It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Had A Father He Would Look Like Barak Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If I had a president, I could careless what he looked like, but I'd want him to act like John Wayne, George Washington, Chuck Norris, and Capt. (by god!) James Tiberius Kirk!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Nor did you read anywhere where I made mention of Obama saying if he had a son he would look like Trevor Martin in

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

@Jean Paul: It's "Trayvon", not "Trevor". Unless this is a purposeful misspelling for a reason I have yet to figure out. Can never tell with you (I will not insult you with a smiley emoticon right here)
edit on 2-4-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Nor did you read anywhere where I made mention of Obama saying if he had a son he would look like Trevor Martin in the O.P..

.....If I Had A Father He Would Look Like Barak Obama, ...???

You extrapolated that from the title then your skills of extrapolation went limp as your rage took over. If you cannot be honest with yourself it makes sense you will not be honest in this thread.

Accusations of intellectual impotencey and rage issues aside....to see you lean so heavily on baiting is dissapointing.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

It is not a purposeful misspelling. Indeed, I thought it was Trayvor but when I Googled this to get clarification, Google asked me if I meant "Trevor" so I clicked that and saw all these results for "Trevor". I appreciate your clarification.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

.....If I Had A Father He Would Look Like Barak Obama, ...???

The O.P. is stated as such:

If I had a mother she would look like Sandra Fluke. If I had a brother he would look like Geraldo Rivera's cat. If I had a sister she would look like Anderson Coopers parrot. If I had a nation it would look like alienation. If I had a dream it would look like the American Dream's dog. If I had a hammer it would look like a screwdriver. If I had a screwdriver it would look like prohibition. If I had a clue it would look like sanity. If I had any common sense it would look as rare as a three dollar bill. If I had a three dollar bill it would be worth around a buck twenty five counting inflation. If I had a buck twenty five I would buy a cup of noodles. If I had a cup of noodles I would throw it on the ground and bark at the moon like the 99%

You gleefully extrapolated from the title then willfully refused to do any more extrapolation and have insisted on making this thread about one single event which has been debated in this site ad nauseum. My presence in the way too many threads regarding this incident has been sparse and to the best of my knowledge I have made one post in one of those threads reminding people that a presumption of innocence is best until all the facts are known. Yet you now want me to believe I am the one that is bating?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The question was asked because of the controversy around it. A kid was killed and the man who shot him walked free...after that, right wing media outlets trashed this kids image and painted him as a "thug" wearing a "hoodie"...just a dead black kid...we are probably better off with him dead...right?

It IS a controversial and emotional and racial issue...to act like Obama should just ignore it and dismiss the controversy in this specific case is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yet you now want me to believe I am the one that is bating?

Perhaps you do not understand what "baiting" is? Attempting to insult and provoke someone emotionally to distract for a discussion where the facts might not support you well?

Let's see...
According to you I am a raging, red faced, screaming vigalante unconcerned with facts or the law? A fraud, a liar, deceitful, and perhaps most hurtful...limp skills of extrapolation?

Here you are in this thread, red in the face screaming for justice. To hell with the facts. To hell with the law.

Okay, now you've gone way past pretense and moved into full blown fraud.

This is precisely the deceit I am calling you on, and you still insist on lying

because of your blind rage.

your skills of extrapolation went limp as your rage took over.

A post has not passed where you have not prodded me to engage in personal attacks...It is called "baiting"...it is what folks do when they are having difficulty engaging in the facts.

Please show me where I have said "facts be damned" "To hell with the law"...please show my "screaming"...surely there must be some post here with ALL CAPS or glaringly bold letters?

Please show where I have lied or been decietful?

Baiting ...JeanPaul

And please do not confuse your litany of what I assume to be references to Fox News or MSNBC headlines for some universal cultural touchstone, my powers of "extrapolation" are intact, just not fed by partisan news sources.

If your OP discussed Heraldo Rivera, Inflation, Economic Demise yada yada...I do not see it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Perhaps you do not understand what "baiting" is? Attempting to insult and provoke someone emotionally to distract for a discussion where the facts might not support you well?

