It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I always thought it was a brilliant depiction of Satan- his deception of giving gifts (knowledge), his intense hatred of humankind and utter contempt for life. Some philosophies hold that Satan is allowed certain powers over humans and denied others: he can control weather and influence emotions, but cannot overrule reason and will. I think he further deceived the children by appearing to give life to the figures the children made. Satan cannot produce life, only an illusion of it. The children can potentially create life, demonstrated in their crafting the figures. Satan's contempt is so great he can't resist destroying even the illusion of life. In the clip, he had great power but the children freely (and quickly) rejected him for his actual cruelty. His final statement that life is only a vision, everything is nothing, etc., is a satanic attempt to deny reason and logic.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I grew up on Courage the Cowardly Dog. I thought it was that special kind of scary, the kind where it doesn't strike fear but rather fascinates you. My mother tried to stop me from watching it, but I found ways to see it anyway. She would have had a stroke if she saw me watching this.
Do I find it scary now? Nope, just fascinating and captivating. If I would have seen this when I was a child, I would have # my pants every time time the sun set and have ran to my mother crying something like "I don't want to die tonight!"
Great find. I love this stuff.

edit on 2-4-2012 by insanedr4gon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna
Holy wow.....
Definitely true that it's creepy as all hell (pun intended)

I'm glad you enjoyed it in all its creepy ness
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by sugarcookie1

jesus thats disturbing.... i dont want to meet the kid who grew up watching that.

Looks like a few in hear did
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rourke
I always thought it was a brilliant depiction of Satan- his deception of giving gifts (knowledge), his intense hatred of humankind and utter contempt for life. Some philosophies hold that Satan is allowed certain powers over humans and denied others: he can control weather and influence emotions, but cannot overrule reason and will. I think he further deceived the children by appearing to give life to the figures the children made. Satan cannot produce life, only an illusion of it. The children can potentially create life, demonstrated in their crafting the figures. Satan's contempt is so great he can't resist destroying even the illusion of life. In the clip, he had great power but the children freely (and quickly) rejected him for his actual cruelty. His final statement that life is only a vision, everything is nothing, etc., is a satanic attempt to deny reason and logic.

Thats exactly what the movie is about..I liked the final statement that life is only a vision, everything is nothing certain parts of the movie made sense to me..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by insanedr4gon
I grew up on Courage the Cowardly Dog. I thought it was that special kind of scary, the kind where it doesn't strike fear but rather fascinates you. My mother tried to stop me from watching it, but I found ways to see it anyway. She would have had a stroke if she saw me watching this.
Do I find it scary now? Nope, just fascinating and captivating. If I would have seen this when I was a child, I would have # my pants every time time the sun set and have ran to my mother crying something like "I don't want to die tonight!"
Great find. I love this stuff.

edit on 2-4-2012 by insanedr4gon because: (no reason given)

insanedr4gon
I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for posting..Also i love your avatar
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Love Mark Twain. The video is surreal to sight, sound, and intellect. I enjoyed it. But not for kids. Thanks for another interesting post. S & F from ATP.
edit on 2012/4/3 by Another10Pin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Damn freaks who made that film

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Slightly offtopic I know, but it does have relevance to the fact some people were shielded more as children than others and how times have changed even for me.

My parent's were never overly protective of what I could watch within reason. They were OK with the old Hammer Horror stuff, but with the rise of the video nasty I was for the most part hidden from it. (I say for the most part because even if you didn't watch them, you couldn't escape the graphic cover's in the video shop). All cartoon's and claymation stuff were fair game though, and who can forget the Old 1978 Lord of the Rings toon?

I was however, nearly mentally scarred for life at the age of 7, first year of Primary school.

It was only a tiny village school, one class for each year..In those days about 20 kids in each class if that...You get the gist.
Anyway, one glorious day my class were all filed into the main hall, to be faced with a load of round tables filled with paints, pencils and crayons. Mrs Ball, our teacher for that year whipped out a brand spanking new LP of Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds and informed the hall full of now nervous children that we had to listen to it and draw what we thought was going on. Well you can imagine..This was 30 years ago!

I was in my Twenties and a mother before I could listen to the damn thing without having a panic attack and I mean a proper think you are gonna die panic attack.

Bloody school would get sued these days...

