It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Had A Father He Would Look Like Barak Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If I had a mother she would look like Sandra Fluke. If I had a brother he would look like Geraldo Rivera's cat. If I had a sister she would look like Anderson Coopers parrot. If I had a nation it would look like alienation. If I had a dream it would look like the American Dream's dog. If I had a hammer it would look like a screwdriver. If I had a screwdriver it would look like prohibition. If I had a clue it would look like sanity. If I had any common sense it would look as rare as a three dollar bill. If I had a three dollar bill it would be worth around a buck twenty five counting inflation. If I had a buck twenty five I would buy a cup of noodles. If I had a cup of noodles I would throw it on the ground and bark at the moon like the 99%

I once angered an elder Chinese man who cursed me and said; "May you live in interesting times."

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
May you have freedom, in a box,
May you see change fill your penny jar,
May the shwarts be with you, and taxed heavily.

May every Tv show, Movie, or book you read be an idea from 40 years beforehand.
May life be only a idea that many still try to prove real.

May we all rest in peace, then wake up to work to pay for the next.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: To remove the angry forum gnome and pay the troll for passage.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If I had an Obama, he'd look like a one term President.

Another good post, Jean Paul.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Brave new world.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
OMG that was great! Star and flag (which doesn't happen very often from me). If I had a father he would look like Stockard Channing. If I had a mother she would look like Col. Allen West. If I had a cat he'd look like Shepard Smith.
edit on 4/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That was a good read.

Definitely made light of alot of topics these days.
I'm sure much could be added to it.

If I had a nickel...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If I had Barak Obama he would look like my father.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If I had a cigar it'd look like a cigar

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

And if you had a teenage son, you would be outraged that the man who pursued and shot him to death while he was walking home from the convenience store was not even arrested or investigated and would be offended by those that defended your son's murderer with psuedo-intellectual irrelevant puffery.

When diagnosing the health of our justice system, asking the question "what if it was your son" is a fair place to begin.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sure, let's pretend that the President of the United States was rising above all the pseudo intellectual puffery and simply starting at a "fair" place instead of recognizing the shameful exploitation of a young mans death to further his own political career. Let's pretend that's real and genuine intellectualism that looks like outrage's gold fish.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Indigo5

Sure, let's pretend that the President of the United States was rising above all the pseudo intellectual puffery and simply starting at a "fair" place instead of recognizing the shameful exploitation of a young mans death to further his own political career. Let's pretend that's real and genuine intellectualism that looks like outrage's gold fish.

I think this post sums up an already brilliant thread!

Its all about choices. Study the choices that Obama has made while sitting as president and realize that they have all been made for political gain. All carefully crafted. The warning of things to come was presented to the nation with his now infamous "Harvard Beer Summit" Too Quick to hear the facts, Rush to judge and a rush to stir trouble. It's been a repeat ever since for Obama. A man so willing to alienate group after group in order to gain the approval of others who he thinks can benefit him the most.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

What could any leader of any kind, left or right - ever say or do that would sound or appear to be the least bit genuine?

Our leaders shouldn't have opinions?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Is it an "opinion" if it is formulated strictly on the emotions of others and/or on poll numbers?

Well, Merriam-Webster says it is not, because an "opinion" must be "formed in the mind".

I ask you, is it appropriate for "our leaders" to make judgements and take action based on their "opinions"? Or, shouldn't we demand they do so only after obtaining all the pertinent facts and evidence?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Is it an "opinion" if it is formulated strictly on the emotions of others and/or on poll numbers?

Well, Merriam-Webster says it is not, because an "opinion" must be "formed in the mind".

I ask you, is it appropriate for "our leaders" to make judgements and take action based on their "opinions"? Or, shouldn't we demand they do so only after obtaining all the pertinent facts and evidence?

I don't think Obama benefits from pandering to his base, it is his base...

If anything Obama is going to hurt his independent appeal with this.

Obama would gain new votes if he proclaimed Treyvon was a violent murdering
thug.
edit on 2-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would just like to know how people wanted Obama to respond to the question he was asked?

Please tell us, educate us, on how the POTUS is supposed to answer questions.

Here is the reporters question and Obama's answer. I want all of you to give a better answer than Obama.

Question: Mr. President, may I ask you about this current case in Florida, very controversial, allegations of lingering racism within our society -- the so-called do not -- I'm sorry -- Stand Your Ground law and the justice in that? Can you comment on the Trayvon Martin case, sir?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.

But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together -- federal, state and local -- to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

So I'm glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what's taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we're going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

:-)

and do we know how Obama formulated his opinion?

my question stands as it is - do we now demand that our leaders have no personal opinions?

they should be impartial?

or - does this new rule only apply to Obama?

edit to add this: in the case we're all talking about here - the pertinent facts and evidence are exactly what we're talking about - it's only after this story received the attention it did that that those facts and evidence got any attention

what harm has been done here? Aside from the fact that Obama haters get a new opportunity to hate some more on Obama

edit on 4/2/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.

That right there would have been perfect. Not another word and if reporters kept pushing a simple assertion that any other statements would be inappropriate at this time would have been Presidential and admirable. Sadly, this is not what happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.

That right there would have been perfect. Not another word and if reporters kept pushing a simple assertion that any other statements would be inappropriate at this time would have been Presidential and admirable. Sadly, this is not what happened.

and you know what - that right there makes sense

but - that's not exactly how you sold it to us - is it?

:-)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Obtuseness is not a color that compliments you, friend. All of my posts in this thread have been critical of over the top politics, including the one you just claimed made sense. The difference between that post and any other of mine is that I edited Obama's most imprudent remark of a son looking like Trevor Martin. I omitted that remark, not Obama who was clearly selling something, I omitted that remark for him.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Please don't provide full and accurate qoutes...it limits the ability to discount truth and makes it more difficult to idealogically masterbate....please...the truth is irrelevant when it does not support one's sacred world view.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join