It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Had A Father He Would Look Like Barak Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
May our entertainment come from cops, because they are always moral.
According to our law, we have presidents so we need no judges...
A free and open republic, needs more than 500,000 laws, to be safe and secure.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am not clear why you believe I have accused Obama of manufacturing controversy. I have never stated any such thing. Your "honest" beliefs are not as honest as I once knew them to be if you "honestly" believe I wouldn't take any other President to task for the same imprudence.

Here is the deal, my friend. I created a thread using that single remark as a starting point to criticize the dubious statements of Obama, Fluke, Rivera, and Cooper, as well as criticize other points of U.S. political madness, but you and others could care less about any of that and keep insisting on making this thread just another Obama/Martin thread. That's a shame, but this is why I posted this in the forum I did.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

If I had a Barack Obama, I would call it Barry Soetero and demand its birth certificate, college records, and the right to backhand that scary woman he calls "wife"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Jean Paul I believe you did an admirable job. Thank you for the thread as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
May our entertainment come from cops, because they are always moral.
According to our law, we have presidents so we need no judges...
A free and open republic, needs more than 500,000 laws, to be safe and secure.

Thank you for attempting to put this thread back on a more compelling track. The Madness of U.S. political rhetoric is long past alarming. Our national proclivity towards accepting an out of control police state, unconstitutional actions on both a federal and states level, and more than a half a million acts of legislation is the back drop to the dog and pony shows staged by politicians and media talking heads.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If I had a news network, it'd look like the Miss USA pageant held at a circus, complete with horses and ponies; jugglers and clowns.

Was that a good one?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If I had a president, I could careless what he looked like, but I'd want him to act like John Wayne, George Washington, Chuck Norris, and Capt. (by god!) James Tiberius Kirk!

Obama In Scotties voice " I'm giving everything shes got but they still aren't buying my BS".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
But you do have a father!
Everyone has a father unless you are an earthworm or a clone.

you silly fella!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hey everybody. How are you guys doing?

So ya, all Obama said is that he had sympathy for the family of the deceased and that he has faith that law enforcement would handle it. He did not take a side or try to incite a race war, that's just retarded rhetoric. BTW, even if he had gave his opinion on who did what. This is America where everyone is allowed to have opinions even the president. To say otherwise is wrong.

On the other hand, I find that using the deceased as a vehicle to bash the president is very disrespectful. You may bash Obama all you like, Its a free country and I have learned not to care. But I sincerely ask that you refrain from using Trayvon Martin to push your agenda.

I will only ask once, of course. Because you wont comply or will come back with some type of reasoning to justify it and asking again would be a practice of redundancy since you have already made up your minds.

Have a nice day all.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As usual, I opened up a JPZ thread, and was thoroughly entertained. Great job guys

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't know why this does not seem to authenticate the terror of young black boy killed in a murderous frenzy for being black. Everything else being the same would George Zimmerman have shot this kid if he were white? We'll never know but I don't think he would. And in the bigger scheme of things it doesn't really matter. What is being tested is the stand your ground law.
We are coming face to face with the consequences of fairly recent FL legislation that allows anyone to shoot anyone and claim self defense. I was under the impression it was your car or your home that you could defend fatally and in public you could use equal force or something like that. Not just walk around with an itchy trigger finger. But the laws changed recently and that is the bigger issue within this Trayvon thing.
I want to protect guns and the freedom to bear arms but I want to protect a lot more freedoms than that. Liberal that I am I think people can handle guns but why do you stop with that? Why let someone force their religion on you and make laws based on religious texts? I think PEOPLE should have the LIBERTY to decide their own religion. They should choose who they marry, what B/C to use and be responsible for their own reproductive health. I think privacy and doctor patient rights should be respected. I think PEOPLE can handle their cigarettes, alcohol as well as a few other drugs presently deemed illegal for political reasons alone - Some drugs should be legalized and regulated and this would not only solve so many border issues but save countless lives.
Sex workers should also be legalized and regulated, arresting victimized women isn't the answer (the worlds oldest profession isn't going away) Is it really fair to just move prostitution somewhere else? That one liberal concept would save lives, and innocent people sold as sex slaves and trafficked. Again - Why wouldn't you do it? Conservatives are great at pretending a-moral things DON'T HAPPEN.
And PEOPLE do need a nationalized act making health care affordable but then I come from the days of the $25 and $50 doctors visit. In those days they were not deliberately trying to kill you either. You don't have a medical business if you promote HEALTH and HEALTHY CHOICES which is why anything that seems to make good health sense is fought like its unconstitutional to even suggest it. Like a tax on junk food and warnings on cigarettes, even healthy choices in children's school lunches.
This is a market manipulation that is deliberately creating and at least ASSURING... A STEADY SUPPLY of sick people who are in turn assuring the survival of both the insurance and medical fields as thriving industry. This is manipulated and laws are passed and fought by uber rich elitist that own or invest in these business running them as privatized for profit agencies. I think people at the FDA are paid to turn their heads. Rockefeller owned most of the drug rights in this country in the 40's and everything is a subsidy of those early holdings. They rule.
The Medical Industry & Insurance Conglomerates have tentacles in F&D and connections and power coiling around aspects of government insidiously. These and other CORPORATIONS are enacting legislation harmful, even dangerous to people but expedient for one or two global companies - strip mining somewhere, extracting oil or turning asunder and Monsanto Spraying some fields in the Midwest. Politicians have certainly brought this all about thanks to lobbyist gaining favoritism while we were not paying attention. But...

