It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phantom King of the World [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Alone in my office, I can't help but stare at the picture that has recently been placed on the wall. But it's not the picture that has my attention, it's the inscription beneath it, 'King of the World.'
That's what the recent headlines have been saying and it's what the people chant.
They say I united them in fighting against the New World Order...and here they are, unsure of the future, frightened by the unknown, demanding a new one. And so I stare and ask myself, 'Is this really what the people want? More importantly is it what they need?' Just then my thoughts were interrupted as a voice broke through the silence, "Sir, the people are waiting for you to give your speech"

"I just need a moment to collect my thoughts...Thomas, is it?"

"Yes, Sir"

"Thomas, do you believe in what we've done?"

"Yes, Sir. I think you are in a position to do a lot of good in this world. For once..for once people are actually starting to believe that we could actually have some peace, it's very exiting."

"That's all I've ever wanted, but what about the next guy?"

"Sir?"

"If I take up this mantle, 'King of the World' I will have all the power in the world, and so will the person that replaces me after I die. Will he be a good man? What about after him? How long will it be until a tyrant comes along, I doubt you would have to wait long, those that want power tend to have the worst qualities a person can have. And what about those that will point out that I represent a New World Order? Will they then unite, as we have done? Will they demand that the loudest voice among them become Chief of the Universe? I fear that whatever peace comes of this will be short lived."

"Sir, what will you do?"

"I'll do all that I can do...give a speech"

The anticipation bursts forth all at once in a roar of applause as an exited sea of people see me walking towards the microphone while they await the announcement of what their future will become. I pause, allowing the anticipation to build as I scan the crowd and take in the moment. With a deep breath, I proceed to speak with conviction, giving strength to my words...

"How long have you waited? How long have you had to suffer? How long have you done back breaking work without gain? How long have you risked your well-being fighting other people's fights? How long have you followed men that turned out to be liars and deceivers? For too long. Too many times we have all been betrayed by those that claim to work for our benefit. So I offer you a lasting solution to this problem...stop following other men. Following others has only ever led to one outcome, destruction and misery. If you fight it shouldn't be because a couple of old rich people you don't know can't get along with each other. When you work, you should gain the fruits of your labor. But much of it has always taken from you so that corrupt men can throw around your earnings without care, somehow they argue for your benefit. Why should you have to live week to week afraid of what you will do to survive, why do we allow for a world of poverty and hunger? Their is plenty in this world for all. Let the law be simple, love your neighbors and treat them as you would like to be treated with an understanding that all men are your neighbors. If you would not like to be hungry it would then seem wrong to allow your fellow man to be. And what of the roads and bridges, how will they be built if you are not followers? You may be surprised to find out that your fellow man also desires these same things and would be more willing to offer support without having to do so at the threat of a barrel of a gun. Throughout time men have always said they will do great things for you and the world as a whole if you just give them more authority to do so, but as a wise man once said 'By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfill their promise, they never will.' I am humbled that you would want me to lead you, but I am just a man, no greater than any one else. All in this world are created equal and all gain human rights from the same source, what you may believe that source is makes no difference. If you follow whatever it is that you believe gives you your natural rights with love and peace in your hearts instead following men than maybe, just maybe, for once this world might find peace. 'Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.' If we are to have a New World Order, let us be resolved to really make it new. A system of things that has never been tried before, a system that we have always been afraid to try. But if we have courage we will enter into a better future for all. No, I will not be your king...you will."
edit on 2-4-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

The_Phantom,
Great writing! Very interesting story! I enjoyed it very much!
S&F

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I like this alot. It's a great message, something we should all strive for. Thanks for writing and good luck with the contest n' stuff. s&f for you.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Inspiring speech, your highness.

SnF.

Just watch out for the assasin in chapter 2, eh? Not everyone likes a fair and just ruler.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
S&F

The Chaplin reference... very nice

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Thanks for the kind words Katharos!

reply to post by bekisu

Thank you bekisu, I hope so too.

"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” -MLK jr.

reply to post by Druid42

Good thing I'll be getting off of my high horse, that makes for way to easy of a target.

reply to post by Arrowmancer

I felt the need to spice up my speech with a better one.

edit on 2-4-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Hail to the king!!!!!!

Very inspiring my friend.I wish you would run for president.
You would have my vote.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks Phantom, that puts me up to a grand total of one vote. I'm well on my way.

Nice name btw.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If you decide to do it,i will tell my "klingon" friends to persuade everyone nicely to vote for you.

From one phantom to another.
Good luck my friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

My campaign platform would have to be to a promise that Star Wars fans (such as myself) and Trekkers will live peacefully side by side in all the land. It will be difficult to accomplish, but I can dream big.

edit on 4-4-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join