It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propranolol: The Drug That Everyone Will Be On.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

What are your thoughts on Propranolol?
Why do you think it's being described to treat so many different 'afflictions'?
Why do you think it's received so much funding to test it again and again on different 'problems'?

1. I think you hit the nail on the head. Well done!

2. I'm surprised they don't claim that it will keep your teeth healthy, too.
3. They're obviously planning on using it a lot. All of the research grants that are being handed out are done in order to cover most legal loopholes. If people begin dying from this drug because it doesn't mix with their currents perscriptions, they become addicted to it, have a bad reaction to it, or they are left permanently crippled from it, they will have covered their butts against any law suits filed.
Ex: Well, yes, during the trials, 49% of the rats died from convulsions after taking the drug for a year. After numerous trials and seeing the same results, we decided that this drug was safe for the masses because the survival rate was repeatedly greater than the mortality rate."

edit on 2-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
pharmacopia in one word.... I feel that TPTB are definitely seeing that we are calmed , complacent and willing to accept! ADD, ADHD, All these problems that we need those pills to fix!!! Calm as Hindu cows! A reference to the film "Fight Club"... great book and great flick...on par with "Network" for you old folks who mighta viewed that movie... a very on point Hollywood production to say the least!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Okay, I haven't read completely through this thread, but I'm pretty much baffled at the allegations made based on the OP. I'm pretty familiar with the pharmacodynamics of propranolol, and you're pretty far off with what you think it can do to humanity as a whole.

a "sympatholytic" drug can be split into two pieces, the root and the suffix. The root is "sympatho-" which comes from sympathetic, as in your sympathetic nervous system (or as you know it, you're 'Fight of Flight' reaction mechanism) and "-lytic" which means comes from lysis, or 'to decline'. Your heart has receptors within it called beta-1 receptors and upon stimulation by our 'fight or flight' molecules (epinephrine and norepinephrine most notably, these are AKA catecholamines) our hearts increase in chronotropic (rate of heart contractility increases by increased electrical activity) and an increase in the heart's inotropic activity (force of contraction).

Propranolol effects the human by sitting on these beta-1 receptors and antagonizes them, meaning it sits on the receptors but do not exert any sort of effect. The effect of occupying these receptors without any effect is that when the a rise in catecholamines (epinephrine/norepinephrine) are in the blood, they will pass by the heart's blocked beta-1 receptors and you wont have an increase in heart rate/contractility.

This may appear to act to 'curb racism' by seemingly "relaxing" the racist when he sees someone of a colour/race he does not approve of, but really his mental hate is still there to stay, but his body isn't kicking into that "THERE'S A THREAT IN MY IMMEDIATE SURROUNDINGS" response our fight-or-flight sympathetic system gives us when we feel threatened in some way.

It helps for PTSD and anxiety because a racing heart only amplifies anxiety. The people on this drug are basically unable to fall into that 'freak the hell out' mode. Some people who have a hard time speaking in public will take a dose of propranolol before their speech because a racing heart scares us, and if we're at a calm easy 72 beats per minute, you're less inclined to psych yourself out of performing appropriately.

Now, after that explanation, do you understand why it wont create soldiers with no moral repercussions? Why an athlete couldn't take it before a big game he was anxious for?

Because a soldier may need his heart rate to go up! Because an athlete NEEDS his heart rate to be up! Propranolol cancels out your fight or flight mechanism, and I'm pretty sure that's saved the lives of more soldiers than bullet proof vests... If a combat soldier was on propranolol and he ran 50ft with all his gear, he'd collapse because his heart didn't compensate for his physical activity. It doesn't change the way anyone thinks, it just doesn't let the heart rate go up.

Hopefully a bit of this knowledge can add to your discussion of how EVERYONE will supposedly be on this drug.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Aeriq because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What they were saying was that it could potentially "cure racism."

I did a quick search and came up with the below yahoo link; sure enough, Propranolol seems to be being pushed as a possible, new, "anti-racism" drug.

AHAAAAAAAA!!
There you have it,

OK, everyone that insinuated that I was a racist because I didn't vote for Obama can now APOLOGIZE.

I have been on Propranolol for years,
ha ha

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'd like to add that if there ever was a martial law invasion, I sincerely hope every soldier invading their own land is given a nice dose of propranolol. That'd be the most hilarious invasion of all time. The youtube videos thereafter would be priceless.

Soldiers: "GET ON THE GROUND! GET ON THE GRrrr..."
*soldiers collapse to the ground a few steps later*

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You're a good writer friend you should do more to expose these nazi schemes if you don't already. I totally agree with you on all your points. And it's the height of stupidity to assume that the establishment won't use drugs to coerce us into cooperation with their incredibly insane ideas.