Who protects the WORKER? Who protects the CONSUMER?
That politician is my hero and the rest need to be taken from office.

Anyway it is only fair I ramble since I had to listen to you, meaning I was brought here by deceit as you are not a young black boy, point being I agree Barack Obama shouldn't have involved himself in this argument. You would think he learned something from the Gates fiasco where he chimed in with an opinion and was made to look foolish by the Police afterwards, then he had to throw a beer party. We all laughed it off. So he makes a mistake here and there. He is only human. At least I am fairly certain, not so the other side. At least he has not already proved he is anti-human, anti-worker, anti-organizer, anti-protester, anti-woman and anti-labor. He is not taking Constitutional rights like the 4th amendment away from people and assigning personhood to corporations and fetus's...feti?
That is the most and best I can ask of a President or Presidential candidate these days.
Some interesting times indeed.

edit on 2-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sans Hipster jibber jabber, please xplain how Obama saying the boy would resemble his son is a bad thing? At all?

If anything I think it showed a little humanity. Something rarely seen in politicians. He took it to a personal level. He did not riddle us with cliches and it wasn't a political statement at all.

The bottom line here is that, if you heard the president making this a political issue, you were looking for him to. You were listening for it.
.......Perhaps the one with the issue here is not the president.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Jean, thought you had left the ATS community, however, I applaude you, and find myself not being able to argue one-iota of thought from your post

edit on 2-4-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post byOutKast Searcher

Tragic but not an issue to be taken up by the executive branch.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
and if i had wheels I'd be a wagon.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If we all had some cajones.

Neither a Dem or a Rep would be the president.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I would just like to know how people wanted Obama to respond to the question he was asked?

Please tell us, educate us, on how the POTUS is supposed to answer questions.

Here is the reporters question and Obama's answer. I want all of you to give a better answer than Obama.

Question: Mr. President, may I ask you about this current case in Florida, very controversial, allegations of lingering racism within our society -- the so-called do not -- I'm sorry -- Stand Your Ground law and the justice in that? Can you comment on the Trayvon Martin case, sir?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.

But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together -- federal, state and local -- to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

So I'm glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what's taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we're going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened. Thank you.

Honestly that seems like a non-controversial answer to me and I'm as likely to vote for Obama as I am to wake up in the morning a billionaire. I see nothing wrong with what he said. Although he should have also had empathy for the other parents in this story as well.

The tone of the thread is spot on however. When during all of this has Obama acted as most "Leaders" would and called for calm or for those inciting problems to tone down the hate speech and lynch mob mentality?

Why have no arrests been made in regards to the NBP putting out a contract on any persons life, no matter the circumstance? Sometimes no action speaks volumes about a person and those they chose to be in their inner circle. It would seem the NBP can do anything they wish and be immune until Holder, who Obama should have asked to resign long ago, is gone. In Holders case not enforcing the law equally and according to the law should be in itself a criminal action. A conspiracy to cover up for a crime is a crime I believe.

I'll never get why anyone, no matter their political stance, sticks with candidates who have already proven themselves to be spin artists and bald faced liars? I'm still amazed that no Democrat ran against Obama, since they may have won. Lord knows Obama has done a horrible job of keeping his lies and deceptions off tape and available to any of his supporters who care enough to view them.

The hypocrisy of his statement of warning to the Supreme Court should scream to people that this man is in fact a wanna-be Dictator. Imagine taking an Oath to uphold the Constitution and then saying that? He lied as he was taking office right up front.

Even if a candidate running against him is not exactly desirable either, to defend Obama drags his supporters into the same level below a snakes belly with him.

Being an Independent I can and have voted for people from both Parties. The danger of being an ideologue on either side is it forces a person to often defend the indefensible. The Democrats got screwed also.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
If I had a mother she would look like Sandra Fluke. If I had a brother he would look like Geraldo Rivera's cat. If I had a sister she would look like Anderson Coopers parrot. If I had a nation it would look like alienation. If I had a dream it would look like the American Dream's dog. If I had a hammer it would look like a screwdriver. If I had a screwdriver it would look like prohibition. If I had a clue it would look like sanity. If I had any common sense it would look as rare as a three dollar bill. If I had a three dollar bill it would be worth around a buck twenty five counting inflation. If I had a buck twenty five I would buy a cup of noodles. If I had a cup of noodles I would throw it on the ground and bark at the moon like the 99%

I once angered an elder Chinese man who cursed me and said; "May you live in interesting times."

If I had a clue what the hell you were on about in your OP, I might have found it amusing and compelling. Sadly though I thought you had lost your marbles. Maybe that's because I am not American (nor wish to be) and don't quite get the humour/satire? I don't know....

Having read through the rest of the thread it seems you're angered by the political state the US is in (yes I know that's a rather simplistic rendition), and on that score i'd have to agree with you.

Are you a journalist or satirical political writer? Anyway, this was a little too out there for me, bit low brow while being high brow at the same time, if that makes sense? *shrug*

Your other comments throughout the thread I found entertaining, a tad enlightening (who doesn't know about American despair right?) and I liked the way you phrased things.

S&F!

T

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

And if you had a teenage son, you would be outraged that the man who pursued and shot him to death while he was walking home from the convenience store was not even arrested or investigated and would be offended by those that defended your son's murderer with psuedo-intellectual irrelevant puffery.

When diagnosing the health of our justice system, asking the question "what if it was your son" is a fair place to begin.

I S+F the topic but this is what I truly feel is the most important thing about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

If i had an Obummer he would look very much like he raped our constitution. If I had a Barry Soetoro he would look exactly like an Obama.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join