It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth Star Telegram Doublespeak on Burkett

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Headline reads,

CBS source denies plotting with Kerry

First paragraph reads,

The source of a discredited CBS News report said Thursday that he did not coordinate the release of disputed documents with John Kerry's campaign.

Now I guess if someone parsed the headline in a vacuum then it technically could be read as Burkett did not talk to Kerry himself but anyone with just a smidgion of intellect knows the subject is about collusion with the campaign.

The Star Telegraph gets my award for doublespeak way down at paragraph eighteen when Burkett is quoted saying,

During a single phone conversation with Lockhart, Burkett said he suggested a "couple of concepts on what I thought [Kerry] had to do" to beat Bush. In return, he said, Lockhart tried to "convince me as to why I should give them the documents."

Lockhart tried to "convince me as to why I should give them the documents."

If the above statement does not constitute collusion and influence what the heck does?

And how does the Star Telegram arrive at the misleading headline unless they want this to be parsed to the rediculous conclusion that Kerry personally did not collude with Burkett which has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Fort Worth Star Telegram

join