Racism is a tool of the government, created by the government, to divide and conquer the people and to perpetuate inner struggle to distract the populace from the real moral criminals on earth, and you know who I'm talking about.

This is like Ritalin all over again; the people (in that case children) aren't assimilating with established culture/systems, so they must change the people. Not once did the righteous idea enter their minds that possibly culture and the systems in place might have grown outdated and irrelevant to modern man and that children's hyperactivity and lack of interest are symptoms of growth and not symptoms of a problem. If the government had it their way, we'd all be pacified zombies eating our handful of mind-steering pharmaceuticals every morning, questioning nothing and obeying everything.

So yes, friend, you have every bloody right to be frightened of this drug because when the government and their institutions over-zealously endorse something, it's usually a control ploy because this drug would never be accepted into society unless people were convinced it was the best thing to ever happen to them since sliced bread (Ritalin all over again, except this time targetting a different non-cooperative part of the brain: free will/thought).

They use the racism card to push this agenda so that when people like you and I stand up and say no to this drug, they can turn around and ask "what, are you guys racist or something?" Then every sheeple and his dog will castrate us for our heineous crime of non cooperation under the guise of social cleansing. Obviously you're not a racist, and I personally totally abhore racism as the insanity it is (we're all One), but I feel that there is no "cure" for bad thinking besides discovering the truth on one's own terms. The government's job should be to create a healthy environment for those terms to be met by everyone equally, as early on in their development as possible. But the world we live in is very far from equal, safe or sane.

The problems with society are the symtomps of a collapsing dog-eat-dog system of corrupt capitalist economies and rigged politics, the human mind has not been allowed to flourish in its most supportive environment. The governing bodies of the planet's solution is not to change the mind's enviornment and the structures we live in, but to change the mind so that it might cope with these hypocrisies and insanities passed off as logic and freedom.

The only "cured" mind is a free mind, and there ain't nothing free on this sad beautiful planet of ours.

But in any case, the universe is great and fair, and whatever will be, will be.

"When you have cut down the last tree, and poisoned the last river, you will know that you cannot eat money." - Native American Indian wisdom
edit on 2/4/2012 by MyrtlePlace because: typos

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
bold statement..
but No,, I wont be on that medication

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

They sadly want everyone on drugs. I wish we did not see this stuff happening but it is the world we live in...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Propranolol, or Inderal. has been used by professional athletes, i.e golfers, for a long time to keep the heartrate at a continuous steady beat and increase performance under pressure. Usig it to cull the populace makes perfect sense if you are globalist controller in the PTB. Welcome to the brave new world.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is the dumbest assertion I've heard this year. Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I do hope that this isn't true, if it is... Well.. Gods help us all!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I was prescribed propanolol for my anxiety leading up to getting married. I have anxiety already but before the wedding it became unbearable. I was only on it for two weeks so I can't give any accurate information on its long term effects. I would describe it as about the same as being on Xanax. I was much calmer and relaxed in situations that normally would trigger anxiety. For me, it was enjoyable.

That being said, I can see how it could be dangerous in the wrong hands. Basically every emotion you have is dialed down a few notches. No telling what a stronger dose might do.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I took Inderol for Tachycardia events for many years starting at about 20 years old. I only took it when I had a sort of AFIB attack and it worked. Later different doctors tried putting me on Toprol when it started to get worse but I had complications and had to quit. I never took Inderol full time, just occasionally. I have since learned to control these attacks by avoiding stress and certain foods. Beta blockers aren't good for many people and they can make most people gain weight. I have learned it was easier to change my diet and avoid situations that put me into a path to a stressful lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

"A drug to cure racism? How about a drug to cure stupidity? Keep in mind being ignorant is not knowing any better, but stupidity is knowing better, but doing something anyway. Racism is stupid, because people know better, but have their biases anyway."

