It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS please have a History Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hello ATS members, i am writing this to ask if ATS could have a history forum. Would you like it? I think it would be awesome for everyone as we can all learn from history, and it is also an amazing subject to research and communicate about.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Perhaps more relevant to the purpose of ATS would be a Historical Revision forum, where the orthodox view of historical events can be interrogated and challenged. For example, The Gulf of Tonkin incident and The Reichstag Fire are two well-known incidences where the original interpretation or record of these events was later proven to be false, and orthodox history was thereafter revised.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I actually think both of the above posters have a very good idea.

It will be difficult to include one without the other....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm all for a history forum! Would like to be able to learn some new things on my favorite site haha

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think that would be a great idea! It would be nice to have a forum in which the 'rewriting of history to fit agendas' could be challenged. It would also be nice to bring new perspectives and vantage points to historic events.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I actually think both of the above posters have a very good idea.

It will be difficult to include one without the other....

Inorporate both into the one forum. What say you? Are you up for it

Please say yes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it is not my say whether we do or don't. The owners must deliberate many other factors before such a thing happens; and as they are not wont to lack for plans, it would have to fit into whatever they have on their plates at the moment.

I recommend patience, and a presupposition that we may have to bring the matter up again. I am hoping some other Mods weigh in here, just to see if we can get some opinions on why we might not want to do this.

I can think of one wrinkle that may be a problem.

Each of our more robust forums presents a topic which has it's own history; and there may be disagreement as to what belongs there, as opposed to say, anything about evolution, religion, social issues, ancient archaeology, and many more... some people might want them to remain where they are as opposed to being separated from the context which a member wished to provide for the topic....

But still; I find the idea to be a good one, and one that could be fruitful in and of itself.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I agree. A history forum would be a great addition. It might be a good place for archeological finds that don't really fit in the Ancient Civilizations forum as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
YES PLEASE!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
great idea!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
lovely idea!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is a damn good idea!!! An alternative history forum promises so much more interesting & informative than just Ancient & Lost Civilisations, or Conspiracy in the Education & Media, as it promises to fit together the much bigger picture (as all history does). I'd call it: "Alternative History & Out of Place Artifacts"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by daaskapital
Hello ATS members, i am writing this to ask if ATS could have a history forum. Would you like it? I think it would be awesome for everyone as we can all learn from history, and it is also an amazing subject to research and communicate about.

Originally posted by Maxmars
Unfortunately, it is not my say whether we do or don't. The owners must deliberate many other factors before such a thing happens; and as they are not wont to lack for plans, it would have to fit into whatever they have on their plates at the moment.

I recommend patience, and a presupposition that we may have to bring the matter up again. I am hoping some other Mods weigh in here, just to see if we can get some opinions on why we might not want to do this.

"I second the motion"........ alas, my voice is simply an opinion. As Maxmars expressed, it's not "our" say whether we can open up a new forum dealing with Conspiracies in History and/or Revisionist History. There are a number of factors that need to be considered and it's up to the ATS Owners and Administrators before such a thing could take place.

Still, to be quite honest, I personally would be thrilled to see such a forum (or forums). My area of interest and research as of late has centered around revisionist history, WWI, the " interwar years " and the prelude to WWII as it applied to the Scandinavian and Baltic nations -- an aspect of European and North European history that has long been generally overlooked.

This concept certainly has my interest. extra DIV

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Is there any way in which one can express their idea to the heads of ATS for consideration?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Is there any way in which one can express their idea to the heads of ATS for consideration?

Posting right here will get your ideas or suggestions heard but, you can also post post suggestions and ideas (as well as complaints) in the Complaint Forum. There your Suggestions and Ideas (as well as your complaints) will be read by the moderators and then passed on to ATS Admin and, of course, to the ATS Owners.
edit on 4/6/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello,

I think this is a great idea and I would be ready to throw my time and effort behind a HISTORY forum if there was one...

I have more than one thread concept that revolves around WW1, WW2 and many other historical events of significance, the best place I have found so far...( even with the input of mods )..for said threads is the General Chit Chat forum.

I believe these topics and others deserve more than general chit chat, so I would very much love for a history forum
to be made available...

Thank you for reading.

SS

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would loveto help out with a history forum as well. I got my degree in anthropology and would love to discuss all facets of history with other members.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think the people have spoken.

I am still up for a history forum dealing with both, history in general and conspiracies/inconsistencies found within.

Hopefully the owners can make this happen sometime soon!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I think it sounds like an excellent idea!

However...these thoughts don't go very far on ATS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And...so goes another good idea!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Given some of the breathtaking ignorance shown on here about history, especially in recent threads, I think this is a fantastic idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join