've seen sounding anything close to what I heard. Right on, thanks. Any theories?

Edit: Just read the link in your sig, whoa. It doesn't seem you were describing the same noise, though similar. This is fascinating, give me a second to read your thread I'd like to know more of your experience.
edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: see above

Okay, reading your thread now. Posted to it with some questions.
edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: moved paragraph

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I'm pretty open minded, I've seen a good number of things in the World that most don't even want to know about, let alone believe in. We all have a path we walk.

Truthfully, I'm fascinated. I'd love to hear you expand on your post.

When you say life form, do you think it's native to the planet? Maybe something that lives in the sky (those fast silver rods caught on video maybe) or extraterrestrial?
edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: added line

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That's so bad!
A sound so mysterious you've got to check out the whirlybirds on houses

I know the feeling, after hearing it I went out and scanned the skies and area. Of course, nothing....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gak730

You say MANY times? I'm curious, are you North, South, or West of Chicago?
edit on 2-4-2012 by twtankhamwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I had to look and see if it was still April 1.

Please elaborate on the type of beings these are and I would like to know how you have effected their technology. Is this something that was good? Is this something that we all can do? Is there any reason why any of us would want to do this?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
sounds like one of those old plastic elephant trunk lookin toys you fling around in circles, i forgot what their called.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I live in Des Plaines by O'Hare and there are times at night I can hear the jet engines as the planes sit on the tarmac. Sounds similiar to what you have posted OP. I have not heard any other out of the ordinary sounds though. Very interesting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join