Well done my feelings exactly..look up the definition of racist or racism..it takes an intelletual committment to and idea ..Most acts of racism are simple acts of ignornance and misguided anger. Propanolol, originally available in the USA for PAT (irregular heart beat) usually in women, then for headaches, and currently a "first line druge" for essential hypertension, certainly cannot cure ignorance..even if a side effect of the drug is to delay the Fight / Flight response to stressful situations. Racism is a product of our society (primarly in the USA) and frequently manifested in the south (I'm from the carolina's). What is interesting to me is: I work in Afghanistan, running a medical clinic and I have a South African (black) EMT. For those who dont realize it Kenyan' are pretty much integrated and skin is not the basis for cultural desputes. Interesting enough, Afghan people deffered to be seen by our new medic because of the dark color of his skin. Those Afghans who deffered to be seen by him were simply not seen at all. This to me represents an unbiasised example of cultural ignornance..and again Propanolol would not help Afghans get over there fear of beening treated by a person of dark skin color. After a few months the Afghans are comfortable with being examined by the Kenyan, and all is well. For what its worth, I dont want a panacea to solve our societie's problems, I want to evolve to be a more educated, elightened person and dont feel I need a drug to acheive this goal.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You know, my bloodline takes a great deal in teaching their younglings how to live off the land, how to make basically everything they need. A few years ago I began to understand. This is just another turning point. If they start forcing me to do this(and a lot of other things I won't explain right now) I will be gone. I don't need the government. In fact, you don't need either, you just did not realize it yet

Putting the jokes aside. We have reached to the point where our gov't is merely a bloodsucking parasite(as was it always, it just had some uses) and I'm full of it. The point is that I think the most healthy reaction if most(if not all) of us are.
I just hope that there will be more than me, who will secede from this fake world, turning our faces from our fake government while stopping to believe in our fake politics. I Hate and Despise this fake world, and everyday, I dream of seeing it collapse, or at least, leaving it behind. Even if it means the downfall of those who choose to remain in it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As far out as some of your speculation could seem to some, I got chills reading this. I started "becoming aware" or whatever you want to call it,after I became sober off a pain pill addiction. I read "Brave New World" when I was addicted to oxycodone a few years ago, and even through the comfortably numb, conscious-less feeling the high gives you I realized I was ingesting soma, that all the over-prescription of America was not just a scam for money but could be something more sinister... so I hit up pubmed, and from what I learned confused me because most addicts were white men. Historically, this isn't a population you'd want to exterminate... later on I had a thought the lack of... humanity you feel on opiates would be useful in a martial law situation. Either as the soldiers or the sheep.

I refuse to believe the drug would be strong enough to control everyone, I believe the human will is a very strong thing that even firing of neurotransmitters can't change many parts of our though processes. But many people will. And this is scary as hell.

Thank you for some new information regarding what I believe to be one of the strongest yet least talked about weapons against us.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have a story to tell about that tablet [propanolol] .One day in portsmouth england ,there was a naval display for navy families, this happens every year in the summer ,any way moving on my mum happens to live on a street that leads up to the naval base and every year everyone on that street gets an invitation to the base, for a display for family in the service and people on the road will get an invite etc.So my family and i decided to go over there and indulge in a day out,so after tug of war numerous tents and stuff including the beer tent i decided to distance myself from the noisy crowd and went to sit across the field, when all of a sudden everyone shouted duck to which i did luckily, as a parachute guy came down just missed my head and tragically died and came down with such force that he made a hole in the ground .With that people sceaming i fell down mainly with shock only then to be man handled by the military personel who immediately rushed me through these doors which i should imagine was their infirmary, then all of a sudden these tablets tossed in my face and they were demanding that i take them.Then the doors were bolted shut and i was locked in there scared out of my mind. there was a loud bang at the door to which several voices shouted open up this is the police and the ambulance service,i was terrified this carried on but in the meantime these people were trying to make me take these tablets i said wot are they to which they replied ohh just propanolol and some red coloured water .and these other tablets were illuminous in colour.i felt scared and refused to take them.police were let in along with ambulance and i was admitted into hospital for the night.well my fellow ATS members It gets better as when i got the NEWS paper when discharged a different story was told a very different story indeed .A complete cover up with the ministry of defence claiming it was one of there own guys that almost got struck etc.when they knew fully well it was me!.i was then watched going in and out of my mums for months, and at that time i decided to make a claim against the ministry of defence on how it was run as they never mentioned to the public that they were parachutists dropping from the sky so i decided not to claim on the man dying but the ministry of defence,and ohh my god people it took my seven years, good news is i won which is good as only a handfull in england in comparison have won against the ministry of defence they were bang to rights as thousands of people luckily witnessed it . So my fellow ATS readers That was the story about the lying cover up that goes on sometimes in the good old ministry of defence and this propanolol and some illuminous tablet is still a mystery .That was a day i would never forget in a hurry.peace people and thank you for your support from accross the pond in america .
edit on 2-4-2012 by denver22 because: spelling mistakes

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I was actually on some of this stuff a couple years ago. I had some of the most vivid discoveries and revelations during that time as well.

I also has a great diverse group of friends for the first time.. o.O

Lol, I was never racist.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Your heart must have been racing and they gave you the Propanolol to settle it down so you didn't have a heart attack. I wonder what the other tablet was, Inderol was white.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join