1. To place a lure in (a trap) or on (a fishing hook). 2. To entice, especially by trickery or strategy. 3. To set dogs upon (a chained animal, for example) for sport. 4. To attack or torment, especially with persistent insults, criticism, or ridicule. 5. To tease. 6. To feed (an animal), especially on a journey.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Perhaps your narrow understanding of the word is just more baiting. The second definition offered was what you were doing with your original post here:

And if you had a teenage son, you would be outraged that the man who pursued and shot him to death while he was walking home from the convenience store was not even arrested or investigated and would be offended by those that defended your son's murderer with psuedo-intellectual irrelevant puffery.

And of course, both the second definition and the fourth are present in your original post. Your baiting continued with your second post which was a reply to OutKast:

Please don't provide full and accurate qoutes...it limits the ability to discount truth and makes it more difficult to idealogically masterbate....please...the truth is irrelevant when it does not support one's sacred world view.

In that same post:

This thread is a pointed example...You look to debate a single phrase spun in the most convenient way, while others look for the full qoute and context.

More baiting by you with this post:

It is the natural consequence of an idealogy who looks to Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Fox News as thier touchstones for truth.

And the baiting continued with every subsequent post of yours. Your flat out refusal to show any thing near intellectual honesty is one thing, but your blatant deceit is inexcusable.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

The question was asked because of the controversy around it. A kid was killed and the man who shot him walked free...after that, right wing media outlets trashed this kids image and painted him as a "thug" wearing a "hoodie"...just a dead black kid...we are probably better off with him dead...right?

It IS a controversial and emotional and racial issue...to act like Obama should just ignore it and dismiss the controversy in this specific case is ridiculous.

You are the one claiming that the shorter version of a response I offered, per your request, is dismissive. I respectfully disagree with that assessment and it appears now as if you are insisting that Obama should stoop to the level of right wing media outlets. Hmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

1. To place a lure in (a trap) or on (a fishing hook). 2. To entice, especially by trickery or strategy. 3. To set dogs upon (a chained animal, for example) for sport. 4. To attack or torment, especially with persistent insults, criticism, or ridicule. 5. To tease. 6. To feed (an animal), especially on a journey.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

You do realize that I was referring to "baiting" as defined by T&C? Name calling etc?

In that same post:

It is the natural consequence of an idealogy who looks to Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Fox News as thier touchstones for truth.

More baiting by you with this post:

You qouted me twice there

Not interested in following you further from your own OP...whatever that may be....Enjoy the thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You do realize that I was referring to "baiting" as defined by T&C? Name calling etc?

Then practice what you preach!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

And of course, both the second definition and the fourth are present in your original post. Your baiting continued with your second post which was a reply to OutKast:

Please don't provide full and accurate qoutes...it limits the ability to discount truth and makes it more difficult to idealogically masterbate....please...the truth is irrelevant when it does not support one's sacred world view.

One last thing...this was a response to Outkast and it was a critque of dishonest, out of context qoutes and spin at large. It is interesting that you chose to take that personally? You read that post and decided for yourself where you fit into that comment...not I, but you...is it still baiting if you assign yourself a place in a non-personal post?

Irony....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You qouted me twice there

It has been fixed.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Irony....

More like backpedaling. You have no intentions of practicing what you preach and every intention of making gross generalizations and worse blatantly attempting to make this thread about one single incident. There is another word for that in this site, but the administrators would prefer I not use that word and simply just stop feeding you.

Be at peace Indigo.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Obama should have simply extended sympathy to the family.

Nothing more.

He is attempting to use this as a political vote getter.

But many voters see this as negative.

"If I had an Uncle, he would look like this"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If I had a girlfriend she'd look like Carrie Underwood.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

S&F, FIRST time a title has cracked me up. Haven't even read any of the posts yet.

2nd

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Wow...I did not know Anderson Cooper had a parrot.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
'IF' Grandma had balls
she'd be Grandpa.

if if if if if
barf

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The issue was already controversial and racial before Obama made any comment.

You would like us to believe that this was all manufactured by Obama's comments...or at the very least....you want us to believe that our President shouldn't comment on one of the biggest current events in our nation at the time.

I honestly don't believe that if there was someone else in the White House and they made a comment defending the shooters right to bare arms to defend themselves that you or any others opposed to Obama's comments would have an issue with it.

For some people...Obama can't call the sky blue without claims of a mis-step. When there is hate in peoples heart towards a man...they will find anything to complain about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join