It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is getting rediculous!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i'm getting really pissed.
whats up with the stupid pop up ads on ats? i'll be in the middle of reading something and an ad pops up full screen,with audio.i cant even shut the ad off,i gotta shut down the whole site,then re load it to finish reading.
or i'll be listening to a radio site,and the ad comes on and blasts out some crap over top of the other thing i'm listening to.
this is incredibly annoying,and quite frankly,intrusive!
if i want to watch an ad i will. i don't need it thrown at me against my will. i realize you guys at ats have to pay your bills,but as the type of site this is,i thought you guys would respect the negative aspects of advertising.
isn't it bad enough we all get bombarded by commercials all day every day,now we get forced to hear more on this site?!!!
what gives?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

it's ok...i'm sure you can personally finance ATS yourself to make it free for the rest of us

j/k. i know it's annoying but it's the price we pay

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
No ads on safari though.. Well no pop ups at least.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What are you talking about?

-bix
NOTEDITED
edit on 2-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

damn beat me to it ad blocker works get. I used to think the same thing when i saw ads for joining the army lol I was like wtf ats

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ad block plus and Do Not Track Plus combo in mozilla. Never get a pop up or under again. Also effective against text landmines (those lines of text that "look" like links but really are advertisements)

X
edit on 2-4-2012 by ExhibitEx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I love Firefox, I love its interface and the add ons, you really can make this browser an extension of your self....Adblock is a "God" send...however, not being able to access chat voyeur is a pain in the ass, and it freezes a lot lately, anyone else have this?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just so you know when the mods close this thread, or start deleting posts, Pop-up and Ad blockers are against the T&C. And can result in termination of your account. Staff is quite serious about it too.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah, they don't want you to use adblockers.

My biggest ad problem has been something called "homemade bungee". It isn't even a pop up, it redirects your page to a bunch of ads that cycle through page after page.

I found this out by trying to just click the back button, after leaving my laptop for a while, and I went back about a dozen pages before I was able to get back to ATS

Also, best to keep your sound turned down all the way.
Some of the ads make you jump out of your skin when they unexpectedly blast out sound

top topics

join