It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Church Kidnaps Teens, Holds Them At Gunpoint As A 'Lesson'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by buni11687

I'll be more than happy to single out Churches and be outraged at them taking the role playing scenarios of terrifying things WAY too far with kids. It's only right to be mad and this IS wring to be doing. The kids have enough without overgrown children replaying scenes of Cops and Robbers. It's not cute and kids are traumatized.

I'm just a little mixed about running out half cocked at another Church when the Public Schools have been doing this at various places around the nation since the Columbine massacre. The public schools are just as wrong....I just don't see why we're playing the Church aspect of this up when they're just one among the crowd of authorities who thinking scaring the life out of citizens is acceptable.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Do you actually have a citation for this -- all I found was Alex Jones and some conservative propaganda sheet

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

How would it ever be acceptable, getting the parent's permission, to allow your kid to be kidnapped and scared by men waving guns at them? Now, that's good parenting right there! That will teach them not to be kids!

P.S. I'll check local papers and post back any differences.
edit on 2-4-2012 by KillThePoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sounds to me someone should teach them a lesson, maybe burn down that ******* church.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Lemmie make a note....and I'll dig them up when I get back from school tonight. The first incidents I recall reading about were at truck stop restaurant tables over my daily USA Today when I was trucking. That was before I'd heard of AJ as more than some distant 'someone' Coast to Coast AM seemed to avoid naming on anything, so I'm not sure where or how Jones jumped into that swamp originally.

It will take me a bit with Google's date searching...so have faith, I'm not going to forget and given how this *IS* traumatizing the kids who aren't told until well after that the "drill" wasn't really armed men ready to murder them, I'm looking forward to getting a few solid, documented scenario drills to show everyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
"Pastor Lanza says moving forward they will notify parents first. but he won't stop doing it. He says the lesson is too important."
So even after the criminal investigation begins, the pastor insists that this will continue. Hopefully all the "faithful followers" who were involved in this travesty will be sent to prison as the first REAL lesson to be learned. Then the pastor can pull next years christian terrorism event himself. After all the press this event gets though, I doubt anyone in that small town will ever fall for this again.

Religious persecution to legal prosecution all demonstrated in one sick event. What a lesson.
edit on 4/2/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: correct grammatical error

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Oh well,should stand them in good stead when we are all sold out and Shariah law is sneaked through in a western country near you!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

even if the kids agreed to the lesson, they are under age and therefore not able to decide for themselves that this is appropriate. Responsibility lies solely with those performing the kidnapping, those facilitating it and the parents allowing it.

There is no debate or question here in my opinion. The parents who know about this are guilty of child abuse and conspiring to abduct a minor. The "Church" planning this is guilty of child abduction and the abuse and assault of a minor. Those actually kidnapping the children are guilty of kidnapping, false imprisonment, mental and physical torture...

I simply do not understand why there is any question about any of this. These people are doing this to children. All of the adults involved in this should already be in custody and facing charges!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wonder if they had plans for worse actions against these kids. And changed their mind, and played it off like it was fake.

Something smells and I bet it's the cop.

I'm Gonna rob a bank and then claim it was just a "lesson ".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com... new link and video and more reputable source then huff pro(in my opinion) and it seems the off duty cop is gonna get totaly and rightfully screwed as well as the church is gonna get charged with anything and everything they can throw at them....terrifying that this even happined

more links from local paper www.pennlive.com...

The church did not notify parents or students of the raid, Lanza said. Lanza, who has served as pastor at the church for about a year, said the teen made no indication that she had injuries during the raid. He said he views this incident as a learning experience.

and here is a video of the pastors response (pukes) this guy is a real peice of work and plans on doing it again in the future really hope this guy ends up behind bars for years maby he can try this on the inmates in prison and see how it goes?

“Now we know what we have to do in the future,” Lanza said. He said he doesn’t plan to shy away from the practice, which he called a valuable learning tool. “This is to give students a sense of the constant threat brought against missionaries everywhere,” he said.
www.pennlive.com... wow just wow

edit on 2-4-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

Can we say...".JIM JONES"... Be good little kids now.. drink your Kool-Aid.....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I was raised in this church.. A/G .. My own child went to an "OVERNITE" fun nite it was suppose to be.. well they locked them in and when My child wanted to come home because she didn't agree with what they were doing and they were making fun of her because she had not been attending there alot. THEY were NOT allowed to call me and were made to sit in a corner for the rest of the nite. Untill my little one escaped.. Went to a friends house and called me.. You can believe I gave that pastor hell and needless to say NO I DO NOT GO TO CHURCH.. and that one is crazy... That was almost 18 years ago.. they are only getting worse and try to INSTALL FEAR in you .. that is there only control.. Only the ones that go to church and believe what they tell you are always in fear of going to hell..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
stuff like this is why i dont associate with church go'ers (not that all religious people are bad) but because of the bad ones that make me not even want to deal with them or give them a shot,ill be printing this ariticle out to show the gehovias witnesses that show up at my house every saturday as to why i dont go to churches

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If parents want to teach their kids a lesson like that then thats their prerogative. I dont agree wirh it but its not my place to tell someone else how to parent unless the kids lives were at stake. If that was my kid and the minister did it without my consent you guys would never find the body. Hell if i did allow that to jappen to my kids id off myself for being a pos right after i buried everyone else involved.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Meanwhile, there's a man in Italy with a large funny hat and a staff thinking to himself, "Thank God it wan't Catholics this time."