Mind you, if I'm honest they scarred a few of our childhoods with that film The Day of The Dolphin too..

edit on 3-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

you might not realize this is only one little 5-7 minute segment about 2/3 of the way through a whole feature-length cartoon. Most parents would be out of the room by that time, except for Mark Twain fans, and Mark Twain fans would love their kids to see this. Then they would have the opportunity to explain the lunacy of religion to their children.

You do know Mark Twain was anti-religion, right? He didn't believe in a real Satan any more than he believed in SkyDaddy. Now, don't get me wrong, I have personal experience of the Infinite Creator, but my view is Monist rather than the chopped-up artifact of Theism. i am god. You are god. whoop-de-doo, let's have fun!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Slightly offtopic I know, but it does have relevance to the fact some people were shielded more as children than others and how times have changed even for me.

My parent's were never overly protective of what I could watch within reason. They were OK with the old Hammer Horror stuff, but with the rise of the video nasty I was for the most part hidden from it. (I say for the most part because even if you didn't watch them, you couldn't escape the graphic cover's in the video shop). All cartoon's and claymation stuff were fair game though, and who can forget the Old 1978 Lord of the Rings toon?

I was however, nearly mentally scarred for life at the age of 7, first year of Primary school.

It was only a tiny village school, one class for each year..In those days about 20 kids in each class if that...You get the gist.
Anyway, one glorious day my class were all filed into the main hall, to be faced with a load of round tables filled with paints, pencils and crayons. Mrs Ball, our teacher for that year whipped out a brand spanking new LP of Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds and informed the hall full of now nervous children that we had to listen to it and draw what we thought was going on. Well you can imagine..This was 30 years ago!

I was in my Twenties and a mother before I could listen to the damn thing without having a panic attack and I mean a proper think you are gonna die panic attack.

Bloody school would get sued these days...

Mind you, if I'm honest they scarred a few of our childhoods with that film The Day of The Dolphin too..

edit on 3-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Creepy: I was watching that around midnight last night on Youtube, before I saw this post of course. Quite a coincidence! We might have been watching it at the same time, perhaps? I'm churchcantor on Youtube. I don't post anything there, just comment on lots of classic animation! All I can think of when I hear John Hurt as Aragorn is Hazel from Watership Down (hard to imagine even a very brave rabbit leading the LOTR company!) or aliens popping out of people's stomachs (oh no, not again! Hello my honey, hello my baby...)

I keep getting into arguments about how I think the animated movie is more accurate than Peter Jackson every time I watch it and post a comment!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

you might not realize this is only one little 5-7 minute segment about 2/3 of the way through a whole feature-length cartoon. Most parents would be out of the room by that time, except for Mark Twain fans, and Mark Twain fans would love their kids to see this. Then they would have the opportunity to explain the lunacy of religion to their children.

You do know Mark Twain was anti-religion, right? He didn't believe in a real Satan any more than he believed in SkyDaddy. Now, don't get me wrong, I have personal experience of the Infinite Creator, but my view is Monist rather than the chopped-up artifact of Theism. i am god. You are god. whoop-de-doo, let's have fun!

seamus
I know its just a short clip of the movie i think you can watch the full movie on utube ..I'm not deep into any religion but i do like to hear what other people have to say about the subject from time to time..My parents probley weren't Mark Twain fans because i never got to see this film or maybe it just was never around when i was a kid to see..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I would love to see what Twain was going to say at the end. It could possibly explain this. There was probably some moral lesson to be learned.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wow. Here is another one to add to my list. So far, I have GI Joe and the Care bears movie, now I can add this one to my list of creepy 80's cartoons. I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg, though.

Something bad happened to the kids of the 80's.....we had so much in our entertainment that was geared this way. I think many of our boomer parents were just ex hippies and they did not care about us having exposure to this stuff perhaps? I wish I had not been exposed! Well, at least not as young as I was. I remember when the Freddie's and the Jason's were all the rage in elementary school....now I look back on it, what were the parents thinking? Or were the parents even around to know....latch key kid syndrome strikes again!

I do like how they depicted Satan in this cartoon, and how he/she had both a male and female speaking voice. I also noticed that the camera zoomed in on the girl with a bitten apple in her mouth. This was a well crafted movie no doubt. Layers upon layers of stuff I am sure.

I will have to get my kids to watch it and see what they think. They are older of course, so I do not hesitant in showing it to them, if they were 3-7 I think I would hesitate. Well done sugar cookie! Thanks for posting this one!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Mijamija
Im glad you enjoyed it and thank you for posting
peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join