It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booming noises recorded in Clintonville,WI officials release audio.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
rock947.com...

City Administrator Lisa Kuss says a Madison Area Technical College student Brian Sullivan was able to record a boom noise on Saturday March 24th.

Okay well it sounds like this is the same recording ABC posted.

Late last week, Michigan Tech loaned the city four seismometers, and infra-sound equipment to detect the booming noises and seismic activity. Those are now transmitting data in real time to the USGS.

Reports of the booming and shaking died down after Thursday March 22nd, but a handful of reports still flowed in. Last Tuesday, three to four loud booms were called in by 70 different residents.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I just hope it isn't a giant sink hole.

So there is still only one recording? Just isn't right.
edit on 2-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think they are obvious underground explosions. No mystery as to what they are, the only mystery is WHO is exploding WHAT and WHY?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I think they are obvious underground explosions. No mystery as to what they are, the only mystery is WHO is exploding WHAT and WHY?

It sounds like an explosion.

If it was mining then someone would have figured it out by now.

I don't know what it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
nothing to see here...move right along.

i'm sure one of the local audio experts will soon be along to explain to you how that is just the sound of gophers tunneling

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Well, that would get me out of bed too! At this point I'm unsure they will ever truly find a cause for these booms and shakes. (or a cause they are willing to disclose!) What worries me is that they have been going on for so many weeks. I do think something is happening under our feet that we are not being told about or the "officials" don't really understand yet.

I found a Youtube upload of the audio.

OiO

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

so so an explosion...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
weather balloon?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Well, that would get me out of bed too! At this point I'm unsure they will ever truly find a cause for these booms and shakes. (or a cause they are willing to disclose!) What worries me is that they have been going on for so many weeks. I do think something is happening under our feet that we are not being told about or the "officials" don't really understand yet.

I found a Youtube upload of the audio.

OiO

Thanks, you see it's the same recording.

I've seen I think four different videos now but it's always the same audio.

You can tell because after the boom it sounds like someone yells 'whooo'.

In a town of 4,000+ we only have one recording of this? Why?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's just rock formations having sex, more along and give em some privacy. jeez.

Or it's my belly, I'm hungry.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacraficiallamb
weather balloon?

A weather balloon of ScIeNcE~~!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I can only speculate to that, but I think it's because it happens so randomly and mostly overnight/early morning. Plus I'm not sure how many people in a small town would have the setup to record audio for such a long period in hopes of catching something. It pretty much come down to someone with the right setup being there at the right time to get a recording.

OiO

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is the 2nd audio clip that I heard where I hear the boom and then it sounds like a human yelling something afterwards. Anyone else hear the same thing?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I can only speculate to that, but I think it's because it happens so randomly and mostly overnight/early morning. Plus I'm not sure how many people in a small town would have the setup to record audio for such a long period in hopes of catching something. It pretty much come down to someone with the right setup being there at the right time to get a recording.

OiO

Last time they said it lasted 30 minutes.

If it's loud enough to wake people up it shouldn't be too hard to record.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't believe it is a weather balloon. It is most undeniably swamp gas.

I have no idea what is really going on. While it is obvious that it does sound like explosions I suppose it could be from some other mundane source (just can't think of one though).

Hopefully the seismographs will be able to better pinpoint the area where the noises are coming from and maybe we can finally get some answers, unless the government doesn't want us to know the answers of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
This is the 2nd audio clip that I heard where I hear the boom and then it sounds like a human yelling something afterwards. Anyone else hear the same thing?

That is what we were discussing.

It is the same audio clip just a different video.

That is what I want to know why is there only one recording?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Sound's like a Rumble, not a boom and a man going Whoooo... as if surprised, not excited.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I had to listen to this several times before I heard the boom. I have 2 prosthetic bones in my ear, so my hearing is a little different than most people. One thing I noticed when I finally did hear it, was that there was also a metallic "ting" right after the boom.

Did anyone else hear that?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if it is indeed mining. I don't have a clue though how the person who recorded it would be able to pick up the guy yelling. Because if he was closer, then the boom would have been much louder.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

There's another new recording here, youtube.com/watch?v=OrpSIKN4mVw - not a "boom" but another of these odd sounds, might be connected.

new topics

top topics

join