It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Dreams scripted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Do you ever get the weird sensation whilst Dreaming that you know what happens next? Like you expect certain things to occur and they do? Even lucid Dreams have a feeling of similarity and familiarity to them. Dreams do seem to contain some pretty random and bizarre things, but who is to say they have not been planted there? To be experienced at that exact time in that exact sequence. Maybe you were meant to experience that ridiculously incoherent Dream just the way you did! Does Fate exist in the Dream World?

Perhaps Dreams are really just plays written by our unconscious while we are awake, witnessed and experienced while we are asleep.
edit on 2/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: bolded statement

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

My dreams seem more real when I am thinking about them awake, then they do while I'm dreaming, My dreams feel too much like reality for me to think I am dreaming.

I should write stories about them, people would just go Wow.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have very very strange dreams.

Once I dreamed I was shopping in Walmart when the Soviets suddenly took over the store. My friends and I launched a counter offensive out of the sporting goods department. We created some sort of trap using barbells, fishing gear, tennis balls, and women's spandex exercising outfits.

It would ease my mind a LOT to know my dreams are somehow implanted. But I think dreams are simply your brain's way of cleaning house.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented

My dreams seem more real when I am thinking about them awake, then they do while I'm dreaming, My dreams feel too much like reality for me to think I am dreaming.

That's interesting. Maybe it's due to the way the mind operates during different states of consciousness? Our normal waking abilities such as rationalising and reasoning appear to function much differently in the Dream World.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No, I have never felt I had a feeling of what will happen next. They just seem to be like I'm watching it as a movie some times and other times not. I think dreams can have spiritual meaning and some might just reflect what we were thinking about that day. I have had plenty of strange dreams since I was a child.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The first couple chapters of Destiny of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton talks about grief. In it he says that spirits can make dream worlds and scenarios when they are advanced enough. The dreamer has to be in a specific state of acceptance to be ready to get the messages that the spirit (usually a family member) is trying to tell you.

I had a dream of this sort. I walked into a familiar house where lots of family gather every holiday, then at the table was my great grandmother. She lived into her 90's and passed away about 10 years ago. I went right up to her and hugged her and she said, "I never got the chance to tell you goodbye". And I hadn't. Then the dream had me lose my kindle.

When I woke up I found my kindle (I was reading the final chapters of Destiny of souls) and then I remembered the dream.
So to answer your question, I think that dreams can be scripted, but perhaps not all the time.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

There are many different types of dreams.

Do you feel this in all dreams, or just some of them?

I, personally, do not believe all dreams to be scripted. But, I do understand what you mean by that feeling of "I already know what's next".

Also, you may be dreaming the same dream you've dreamed before. This happens to me at times. I don't realize it's the same dream until I realize that I've already dreamed about it before and really do remember what happens next - this is the point where you can take control and make something new happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well if dreams can be scripted, I need a new writer who listens...
I need more dreams of Alyssa Milano, Jennifer Love Hewitt and myself

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Very interesting you bring this up. I get this ALL the time. I never really bothered to ask any one about it because it is hard to explain.

However, I wouldn't say it is from them beng scripted.

I can never see "feel" far into the future when I am dreaming, just the next moment. Which could mean I am either A) Expecting something to happen and thusly manifesting through the theoretical Law of Attraction or B) We are less-limited in dreaming (which we are) and able to have more mental capacity which allows us a slight bit of precognition.

Either way, I know exactly what you are talking about. For me, it is like I get a very intense feeling of expectation that this certain event is about to happen and then it does.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

That is a fascinating perspective. Looks like I really need to check out this Destiny of Souls book.

reply to post by ottobot

There are in fact many different types of dreams and I did overlook this in the OP. But the feeling I was describing is not due to having similar dreams before (even tough this does occur from time to time), it is more having a type of knowledge that the current dream is going as it should and I am playing the part I should be playing.

reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Another interesting perspective. I agree about the moment thing.
edit on 3/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I tend to always have nightmares. My husband dies-through murder or an accident or a combination of both, my kid catches the plague and dies, that sort of thing. Always about losing a loved one. I have been both beheaded and shot in the head in my dreams, repeatedly, but then the dream just segues into something else, a different world, whatever, and I'm still there. My first memorable dream was of a temple being destroyed. I was three years old. As I got older I had dreams that felt good. I would be in a lush, beautiful place, walking with a boy whose face I could never see. And then... he would fall off a cliff, break to pieces, whatever. Or someone would steal him. Those dreams stopped when I met my husband; he replaced the dream companion and died and died over and again in his turn.

Sometimes I can influence my dreams. For example, after horrifically losing my kid to the plague, I "decided" that she was not dead at all. And then I found her again. But I don't have what you would call good dreams. I don't win any money, have a hot fantasy, or visit a beautiful place free of disaster. The only alternative to nightmares is having three glasses of wine or a Xanax and not remembering what I dream.

I guess I am haunted. I would like to have one nice, relaxing dream. I jokingly put a dream catcher in my room. Does no good. I suppose I will live and die this way. No one knows why. I have a theory that I won't share here, and it goes along with the pattern of the dreams. I wish I could say there was a lesson in all of this-maybe that death is an illusion? That we come back, so there is no real death? But then why is the loss so devastating? Who knows. God doesn't pick up the phone when I call to ask why.

If anyone has any suggestions for having good dreams, I would love to hear them!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It can be scripted in the way that everything you have done in your life to the very moment you fall asleep will affect what you will dream about. Just like it will affect how you will live your life tomorrow, there is a script we follow, but it's not a solid one, it's easy to control.

In lucid dreaming, there may be a background script e.g background random people, trees etc. But I am in control of my own personal script.

.....ugh I'm confused now.

edit on 3-4-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is generated out of your own subconcious, so the de ja vu feeling wouldn't be that abnormal.

Not to mention, you can train yourself to dream of what you want.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyTwoCrowns

I'm sorry to hear that. I really do hope you can soon experience a pleasant peaceful dream that is void of any type of negativity.

Have you tried any of the following:
- burning incense before you go to bed
- listening to your favourite music before going to bed
- reading a book or watching an uplifting movie before bed

I find that in many cases it is my mood before going to sleep that influences the type of dream I have. If I am a neutral mood, I will have a neutral dream. If I am feeling low then I will have a bad dream. Not always the case but often it is. That's why it is so important to feel relaxed and at peace (to the best of your ability) when heading off to bed.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by LadyTwoCrowns

I'm sorry to hear that. I really do hope you can soon experience a pleasant peaceful dream that is void of any type of negativity.

Have you tried any of the following:
- burning incense before you go to bed
- listening to your favourite music before going to bed
- reading a book or watching an uplifting movie before bed

I find that in many cases it is my mood before going to sleep that influences the type of dream I have. If I am a neutral mood, I will have a neutral dream. If I am feeling low then I will have a bad dream. Not always the case but often it is. That's why it is so important to feel relaxed and at peace (to the best of your ability) when heading off to bed.

Stretching and breathing exercises help out alot too...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Dreams are nothing but your subconcious mind at work. The mind never sleeps. Neither does the body. Peace.

new topics

top topics

join