The only reason I clicked on this thread was that I was hoping they were Amish. That would have been a story.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Do you actually have a citation for this -- all I found was Alex Jones and some conservative propaganda sheet

Sorry about being late in getting back on this, It's been a long night. Anyway... I appreciate the excuse for taking the time to really research this. I found at least one of the stories I recall reading and several others.

Hoboken hostage drill at HHS angers kids & parents

In this situation, the fake drill involved an armed gunman holding hostages in the library, all while a fire in a stairwell was happening at the same time

This was essentially a non-event for us over here (they do similar drills throughout the year). But this just got a little interesting, because apparently no one at the school was informed (kids, teachers, parents) that this drill was going to take place. We suspect the more real-life the drill is – the more realistic the crowd control situation would be to test how emergency responders would handle the situation.
Source

Principal Accused Of Mock Shooting In School Drill
That one was a doozy...with a staged shooting on first graders. Traumatized is an understatement, I'm thinking.

Finally a third one,

School Drill Taken Too Far Or Not?
The police entered the school in riot gear including vests and helmets. Students were removed from the classroom and patted down by officers in the halls. They were asked what was in their pockets and if they had any weapons. The police carried rifles that were unloaded and marked with tape indicating that they were not live, although I doubt the students recognized the meaning of the tape.

Students were unaware that the exercise was just a drill as a result many of them were terrified. I'm sure they were wondering what had happened or if their own lives were in danger. Many of the parents felt that it was wrong that parents and students were not informed of the drill.
Source

I found more, but don't want to make a book out of this. I will leave this to ponder though, given the above examples.....and much more on the net.

Source

I grew up and went through school with nothing more to fear than death in a millisecond of brilliant light brought to us by the great humanitarians in the USSR. These days, over 1/3rd of our schools are drilling the kids on hostage situations.

At least the priest in this situation was impressing a lesson about oppression and the reality of life without directly terrorizing the kids in mock gunman drills. Both this church and the schools these days are wrong with the idea of using REAL, cold fear of kids as a point in a lesson or training exercise.

Here is one last citation, so to speak. This guy makes a business out of teaching others how to scare the stuffing out of school kids as a routine part of training. #2 and #19 on his list jump out at me. Many of what he suggests are things I agree with as good thinking....but the use of real fear and such for training on YOUNG KIDS is just too much and too far. The Priest in the OP was wrong....among others.

Training outlines which include maximum 'stress' for realism

Now normally another goober on the net with a business doesn't mean much to me...but if you click over to the Vitae on the site, the guy has been the primary presenter/keynote speaker and lecture organizer for many many schools and education related organizations across the nation. That does tend to make it a decent citation for how this is systemic these days and what the people who run the system are being taught in seminars and training.

Scary stuff eh?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's actually quite serious," First Deputy District Attorney of Dauphin County Fran Chardo told the station in a separate report. "False imprisonment of a child, someone under the age of 18, is a second-degree felony punishable up to 10 years [sic] in prison."

If that's true then America has broken that law many many times before.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

>teens kidnapped suffered bruises in the event
>Pretty serious stuff here.

>suffered bruises
>serious stuff

>bruises
>serious

wat?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why do we want a population that lives in fear. Why are the people conducting this stuff so fearful.

In the school's case I think it must have been some authoritarian administrator that took stuff way to far -- the lt col. seems to have made a career of preparing for the inevitable. The church seemed to be making a point that of paranoia that the christians in the US were going to be rounded up and sent off to concentration camps.

Fear is not good, it makes people do stupid things. It makes people very controllable and is used as a tool by people with an agenda. It gives us really stupid laws and it strips us of our rights.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why do we want a population that lives in fear. Why are the people conducting this stuff so fearful.

In the school's case I think it must have been some authoritarian administrator that took stuff way to far -- the lt col. seems to have made a career of preparing for the inevitable. The church seemed to be making a point that of paranoia that the christians in the US were going to be rounded up and sent off to concentration camps.

Fear is not good, it makes people do stupid things. It makes people very controllable and is used as a tool by people with an agenda. It gives us really stupid laws and it strips us of our rights.

Perhaps this idiocy is even more widespread than I thought

www.wthr.com...
edit on 3-4-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Not very smart. Some unsuspecting person that was not on the "inside" see this going on could have very well pulled their concealed weapon out. Maybe an attempt to create a false flag. After all, the invitation was there, only no one accepted it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join